Do You like (husky + german shepard) Can't Post

Just Thinking of mixing these breedFrown
Frown A siberian husky lover Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2006, 11:41 PM

Post #2 of 35 (4483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siberian hushky] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

Why you wanted to mix them???

Are you thinking mixing a cat with a dog also??? Crazy

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2006, 6:53 AM

Post #3 of 35 (4471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siberian hushky] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

Why mix breed? Mix breeding destroys the breed......Mad If everyone wants mix breed then might as well don't have pure breed.......

Already SPCA got so many mix breeds and no one cares.... making more mix breeds will just give SPCA, PAWS and the Pet Rescue people more work and stress....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

siberian hushky

Apr 4, 2006, 2:50 AM

Post #4 of 35 (4428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

cat & dog of course cannot lah

siberian hushky

Apr 4, 2006, 2:54 AM

Post #5 of 35 (4427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

Huskies are a little too friendly and thats the kind of dog my grandma says "useless", because they can't be a watch dog!

sbt
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2006, 2:33 AM

Post #6 of 35 (4405 views)
Shortcut

I hope that you are kidding. If you want a watchdog, why then you get a husky or Golden Retriever. They are working dogs. You must read/study the breed before getting a dog. Know what you want and the purpose for it. Try making GSD pull a sledge.

Don’t ever mix them. Go and get a additional GSD or Rottie as Guard Dog lah!

Don’t contribute to more mix breed. And there is no guarantee that it will be a good watch dog anyway.

Don’t play, play…
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

siberian hushky

Apr 6, 2006, 4:06 AM

Post #7 of 35 (4399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownFrown Frown I thought GSD also working dog whatFrownFrownFrown

sbt
Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2006, 6:44 AM

Post #8 of 35 (4391 views)
Shortcut

Yup, A work dog can also be a guard dog. Dogs are territorial animal, you will see them marking the perimeter of the fences. If any stranger comes near to his/her territory they will bark.
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

siberian hushky

Apr 7, 2006, 12:32 AM

Post #9 of 35 (4368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

But husky's a nomadtic dog that are easily adapt to starngers

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2006, 8:08 PM

Post #10 of 35 (4350 views)
Shortcut

Hi Siberian hushky lover! Mixing the breed will not destroy the dogs or make them stupid. What matters to the behaviour/attitude of the dogs is the later part, how we, the dog owner train and treat them. If we chain the dog whole day, or left in the cage 24/7 unattended, i believe all dogs will get crazy or act aggresive when someone comes nearby. A GS which my friend kept is like a kitten, but another GS which my neighbour kept nearly bit off his hand. So is it the problem with the breed? Whether the breed has the cert or has won some beautiful awards, it does not matter. All dogs are the same, whether they are purebreed or mixed, they can be well-trained and follow the orders. Of course, there are some instinctively aggresive dogs like GS and rottweiler which need a "stronger" owner to take care of them. You need different kind of toys and care for these dogs compare to keeping companion dogs like shitzu or chiwawa.

My dog is 5 years old mongruel when i adopted her. This is the first time i keep a dog. She is well-behaved,obedient and follow all instructions. I am not an expert in dogs. There's no secret behind all the tricks and obedient trainning, what I have are patient and love.
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

siberian hushky

Apr 9, 2006, 11:55 PM

Post #11 of 35 (4348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't want to treat my husky so bad! I want it to sleep in my comfortable air-conditionated room, on a very soft pillow!Frown

apache
Novice

Apr 10, 2006, 4:40 AM

Post #12 of 35 (4342 views)
Shortcut

Not a good idea to x-breed huskies ,why do you want to do this? Is it REALLY necessary?

ppdcdm

Apr 11, 2006, 6:52 PM

Post #13 of 35 (4319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why mix breed? Mix breeding destroys the breed......Mad If everyone wants mix breed then might as well don't have pure breed.......

