corbelden
Novice

Apr 25, 2006, 6:01 PM

Post #1 of 21 (768 views)
Shortcut
Am new to this site Can't Post

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. Having just recently moved to Malaysia from The Netherlands, my dog, a Maltese, is slowly getting used to the climate change here. However, he loves the garden we live in this community.

I have tried bringing him out a few times to cafes & outdoor restaurants here in KL but it is quite hard to bring him indoor most of the time. In Europe, i took him on train rides, shopping & eating out.

Please contact me if you are a dog lover yourself & would like to discuss or exchange useful informations on places that are dog friendly here in KL. I really enjoy going on this site to know that there are many people here in KL that treat their dogs like their "own children".

Bailey

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2006, 8:28 PM

Post #2 of 21 (757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [corbelden] Am new to this site [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi corbelden,

In Malaysia, there are restrictions on bringing dogs to public. One of the reason behind is due to religion-FYI, Muslim, which make out of the majority population in Malaysia, are not not allowed to touch dogs when they are in wet condition. Somehow most Muslims would not take any chance to touch dogs even they are in dry condition. So, if you intend to bring your dog to puclic areas such as shopping centre, cafes and even parks, you have to take extra care on your furkid not to "offend" anyone.

Another reason is that some irresponsible dog owners have let their dogs to poo/pee in public area without clearing up and let their dogs unleashed in the neighbourhood. Accidents happen when unleashed dogs bite people causing injuries and deaths. No matter how well-trained your dog is, you should not let him/her unleashed in the public areas to avoid "accidents". Also, there are problems regarding stray dogs and there is a special team from local council-we called them dog catchers who is delegated in catching unleashed dogs at the neighbourhood, with/without dog license. There are of course many more reasons. But you can find out more info from the forum- "Dog Friendly Places in Malaysia"
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

Natasha
Dog Kichi

Apr 26, 2006, 4:53 AM

Post #3 of 21 (745 views)
Shortcut

Hello Bailey ...

Malaysia is still a good place to live in despite all these unnecessary retrictions . After all we are not prohibited from having organizing dog gatherings and events . WinkTongue

So eh ...how old is your baby Maltese ?

netty
Dog Kichi

Apr 26, 2006, 12:49 PM

Post #4 of 21 (743 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bailey, or is it Cor?

I know how you feel, I live in Kuantan and I did also bring my dog once in town......

all the people run into the shops and jump out of my way.....

it's not Holland......Unsure

gezellig een Nederlander op dit forumCool

corbelden
Novice

Apr 26, 2006, 9:21 PM

Post #5 of 21 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [netty] Am new to this site [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Netty,

Saw you on the other site. It must be cold still in Holland? I lived 2 years in Holland & love how the Dutch treat their dogs as part of a family. My dog is a Dutch boy; born & bred. He is from s-Hertogenbosch.

Nice Kuantan. It is a big change from Holland. Am sorry to hear about your experience with bringing your dog into a shopping mall. My husband & i are both still looking for a dog loving family who can take care of him when we are away. So far i don't have much luck yet.

Hope you have a nice trip back to Kuantan. Eat all the Oude Amsterdam kaas, Herrings, Hema sausages, Boerenkool (my favourite winter dish!) & drink plentiful Douwe Egberts koffie while your there!

Tot Straks, Bailey.

netty
Dog Kichi

Apr 26, 2006, 10:34 PM

Post #6 of 21 (719 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bailey,

I know all about Malaysia, we have lived there in 1998, then we have to go back, the economy went down, we have to go back.

after arriving in Holland I got homesick to Malaysia, and we went back twice a month per year....

now we have a house in Kuantan, for 3 years, and I have been there in wintertime, so no boerenkool for meWink

at the end of this year we, my husband an I, move to Malaysia, so no more Hema sausages too, only when we go back for a short trip.

meaby we can meet when I am back in Malaysia, I am coming the first week of September, where do you stay?

and meaby the dogs like each other so I can take care of your dog, once or twice, and also the other way aroundTongue

my writing in English is not so good, but you do understand don't you?

my dog loves Malaysia too, she also did have a sort of home sick when we came back the first time, now she knows

BTW, you can get Douwe Egberts koffie everywhere in Malaysia, also in Kuantan......

zie je later, Netty

corbelden
Novice

Apr 27, 2006, 11:00 PM

Post #7 of 21 (703 views)
Shortcut

Hi Netty,

I live in PJ, it is a far drive to Kuantan to meet up...Wink

Your English is better than my Dutch that's for sure. I took a 9 months course which was "verplicht voor mijn verblijkunde" but my husband & i decided not to live in Holland. The language, i must say, is very hard compared to English! I would love to practice my Dutch but only when my schoonvader is hier in Maleisie daarnaar ga ik Nederland om te oefenen!

