Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
how workin ppls take k their dogs daily?

billytakiz
Novice

Apr 3, 2006, 7:33 AM

Post #1 of 16 (1438 views)
Shortcut
how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? Can't Post

well, i'm stay with sisters at kl, not local..morning around 8.00am, all will leave the home for work..and back around 6.30pm..

i have dogs, morning i accompany him awhile be4 work, and evening after work, jus bring him out an havin fun..before go to work, i will feed him full and gave him alot of toys to keep him busy..

well, am i doin the rite things???

well, if dont mind, pls share urs with me...i wan to know more then i can going to change or wat wat to give my lovely dog the best

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 6, 2006, 3:18 AM

Post #2 of 16 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billytakiz] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

its juz the reality that we all had our own daily task.....we juz can't accompany them most of the time.....

ur idea was right, that u provide enough toys.....but usually they will get bored too.....unless u feel that the toys are really entertaining....

my dog will dump her brand new toy aside after 2 days.....so actually that's no point of buying any new ones....coz it juz couldn't last....

i've 2 dogs.....however, they rarely play with each other, when i'm not around......i think my dog get bored with other dogs too....Laugh

so, most of the time, they will juz sleep n sun bath, while waiting for my arrival....

if i'm hardworking, i'll wake up 7 am and bring her for a jog.....after she get fully exhausted after a work out.....she will have a nice nap during the afternoon.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

billytakiz
Novice

Apr 6, 2006, 7:53 PM

Post #3 of 16 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, i think so...we have our own daily task...

but no choice lo, have to keep buying new toys for my lovely dog..love him too much, wat to do..haha.. have to work, he will get bored at home, pity.....

yeah, good idea tat morning bring him out jogging, until he exhausted, then noon he can take rest..then wont be tat bored lo....

erm...good also....wat dog u have/???

how r they?? obedience??

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 6, 2006, 10:33 PM

Post #4 of 16 (1364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billytakiz] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

now i have a female black mongrel n a boxer that belongs to my uncle....

obedience?? erm.....not that kind of competition level.....but they have good house manners....

by communicating n interact with them more often....they will know what u expect from them.....

they trained themselve on day by day routine.....

i think letting them to feel a bit bored is alright.....then they will appreciate our company more....haha.....this is why whenever i ask her to perform tricks n fetch the ball....eventhough i don't give out any treats....she will still so eager to repeat the tasks again and again and again.....

doggie toys are not cheap lol......so i prefer to spend money to buy them nice food, such as salmon fish....they like food more than toys.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 6, 2006, 10:35 PM)

valerie_c
Novice

Apr 6, 2006, 11:41 PM

Post #5 of 16 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

My husband and I will normally wake up at 7am, clean and feed my pup and bring him to poo. and then leave him in a cage, while we work.

Then evening about 6.30pm, we will let him out and play in the house compound, bring him out for walk and spend some time with him lor. My dog is very "sticky"...he likes human companion. If we dont talk to him/ignore him...he will bark non stop until we do. *sigh*. too pampered i guess. haha.

Ya, i guess he can get pretty bored in the afternoon, but no choice lar...

No work, no food for him wor...=)

billytakiz
Novice

Apr 7, 2006, 2:38 AM

Post #6 of 16 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valerie_c] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, i think tats the only way for those who really love dogs but gonna work...i have to do so..but try to wake up earlier in the morning, then accompany them for a while...

until after work, accompany them again lo...no choice.....haha, no work no food..correct.....

i always think, if i'm rich...i wan to have more more more dogs...haha

dreaming

billytakiz
Novice

Apr 7, 2006, 2:42 AM

Post #7 of 16 (1341 views)
Shortcut

oh..they love salmon meh??i dunno ge...i know they love treats alot alot...

but i dare not give them too often..they will make noise for it....

like a fren of mine, she rare a shih tzu, she gave her the sausage kind of treat every day..now,, till the time if my fren not yet provide treats..the shih tzu jump jump jump jump and making noise alot alot...haha.until my fren cannot withstand anymore, then take out for her shih tzu...akekke

funny and clever dog....

well, normally female dog will be more patient and obediience rite??

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2006, 4:13 AM

Post #8 of 16 (1338 views)
Shortcut

ya....if u give them in an incorrect way....they will develop behavioral problem.....

for me....i'll only give out treats during training time or maybe if i'm lazy to practise with them.....i'll juz ask for a simple sit....

so that they will know treats are reward to performance and not whenever you like it....

actually i feed salmon sometimes as their dinner...not as treats....

about patient n obedience.....i think it much depends on the way the trainer teach the dogs.....

ya....i do heard from some who say that female are more patient n perform better at obedience....

but i still did not have the experience of owning two same breed of dog with different sex.....so cannot make up that conclusion...

btw.....my female dog is very rough and worse than a male......she humps on the male boxer....Crazy

however, i like her attitude of eager to plz and couldn't wait to chase that stupid ball.....

i really don't mind that my dog is kind of hyper....rather than a couch potato....

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 7, 2006, 4:15 AM)

irenec
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2006, 12:33 AM

Post #9 of 16 (1305 views)
Shortcut

It's a change of lifestyle. Before having a dog, don't have to wake up early for work. Now it's 7am. The one hour earlier is for feeding and cleaning up after her. She's so used to the routine that now she's my daily alarm clock. Without fail I have to be up by 7am. If not, she'll make lots of noise Crazy But in recent times she'll be more quiet on weekdays. But come weekend, it's the 7am alarm going off again. Think she's trying to keep me in from work. Ha ha.

