Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
luxury pet boutique

frisky
New User

Mar 27, 2006, 6:52 PM

Post #1 of 22 (1602 views)
Shortcut
luxury pet boutique Can't Post

What do u think of a luxury pet boutique. An upmarket one.? Any comments ?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2006, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 22 (1587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frisky] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

what do u really mean by this question??
u meant do we really need to shop at a pet boutique to buy stuff for our furkid??

if yes, then my answer if definately no....
like for example a dog bedding, i have to spend about 150+ to get a size that suites her, but actually i could have just paid 40 to get a human bed that also suites her....

as with collar n bowl....i don't think my dog can differentiate between high quality or low quality....all she is concern is what is in that bowl...

about clothing n other apparel.....i'm not too concern about that....coz i really do prefer homemade.....too avoid 'embarassing circumstances' hahaha....i mean when someone got the same design....Laugh

but nonetheless....i do spend a lot when i'm in a pet boutique....especially i had just gotta my allowance.....but after i reach home....sometimes i'll regret.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2006, 11:51 PM

Post #3 of 22 (1580 views)
Shortcut

Agree with what Amanda85 sayWink

Malaysia not suitable with this luxury pet boutique. The main reason EXPENSIVE!!!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Mar 28, 2006, 3:33 AM

Post #4 of 22 (1569 views)
Shortcut

Haiyoh, I buy RM45 t-shirt for my wow wow, or I buy RM320 frilly dress from snob-snob shop for my wow wow, both also she sama-sama chew until look the same.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2006, 1:35 AM

Post #5 of 22 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

ya....my relative who stay at Australia also comment that their pet stuff over there is expensive, eventhough most of it is locally made.....

not to say here in malaysia.....most of the product need to be imported from US.....n malaysia tax are like blood sucking....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 30, 2006, 5:18 AM

Post #6 of 22 (1526 views)
Shortcut

Let me put it back to you this way.

1) How many people will buy a RM 60 - 100 top for their furkid ?

2) Out from the above, how many tops/dress will they buy in a week/month/year for their furkid ?

3) Buying a bed for a furkid cost RM 70 - 150. I can go ikea and buy a nice comforter and fold and stitch em into a bed for my kid and that cost me between 40 - 70. So, how many will buy the bed ? How many can u sell at the luxurious price that people will buy on a weekly basis at least ?

4) People who loves to buy clothes for their furkid will definitely (this i'm super sure ok) go BANGKOK to buy in abundance for their furkid as well due to the low prices there and when u buy in bulk, more discount. Bangkok ones quality is good especially the tee shirt and its cheap.

Other notes for you :

Up market boutique means u also need an upmarket place to sell em. How long can u survive based on your answer ?

answer the question above and you'll get your answer :)

cheers,
minglmy

frisky
New User

Mar 31, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #7 of 22 (1500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks guys for your comments....appreciate it.!

leo-chan
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2006, 12:05 AM

Post #8 of 22 (1486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I kind of think differently (excuse my sales n marketing thinking ok). I think upper-mid market products < RM 1,000.00 will not do well at all here. Besides, I don't categorise a RM 70.00 bed for a dog as luxury.

A RM 3,000.00 teak wood bed with 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and goose down pillow / duvet befits the category better.

HOWEVER, if LV, Gucci or Prada were to carry their pet collections here, that's a different ballgame altogether. They will sell like hotcakes, that's for sure!

cheerios!
leo-chan
sweet surrender...

silvrash
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2006, 3:53 AM

Post #9 of 22 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

honestly, really got ppl willing to buy gucci, LV "dog accessories" but thats oversea, im not sure bout in malaysia :s

but for me no lor... if take the dog out, ppl know, also afraid ppl wanna steal x.x
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 1, 2006, 9:54 AM

Post #10 of 22 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

This might be a good link for u to read on :)
www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=92105;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

cheers,
minglmy

wan
K9 Maniac

Jun 14, 2006, 6:17 PM

Post #11 of 22 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Good Boarding and reasonable price [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, does anyone of you know of any boarding service that will allow your dog to go out for a walk at least. I've got help from chrisong its a place call mamadog I think it sounds and look really good from their website. Just that the price we cannot afford it. Its too high. Just though if anyone of you know a reasonable price for boarding and also able to let your dog at least come out for a while instead of locking him in there whole day.