Where & which supermarket can i buy Douwe Egberts from? Cold Storage, Jusco?

I miss the Dutch "landschapen" & we would love to go back every year for winter & for the family as well...

Cheers, Bailey

netty
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2006, 12:39 AM

Post #8 of 21 (699 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bailey

thank you for saying that my English is "good"

your Dutch is also very goodSly

PJ, that's only 3 hours drive, with the new highway.....easy

What I read is that you are from Malaysia, and your husband is Dutch?

I saw Douwe Egberst in a cold storage when we wore in KL, you can try Giant.....Jusco we don't have in Kuantan, a lot of things we don't have in KuantanMad

a local shop, Pantay Selamat is the name, he has Douwe Egberts koffie, he have a lot of foreign stuff, small shop but heaven for me some timesWink

are you sure to go in wintertime to Holland?

and the landschappen, you can buy picturesTongue

when I am in Kuantan we can call each other, so you can practice your Dutch

bey bey Netty

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 28, 2006, 10:59 PM

Post #9 of 21 (672 views)
Shortcut

you would hv to know more dog lover around the klang valley area is u were to count on some1 to look after ur dog or even introduce you to some reliable pet sitter...

i'm too staying @ pj around gasing area....

we hv a weekly jungle trekking @ gasing hill, section 5 every saturday..... hope u would join us in future....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

corbelden
Novice

Apr 29, 2006, 6:08 PM

Post #10 of 21 (661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Natasha] Am new to this site [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Natasha,

My baby is 2 1/2yrs old & is very white. He only listens to me & follows me like no-one else exist in the world....Wink

How old is yours & what breed do you have?

Cheers, Bailey

corbelden
Novice

May 1, 2006, 12:28 AM

Post #11 of 21 (644 views)
Shortcut

Hi Netty,

That would be nice to improve my Dutch. I have never been to Kuantan before.

I have to check it out at cold storage then. No i am not a Malaysian but an Australian. My husband & our furry son are both Dutch. We have lived on/off in Malaysia & Singapore since 1997.

How about you, you seems to know alot about Malaysia, are you Malaysian, Dutch? Am a little confuse with globalisation nowadays but it is very interesting to learn.....Smile

I'm so happy your dog like it here in Malaysia, climate and all. My furry son as well & as long he is by my side he is very happy....

Tot snel, Bailey

netty
Dog Kichi

May 1, 2006, 1:11 AM

Post #12 of 21 (640 views)
Shortcut

Hi Baley

Hi Bailey

hahaha, my son in law is from Australia, I am Dutch, so is my husband and 2 daugthers.

my oldest daugther lives in S'pore with her husband and their daughter.

my yongest is studie in Holland.

we lived in Kuantan in '98, and moved back to Holland, but I like it better in Malaysia than in Holland.

we are selling the house in Holland an we are moving to Malaysia end of the year,

but I wrote it to you allreadyWink

your Dutch is better than the Dutch some people speak, they are from Australia, who live longer than 9 years in Holland, you are goooooooooood,very good

In August I do come with my dog, I have to bring her to the quarantaincentre, and after that I travel to S'pore.

on my way back home, to Kuantan, I will pick her up, and go home to Kuantan.

maybe we can meet, or call after I am back in Malaysia

lijkt me gezelligWink

tot later Netty

Kuantan is nice, very nice, more relax than KL, or other places.

nice beach, TC, next to the Hyatt

mbless
K9 Kaki

May 1, 2006, 5:36 AM

Post #13 of 21 (628 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I am Molly....I used to help in dogsitting but I cant anymore coz my family n my dogs are preparing to go to Aust.... but I know of friends who are doing dog sitting in home environment... U can call me at 012 6775627...

corbelden
Novice

May 1, 2006, 5:48 AM

Post #14 of 21 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Am new to this site [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Molly,

Thank you for your reply. Do you or your friend live in PJ? I live close to 1 Utama. Goodluck with your move to Australia & i hope your dogs will enjoy it there. I heard there is a 1 month quarantine & owners can only visit them once a week....Frown i hope i'm not scaring you. Best of luck!