Used to not having the need to rush home after work. Now I do as I know she'll be waiting and on the look out for me. If I'm late, she'll bark her head off at me.

Like you guys, I will try to spend more time with her in the evenings or weekends. Poor doggie, can be real lonely and bored during working days.

Did think of getting another one to accompany her. But some people told me that they might not get along with each other. So I have to put that idea on hold. Don't want to have 2 doggies at each other's throat Pirate

(This post was edited by irenec on Apr 8, 2006, 12:36 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 8, 2006, 3:36 AM

Post #10 of 16 (1291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

pacco used to make noise when its about 7am too.....

in order to shut her up so that she will not disturb the neighbour, i'll juz bring her out from the cage to let her pee....

but then later, she get earlier and earlier......6.45 and eventually now 6.30am she start the noise already...

i know i should have ignore her n wait until 7...... but my dad complain that he couldn't sleep....so i had to bring her out from the cage immediately....

however, now i've start to get a new idea..... i place an alarm clock in her cage....

initially i set the alarm at 6.15am.... after the alarm ring , then only i bring her out....so i continue this for about a week and later i set it to 6.30am....n then after a week...now i set 7am.....pacco now wait for the alarm to ring n she'll know that i'm coming to bring her out....if i'm late then she'll start barking....

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 8, 2006, 3:36 AM)

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 17, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #11 of 16 (1213 views)
Shortcut

wow this is an interesting topic to talk about as I just got a doggie recently and also feel rather guilty and sad to leave my whiskey alone at home during working hours. The worse thing is I keep him in the cage. I dunno about you guys. Leave your dog alone does that mean you leave him at the yard or like me cage him? I'm thinking of putting him at my kitchen area but that I need to fix a door first.

at least i know im not alone all these.. most owner just wants the best for our doggie..

hey amanda your idea regarding the alarm clock is rather good. I've seen your paccoblog and its really interesting to see the activities that you had for pacco and he's really well train can jump and bow bow.. not bad

I can foresee i'll have big problem when my doggie grow big.. I really made a big mistake by training him to poo indoor... i mean poo in the toilet.. but nowadays before i let him out he alr poo in his own cage... Im not sure whether i'll be able to change his habit of pooing at his own cage .. i want him to learn poo on the grass when i bring him for a walk but it dun seem to be possible..

Ive tried after food bring him for a walk even though he wanna poo he still tahan until i bring him back he will go back to cage and do his business... sigh.... Pirate

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 18, 2006, 7:17 PM

Post #12 of 16 (1179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] how workin ppls take k their dogs daily? [In reply to] Can't Post

how big is his cage?? usually dogs prefer not to poo in his own cage, unless the cage is big enough for him to avoid sleeping or stepping on the poo.....

puppy can't hold for long....if possible wait till he finally poo on the grass before bringing him into the cage.....the best is when u have grass at home....

when pacco is at the puppy age, i train him to poo next to his cage on newspaper.....but after she reach 6 months old.....i no longer put any paper for her.....instead, i bring her to poo at the garden....initially she hesitate to do it on grass, but since i didn;t put any newspaper for her......she couldn't find a spot to do it.....n eventually tak boleh tahan oledi.....so do it on grass lol....Wink

i do cage up my dog when i'm not at home......caging got lotsa advantages.....

ur dog could rest himself without any other interference n its an environment where he feels safe on his own

ur dog would not had a chance to learn any misbehaviour, like chewing or digging n etc

u can also prevent him from having fun alone playing around in the garden....

this is one of the important point, coz dog that tends to have fun on their own, will tends to ignore their owner....

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Apr 18, 2006, 7:19 PM)

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2006, 10:18 PM

Post #13 of 16 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Just recently I got him a bigger cage so that can tahan until his full size.

I think might be bcos of that he has the space to avoid it.

Your idea about wait till he poo before bring him back is good. Unfortunately, I only have a small pathetic patch of grass near the porch. So no choice will need to bring him outside. This time I will wait till he really really cannot tahan... Sly

Will let u know once I successfully make him poo on grass... hehe...

Kept raining this few days if this continues i dun think will have chance to bring him out..

Amanda, thanks for your advice and assurance regarding caging.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 19, 2006, 12:52 AM

Post #14 of 16 (1136 views)
Shortcut

ur small pathetic patch of grass near the porch should be sufficient for him.......he doesn't need lotsa space...

n bringing ur dog out to the grass might cause him to be infested by ticks n fleas.

Pacco de Mongrel

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #15 of 16 (1130 views)
Shortcut

.. but really its a small patch. u know single storey house has a patch of grass and actually we cemented it and somehow the last i decided to just leave a quarter of it which is actually quite small i think. Will try. Thanks..

daxyaphw
Novice

May 12, 2006, 1:33 AM

Post #16 of 16 (1027 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

Routine is the answer. For myself, I have a crate 4x4feet for my Jack. Once I woke up in the morning, I will let him out to the garden to do his business, meanwhile I do my business too and get ready for work. Once I leave the house, I will put him back in with sufficient water. No food! I feed him once a day and have no problem at all. He is trained to poo and pee once he is out the crate automatically. All I need to do is to make sure the door is open! Of coz when you around, do not cage/crate it. That't my way!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my