Already SPCA got so many mix breeds and no one cares.... making more mix breeds will just give SPCA, PAWS and the Pet Rescue people more work and stress....

what is wrong with mix breeds? if everyone wants mix breed i think it is great. any abandoned mix breeds AND pure breeds will add more burdan to SPCA what. breeding more mix breed or pure breed both will add on to the population. u seems like have no problem with breeding pure breeds but mix breeds... Anyway this Siberian Hushky here is juz a kids, pls don be so serious to him as he doesnt understand lots of things. can advice him properly.

siberian hushky

Apr 11, 2006, 10:45 PM

Post #14 of 35 (4311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [apache] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

too sadFrown

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2006, 6:09 AM

Post #15 of 35 (4301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

what is wrong with mix breeds? if everyone wants mix breed i think it is great. any abandoned mix breeds AND pure breeds will add more burdan to SPCA what. breeding more mix breed or pure breed both will add on to the population. u seems like have no problem with breeding pure breeds but mix breeds... Anyway this Siberian Hushky here is juz a kids, pls don be so serious to him as he doesnt understand lots of things. can advice him properly.

Thanks for the information.

I totally agree with you that breeding more dogs,regardless if pure or mixed breed, will add more burden to the society as a whole. I visited SPCA not long ago and surprisingly i found many abandoned pure breed dogs there. Take note that these are all ABANDONED dogs and not lost and found dogs. There were cocker spaniel, poodle, boxer, and a giant size St.Bernard. The reasons for abandon these dogs including shifting house, having new members to the family (like baby), no time, gf doesn;t like dog, the dog is destructive, the dog grew too fast and too big (the st.bernard case).. It's just too sad to see them waiting day n night in the cage waiting fro the next owner.Frown

ppdcdm

Apr 13, 2006, 1:31 AM

Post #16 of 35 (4287 views)
Shortcut

erm, not sure abt how is shelters as i never visited any. but i hate those who oways feel that purebreeds is better than mixed breed. juz look at wat this crazymouse say"Mix breed will destroy the breed"??!!! I feel even mongrel are equally good, might be even smarter & tougher. I am not here to say mongrel is better, wat i mean is we should love both mix breeds and purebreeds EQUALLY. if u wish to reduce the population, so go around & ask even pure breeds owners not to breed, not keep quiet for purebreed, but so sensitive when ppl mixed breed.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2006, 1:43 AM

Post #17 of 35 (4283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not saying mongrel is not good lah. What I meant is if mix husky with german shepard, it is just not right coz people breed husky for a purpose, people breed german shepard for a purpose coz the breeds have their own specialities. If mix them together, it just sounds not right unless there is an explanation like how people mix labradors and poodles to come up with labradoodles to guide the blind that is allergic to dog dander. If there is no purpose making a hybrid from those 2 breeds, then it is just destroying the pedigree.

Just trying to put a point that we should not mix 2 different breeds without a purpose. Not that I don't like mongrels, I involve myself in helping the animal rescuers and finding homes for mongrels and mix breeds. If I think purebreeds are better than mixbreeds, then I wouldn't be involved in such work.

Mixbreeds aren't stupid, Did I say they were? If people breed more dogs, regardless mix or pure, more will end up with animal rescuers and shelters.... look at the US, so many people coming up with Hybrids like Ori-pei and peekapoo.... so best not to start here lah.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

(This post was edited by crazymouse_yyh on Apr 13, 2006, 1:52 AM)

ppdcdm

Apr 13, 2006, 3:56 AM

Post #18 of 35 (4276 views)
Shortcut

Thats the point im trying to say, you should explain to him like that, not juz say why u want breed mix breed? it will destroy purebreeds. Further more, there are lots of postings abt breeding purebreeds, since ur point is don add on to the population, u should advice others as well, not only Siberian Hushky.