I will give you a call later in the week.

Cheers, Bailey

corbelden
Novice

May 1, 2006, 6:10 AM

Post #15 of 21 (621 views)
Shortcut

Hi Netty,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I wish my Dutch is better.

We do have alot in common- living in Singapore,Malaysia, Holland & Australia! These are my favourite 4 countries....Laugh

I would love to see Kuantan one day, my husband has been there & loved it! We should chat more when you are back in the country & 3 hrs is not very far.

Will you be visiting Toffie while she is in quarantine? I visit mine the whole 7 days he was there, & spent 5hrs everyday with him. It was my first time experiencing this & was also very heart-breaking for me as my poor boy was behind the cell...Frown

Having a postcard of the Nederland Landschappen isn't the same as being there...Wink I like winter there as well & my boy likes to eat & jump into the snow! It would be nice if he could travel with us to & fro without having to quarantine him....Unsure

Anyway nice to hear from you again,

Welterusten vanuit Maleisie....

netty
Dog Kichi

May 1, 2006, 6:39 AM

Post #16 of 21 (617 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bailey

I do not visit Toffie when she is in quarantain, to far away.

but the place is much better at the new airport as it was on Subang.....

the man who's taking care is very friendly, and it's only for 1 week.

the first time I was very worry about her, she was only 1 and a half year old.......after she was at home, she stay for a week next to me, everywhere I go.

and your Dutch will allways be good, you have a Dutch husband, try to talk sometimes Dutch with him

if you like we can chat now.......I have a hotmail adress

voor jou ook, lekker slapen, en morgen gezond weer op

groetjes Netty

Natasha
Dog Kichi

May 1, 2006, 7:28 AM

Post #17 of 21 (615 views)
Shortcut

Yeah ...talk about loyalty and gluesome .. Fala would follow me anywhere , toilet is not even an exception . If not , she would sit and whine outside of the bathroom .. SO SWEET HOR ..

A lab , cream yellowish , 5 month old .

mbless
K9 Kaki

May 1, 2006, 8:07 PM

Post #18 of 21 (604 views)
Shortcut

I live in Bandar Utama... very near to your place... my fren doing the dog sitting lives very near my house.

My dogs will b quarantine for a month... i do not intend to visit them... it will confuse them as I wont b able to bring them home after every visit.... so i would leave them two there n collect them after the quarantine... The ppl there r very helpful n i think they will b in good hands.

U can call me nex week... bye

corbelden
Novice

May 4, 2006, 12:38 AM

Post #19 of 21 (575 views)
Shortcut

Hi Netty,

Thank you for offering to teach me Dutch. Helaas, mijn man en ik praten nooit nederland maar alleen engels. Ik vind dat het vreselijk is..Unsure Back to English now...Wink

I was glad that i was there for my dog for the whole 7 days, it was hard for him the first 3 days but after that he understood & waited for me every morning in his cell. I would go every morning from 10-5pm & always tell him before i leave him that i would come back for him the next day. He understood that we love him & that i will come back for him as promised.... dogs are such loyal animals.

I am so happy you are looking into adopting another one. I would love to do the same when the time is right.

I spoke to my schoonouders & they said "het is regenen nu bij Nederlands"

Tot straks

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 4, 2006, 3:48 AM

Post #20 of 21 (560 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Molly,

Thank you for your reply. Do you or your friend live in PJ? I live close to 1 Utama. Goodluck with your move to Australia & i hope your dogs will enjoy it there. I heard there is a 1 month quarantine & owners can only visit them once a week....Frown i hope i'm not scaring you. Best of luck!

I will give you a call later in the week.

Cheers, Bailey

huh?!? why australia got such rules?? owner can only once a week??

even in london, their visiting period are on weekdays....5 days a week.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

corbelden
Novice

May 4, 2006, 4:30 PM

Post #21 of 21 (541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Am new to this site [In reply to] Can't Post

it varies in different part of Australia, some quarantines allow daily visits. Europe is different, they are more acceptable to this than Australia...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my