Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Any good & reasonable priced grooming place in Subang area? Recommend me!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 11, 2006, 4:13 AM

Post #26 of 30 (1838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sorekow] Any good & reasonable priced grooming place in Subang area? Recommend me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did we meet before??? Did I know your team???

You bring ur Silky participate at Bandar Utama before & also the recent MKA show at ???

Sorry for so many questionsBlush

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2006, 5:28 PM

Post #27 of 30 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sorekow] Any good & reasonable priced grooming place in Subang area? Recommend me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you don't like to talk about urself here in the forum. Is OK no hard feeling.Cool

You say you own 3 Silkies & you like to learn grooming at the grooming school right? Basically you don't need attend any class to groom a Silky Terrier urself.Smile Grooming tools, Clipper, scissor, thinning scissor, nail cutter, comb & brush.

It's really very easy and once you've done it a couple of times. The tail can be tidied by parting the tail on the upper side (like an extension of the part on the spine) and then using two of your fingers to pull the hair around the tail and to the back of the tail. (Your fingers should now be pinched together along the back of the tail with the excess hair sticking out from between your fingers). Cut off the excess hair and the tail is done.

Next, the feet. Holding the foot in your hand, use the other hand to brush back (towards the body) any hair that is growing above the "knee" joint. You are going to cut all the hair that grows below this joint and afterwards you want to be able to brush down the longer hair from above the joint so that your masterpiece of a groomed foot can peak out through the hair. Now, take your clippers and, holding them flat against the dog's leg, stroke the clippers in the direction that the hair grows (from the knee to the toes). Take long strokes from top to bottom and work your way all around the leg. When that is done, take your scissors and cut off any excess hair growing bewteen the pads as well as any longer hairs left growing around the foot that the clippers didn't remove. Then use the nail clippers to trim the ends off the toenails. Now, repeat on the other 3 feet.

The head. Using your clippers, and working in the direction the hair grows, clip off the hair on the back of the ears and the inside of the ears. Then, using your scissors, trim off all the hair that sticks out off to the side of the ears. This will give the ears a nice, sharp, clean appearance.

Now the muzzle. The hair in between the eyes should be trimmed to resemble an upside-down V, like this: o/\o. Have the scissors pointing up and the tips well above your dogs eyes in case it suddenly jerks. Then use your thinning scissors to shorten some of the hair that grows on top of the muzzle to give your dog that well-groomed look.

THE END.

(This post was edited by chrisong on Jul 12, 2006, 5:35 PM)

wenwen
Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2006, 10:05 PM

Post #28 of 30 (1808 views)
Shortcut

the one i meant is nt house of groomer...it's another shop...u gt the wrong 1

sorekow
Novice

Jul 15, 2006, 9:14 PM

Post #29 of 30 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Any good & reasonable priced grooming place in Subang area? Recommend me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

I do not prefer to put myself up like some do in the forum. First, I don't think everyone is interested to know us personally and second, I like to stick to my dog's story. You are very knowledgable and I am very impressed by your grooming guide. You really do lots of research into your dog's well being. Respect to you. I will resort to my groomers at House Of Groomers (which 1 instructor told me that you are a very keen dog person and he gave some good comment about you) and is thinking of signing up the course provided by them. Thanks for your info.

sorekow
Novice

Jul 15, 2006, 9:25 PM

Post #30 of 30 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wenwen] Any good & reasonable priced grooming place in Subang area? Recommend me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Wen Wen,

I have the impression you are promoting some grooming place and I am not impress by some of your comments. I hope we can stick to facts and our dogs experience with any particular grooming salon. Openly critisizing others or promoting another will only results in ones' judging your sincerity. Though I am a firm believer of freedom of speech, sometimes, it is best keep the differed opinions to yourself rather letting others lose confidence in yor write up because of your loop sided suggestions or your personal grudges! This is in reply to your thread forwarded to me!

For now, I am very impressed with what House Of Groomers has to offer and I have sent my dogs for them to groom almost a year now (I have sent to other grooming salons) and I am pretty satisfied with the groomers experience, recognition and attitude, therefore, I will stick to my own judgment! Thanks for your info though. Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my