By the way, YES all dogs are bred with a purpose. But Husky is bred by mixing certain breeds too, German Shephard as well. Anyway, most of the dog owners is raring a dog NOT for the purpose of the dog used to bred for. So, no matter mix breed purebreeds, they are loyal, they are protective, they are EQUALLY good for nowadays. So i dont see wats wrong with mixed breeds.

& oh yah, stop claiming u r animal rescuer again, i heard much abt wat u did, so stop pretending.

(This post was edited by ppdcdm on Apr 13, 2006, 4:02 AM)

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2006, 6:28 AM

Post #19 of 35 (4266 views)
Shortcut

None of us here can give the justification for saying that "mixing breed is harmful/bad/wrong". Anyone here is the dog expert?? Me myself is not, i did not get a Bachelor Degree for Dog's Genetic Study. Sly

Crazymouse, you mentioned the point that "...we should not mix 2 different breeds without a purpose." What is the purpose do you mean? Breeding pedigree for commercial reason like selling them for money, is this a purpose? If you really WORK in SPCA before, you will find that the abandoned dogs out there were all bred with the same purpose. It's us, the human who have "purposely" brought them to this world. So they came to this world without a choice and ended up in SPCA without a choice too. It is the irresponsible owner to blame for not taking the prevention steps to stop their dogs from breeding "with a purpose" and creating more strays on the street. This applies to both mixed breed and pedigree.

I do not enourage or discourage people from breeding dogs, whether mixed or pedigree. A person can breed 100 dogs provided that he/she can take good care of all of them. Provide good shelter, love, petient and financially stable to support their living. Of course this is not possible to many of us. The person has to think twice before breeding them. Can he/she find good home for the puppy? What if the puppy is not healthy (people tend to sell off the unhealthy puppy to pet shop)?

It is the people's mentality about keeping dogs which we have to educate. Not about discussing on dog's breed. It is us who teach the dogs to "sit!", not the other way round. Who is there to say that GS is a fierce dog and GR is a tame and friendly dog?? By experience or the pet shop said so?? I have seen a chiwawa biting hard on someone;s hand and people being biten just laugh his way out (because CWW is a small and cute dog). But if it is GS who bites at his hand, do you think he still laugh his way out? People's mentality is set in such a way that they treat a GS in GS way and a GR in GR way. My mixed breed can have GS's traits if i keep her in such ways.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2006, 5:28 PM

Post #20 of 35 (4259 views)
Shortcut

Please... I do not want to start arguements here.... the purpose I meant were the breeds, people came up with the breeds to herd livestock or guard better. I see this done in overseas lah... People came up with certain hybrids to overcome allergy reactions to the blind... Did I say make money purpose? I already gave an example to my other post.Smile

But if people just go on mixbreeding.... then there will be more of an over supply of dogs.... already this has happened to the US. They have so many hybrids and so many dogs are put to sleep. Already in SPCA they have their share of mix, mongrels and pures.... If more people start to think "Oh, I want to mix husky with GS or I want to mix GR with Spaniel.... then when this happens... there will just be more dogs.

Educate people, I agree that we need to educate people here about breeding. Not many agree in spaying and nuetering, I somehow get anwsers that it is cause of Religion.... Crazy

ppdcdm

Apr 13, 2006, 8:44 PM

Post #21 of 35 (4250 views)
Shortcut

THe thing is u r "educating" wrongly, thats y here are ppls to correct u not to mislead the publics. WHY are u juz commenting abt mix breed will add on the population? isn't it more commercial purebreeds are bred currently?

Over supply of dogs not ONLY come from mix-breeding, it is BREEDING. eitehr pure or mix it adds on to the supply.

moreoever, now is oredi 21st century, do u still think that MAJORITY of the dog bred for the bred purpose initially? YAP the examples u give is true but u cant take a MINOR point to put in the LARGER picture!

Nobody wanted to start an argument here. We are here to correct some points which we think will mielead the public.

