Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Getting another puppy ??

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 18, 2006, 10:11 PM

Post #1 of 8 (810 views)
Shortcut
Getting another puppy ?? Can't Post

I got a 6 months old male maltese. I just brought him home for a month. I am thinking of getting another puppy.

I am working in the day time and he is left indoor. I am thinking to get a puppy to accompany him, at least he no need so lonely and boring at home... BUT hor, he is not house train yet, he still peeing all aroung the house... Should I get him the 'puppy fren' now so I train the two of them together or I get him house train first then only get him a fren?

Visit Hero and Casper's Blog

ppdcdm

Apr 20, 2006, 4:27 AM

Post #2 of 8 (783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] Getting another puppy ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Think train this one 1st as when u brought in another new dog probably he will follow suit. wat dog do u plan to get neway? whr do u get this maltese from?

(This post was edited by ppdcdm on Apr 20, 2006, 4:29 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 20, 2006, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 8 (765 views)
Shortcut

u should not actually get ur dog a fren...unless u really wanted to hv another 1.....d more d merrier or 4 breeding purposes....

our dog like 2 b d only dog @ home....so tat he'll get all d attention from d owner tat he is desperate 4.....

when u get another dog....he will feel irritated, especially if he is those tat had been pampered all d while.... i experience it when my uncle's dog arrive 2 my house.....my pacco looks so upset n attempt to snap d dog.... n non-stop barking @ me....

but if u really wan 2 get another addition.......best 2 get it after ur current dog had been properly house train...... 1 is easier 2 handle than 2....

n must consider which sex.....if do not plan 4 breeding....then choose d same sex.....this is 2 prevent accident and also humping behavior...

dunno whether u experience it b4 anot...... humping behavior is very annoying......

when they hv addict 2 it....they will even attempt to hump on humans leg...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 20, 2006, 7:28 PM)

ppdcdm

Apr 20, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #4 of 8 (752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Getting another puppy ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yap, the dog will get jealous at 1st but i think it is not a bad thing la, at least they have a companion ma. but i do strongly agree with u to get a same sex 1, maybe cycling u can go look for a male maltese o rather than a female 1. Smile

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 20, 2006, 10:12 PM

Post #5 of 8 (749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] Getting another puppy ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought Hero boy from a petshop in SS2.

Initially they told me he is 4 months old, I doubted if I should get him coz I thought it will be quit difficult to train him, but dunno y, I just like him so much... Blush and decided to bring him home

Until after I bought him (already paid) and got the vaccination card then onli i knew Hero is already 5 months plus, felt so unhappy coz kena tipu Mad A lesson for me to learn ...Unimpressed

Anyway, Hero is smart and fast in learning Laugh except the toilet training Frown He is now the heart of my family, everyone likes him and sayang him so much.. He got everybody attention.. until my youngest sis started to get a bit jealous liao Tongue

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 20, 2006, 10:57 PM

Post #6 of 8 (744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Getting another puppy ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply and advise Smile

Hero actually hump on my mother's and my leg in the first week we brought him home, it usually happend before he pee pee... Not sure why... But it is okay now.. no more humping on human legs.. but he humped on my friend's 3 years old Shihtzu, who is double of his size and when the first time my friend brought her ShihTzu to my house Crazy...somemore is a MALE !!! Pirate

But he doesn't hump on my neighbor french bulldog... may be the bull dog more aggresive then ShihTzu Tongue

Not sure he will get jealous and upset with a puppy fren. I did send him for a 2-weeks training. The trainer has a Jack Russel which is same age as Hero. Hero stayed with them the whole day, basically is from 8.30am to 5pm.. and he is getting well with them. Hero got so excited every morning when I sent him to the trainer house... I guess I am the one to get jealous.. Frown and he got a bit sad when I got him back from the trainer house..

Now the training is over and he has to be alone at home again... I am quite worrying about he could not get used to be alone.. When he was in the petshop, there are so many dogs and ppl walking in and out and during the training session, he has the Jack Russel to play with.. and now he is completely alone... and I feel really guilty for letting him be alone, so I go home during lunch time, to get him accompany...

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2006, 1:57 PM

Post #7 of 8 (730 views)
Shortcut

what did u send ur pup for training?

i mean, for housebreaking or toilet train or?

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2006, 4:12 PM

Post #8 of 8 (728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shuwen84] Getting another puppy ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is the basic training, She teaches the basic command like sit, down, STAY, walking with you without the leash, sit on his butt and shakes hand. She also able to provide Hero a big space to run, exposure to the nature and an playmate (her puppy) Cool

The Big space and nature is REALLY big and nature. Not the trainer house, of course. It's a place with large area of grass, with jungle and sand ground... Hero really had great fun and exercise. He went to bed 8-9pm after his day of training.

The trainer is able to give toilet train but is the outdoor house training because she has a yard, where her Jack Russel goes to the toilet.

Hero boy learnt that he can only pee/poo in the yard outside her house. He learnt the trainer's "potty rules" and he never pee/poo in her house starting the 3rd day of the training. Laugh

But I do not have a yard, onli the cemented car porch, so I have to do the indoor housetraining with Hero using the newspaper myself Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my