Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Tear Stain Problem

mousechee

Mar 27, 2006, 7:42 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2146 views)
Shortcut
Tear Stain Problem Can't Post

Hello all,

I have a 7mos shih tzu with bad tear stain on his face. I have been cleaning his face 2x daily with Diamond Eyes, a tear stain remover product but there is only slight improvement.

Does anybody have any home remedy or a good tear stain remover that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

chaiwoon

Mar 27, 2006, 8:23 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mousechee] Tear Stain Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi... how did u clean him??... did u wet the tissue with the remover liquid, then clean the area, and then clean it again with dry tissue till the area dry?... try this instead of changing the product...
www.dogster.com/?378834

mousechee

Mar 27, 2006, 11:20 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] Tear Stain Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the reply, chaiwoon,

I am using facial cotton saturated with remover liquid to clean him, followed by wiping with a dry tissue.

those stains seem to be darn stubborn. How I wish I could just dye those areas white/black. kekekeke!

(This post was edited by mousechee on Mar 27, 2006, 11:35 PM)

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2006, 11:35 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2123 views)
Shortcut

try doing eye massages..it seems to reduce the tearing. plus keep d hair around d eye area short.

and dont be surprised by some funny noises when u give furkid d eye massage!

mousechee

Mar 27, 2006, 11:40 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Tear Stain Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

hi a_evie,

thanks for the reply.

how do I do the eye massage? circular or outward motions? how long to massage? how many times daily? Funny noises because they like or hate the massage?

Ok,ok. I will stop at 4 questions. Thanks.

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2006, 11:43 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2119 views)
Shortcut

mine makes satisfying sounds just like d sound she makes when we massage her belly.

twice a day if u can. inner eye ~ clockwise 10 times, anti clockwise 10 times. iouter eye ~ clockwise 10 times, anti clockwise 10 times.

be gentle!

basically that helps to clear d eye ducts...but the tear stains..i find that it gives furkid soe character. so unless u're showing...a little bit of tear stain is cute leh..

mousechee

Mar 28, 2006, 12:17 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2114 views)
Shortcut

well, I tried it earlier.

no sound at all. diam saja...

a bit confused here. I want to clarify it with you. that means only on these two corners and not the whole eye area?

it looks ugly to me. Terry is a black and white shih tzu. Black head and butt with a patch of black on the side of his body. His tear stained white face is such a contrast against his mostly white body. tear stains are worse after 8 days boarding.

thank you a_evie.

a_evie
Doggyman

Mar 28, 2006, 1:32 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2097 views)
Shortcut

haha...belum pandai enjoy massage lagi bro. buat lebih kerap....slowly they will enjoy d sessions.

only d inside corner n d outside corner...

haha..i get what u mean by mostly white..but take ur time, d tear stain will come out slowly with d daily cleaning n massage to clear d ducts.

chaiwoon

Mar 30, 2006, 5:18 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2084 views)
Shortcut

so how's the massage now??.. did ur furkid enjoy??.. i also tried.. like ur furkid, my boy also din make any sound.. just lay down and close his eye while massaging... i think he's enjoying lorr... coz we always massage his body...

oo.. i think the stain won't go off lorr... coz already there for sometimes... maybe u should cut off the dirty portion n let the new hair to grow lorr...
www.dogster.com/?378834

mousechee

Apr 4, 2006, 8:19 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2055 views)
Shortcut

Not that he belum pandai enjoy massage. I think I am the one belum pandai massage. As long as he doesn't struggles and lets me practice my massage skills on him, I am already happy.

He just stays still with his eyes closed when I massage his eyes. I can surely see the difference. Previously, shortly after cleaning up his face, I will see his face wet with tears. His face looks much better now, only slightly wet.

Thank you so much. I had never thought that this simple massage can make such a difference in helping to clear his tear ducts.

mousechee

Apr 4, 2006, 8:30 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] Tear Stain Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

there is certainly an improvement. His face is a lot more drier now.

looks like he likes the massage. He will lie down and let me massage his eyes. No sound. No movement. Do you see any difference in your boy?

quite reluctant to trim his hair. His facial hair is already long enough to be combed neatly and the top tied in a topknot. It is not poking his eyes. I guess I will wait till his moustache and beard are long enough and I'll just trim the ends.

a_evie
Doggyman

Apr 4, 2006, 9:37 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2046 views)
Shortcut

shalom is a girl....and yeah her face is drier...not exactly d driest but much drier than before lor.

we always keeps shalom's hair semi short n tie 2 coconut trees rather than 1 top knot...find ehr cuter with 2..more like a little gal. coz shalom is such a tom boy n such a hyper kid especially when she sees other furkids...

how's urs?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my