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2006, 9:13 PM

Post #22 of 35 (4241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me just state that I have nothing against mixed breed dogs. I think they can make wonderful pets. This is to address those who are considering buying one from a breeder. It seems as of lately buying a mixed breed dog, specifically a "designer" or "new" breed is a trend. Some folks believe it's irresponsible to purposely create mixed breed dogs. Some folks believe it's ok as long as the breeders are being responsible and/or are doing so with the intentions of creating a new breed that will be recognized by a reputable kennel club. Before considering a mixed breed breeder, please be sure to check out shelters and rescues. It is estimated that 75% of dogs sitting in shelters and rescues are mixed breed. Also check out purebreed rescue. Often times, they'll take in a mix of their chosen breed. If you choose to buy from a breeder PLEASE do research. Unfortunately, based on my experiences I have found that the majority of mixed breed breeders are breeding irresponsibly. If someone is breeding mixed breed dogs they should strive to be responsible in their actions. Responsible breeding practices isn't limited to purebreed breeders.

In the end make sure you do research.

If you feel you must get a mixed breed dog, please make sure the breeder is responsible. I feel that the puppy buyers have a lot of power when it comes to buying puppies and putting an end to irresponsible breeding and hopefully an end to the pet overpopulation. If puppy buyers only buy from responsible breeders then irresponsible breeders will either have to become more responsible in their actions if they want to sell puppies or they'll stop breeding altogether.

Do your research!

(This post was edited by chrisong on Apr 13, 2006, 9:18 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2006, 9:28 PM

Post #23 of 35 (4233 views)
Shortcut

Many people go into breeding for reasons that are not well-educated or realistic. With the alarming number of both pure bred and mixed breed dogs being euthanized every year because they had no homes it is absolutely crucial that a person go into breeding for serious, rational reasons and for none of the following:

1. My dog is so cute and wonderful, my neighbors love him and alot of people have said they would like to have a dogs just like him(her)

2. A dog makes a better pet after it has had a litter (False. Dogs actually become more territorial, and their chances of cancer and other deadly diseases increase by over 90% when they are bred)

3. I want my children to see the miracle of birth

4. My dog is purebred and has papers

5. I want another dog just like mine

6. I can make a little extra money

7. I want to create a new breed

8. My neighbor really wants my dog to breed with theirs

9. It would be fun

10. I like puppies and want alot of them

If you really aren't sure, and think you really want to breed your dog, do as a very wise breeder once told a young would-be breeders "Walk through an animal shelter, if you can look into the eyes of every dog that is cowering alone and afraid in those cages and be absolutely certain so help you God that no dog you ever bring into this world will ever be among them for any reason, EVER, for as long as you live, then you can be a dog breeder"

(This post was edited by chrisong on Apr 13, 2006, 9:31 PM)

MalCom
Novice

Apr 13, 2006, 11:38 PM

Post #24 of 35 (4214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

halor

so can you tell everybody how you make sure all the dogs you breed will not end up like one of them?

Proven:

AMOS & JEWEL Up For Adoption

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2006, 5:38 AM

Post #25 of 35 (4205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MalCom] Do You like (husky + german shepard) [In reply to] Can't Post

Call them up or visit them to check out the dog condition about few month once. If you think the owner are really taking good care the dog you no need to check on them so often because they will think you are very irritating & busy body cause the dog is their dog not yours & they can to what ever they want with the dog. But, you can tell them if you don't want the dog I can take it back.

This happen once in my experience. It just 3 week ago. I give this male Silky to this guy to adopt but this irresponsible owner sell off or give away the dog to somebody & lie to me by saying the dog missing!!!!Mad I investigated him and found out he is lying to me. I keep pressuring him to give back my dog. At the end, I take back the male Silky last week Saturday. Bring the dog for vet check up and found my Silky was neglected (very bad tangle hair, Long nail & alot of Ticks). But, now he is fine and happy staying with me now!!!~

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my