Please help.

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

sofiafoo
Dog Kichi

Sep 23, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #12 of 22 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Good Boarding and reasonable price [In reply to] Can't Post

hi wan,

did you find your boarding?

i am finding boarding for vodka as well...

thanks!

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 27, 2006, 8:21 AM

Post #13 of 22 (1126 views)
Shortcut

hey..

well if u wanna do a luxury pet boutique is not something impossible like wht some had said..
it can be done bt do u have tht kind of customers contact first?..it is very important...malaysia does have tht market bt not big.. and location wise must be very good..after 4 yrs in grooming i can tell u there are owners who will spend a lot on their dogs..no doubt u can get a lot of those accessories cheaper at other places bt many of them wouldnt not go thru the hassle..i mean same goes for human stuff..china's clothes r so cheap and if u get it fr there it will b cheaper bt u cant be flying there all the time to get..convenience is wht a lot of ppl r looking for.
i have customers who have LV collars for their dogs,burberry bowls,prada bag for their furkids..
but the most important thing is u must knw how to market ur products.. for me i can tell u i dun mind paying 100 plus for a set of collars n leash for my girls..n whtever they used and eat is better than mine..so there u go on my opinion..
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 17, 2006, 3:21 AM

Post #14 of 22 (1027 views)
Shortcut

i might be the only one who spend crazy for my Goofy...the most expensive piece of clothe i bought him is a nice suit (something like tuxedo) cost me rm 70 plus after discount ler!! actually i bought it accidentally,...i saw it nice n take without reading the price...when paying in counter only i know!!TongueGoofy scared cold so much and i'm staying in Cameron Highlands...so every night he has to wear his shirt to sleep...if not he'll shiver so muchUnsure....and this makes me can't stop getting more clothes to him...n the only one thing i still can't get it for him is a jacket...i can't hardly go to kl for bigger petshops so it makes me so hard to get...if i get to find one for his size, i'll really willing to pay more...now coming year end, and the whether here getting cooler and still i couldn't find one......

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 17, 2006, 6:39 AM

Post #15 of 22 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

knit her a jumper lah

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 17, 2006, 6:11 PM

Post #16 of 22 (1017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

that's y i'm learning so hard knitting now...Tonguenormally human cloths i still can..but dog's coat, i'm still getting my head burst with the measurement..Crazy

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #17 of 22 (1006 views)
Shortcut

You not the only one spend crazy on your dog.

Occasionally, I spend about RM200+ for my dogs. Some dress & Shirt just wear once and keep in my house collect dust

Recently, I brought few dress order from Singapore cost me about RM280.Crazy POKAI LAH My Wife know about this and

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 17, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #18 of 22 (1002 views)
Shortcut

how u order from singapore wor? Tongue any nice jackets?

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2006, 8:54 PM

Post #19 of 22 (1001 views)
Shortcut

I order from a Silky owner from Singapore. I haven't collected my dress yet. Will be collecting the dress this Sunday. I will post up some photo here as soon as possible.

Singapore selling dress & shirt are much cheaper compare here. More choices. Even we convert buy using Singapore Dollar is also cheap!!!

Not sure she got any Jacket. But I can check for you.

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 17, 2006, 9:38 PM

Post #20 of 22 (999 views)
Shortcut

thanx

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 7, 2006, 4:18 AM

Post #21 of 22 (959 views)
Shortcut

Hope i am not too late to add a comment here.

If your dog meant more than just a pet to you, then most probably yes, there is a need for a luxury pet boutique. I personally would go for good quality dog food, all natural dog treats and grooming products (shampoo/conditioner).

Are there any luxury pet boutique around??

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 7, 2006, 5:57 AM

Post #22 of 22 (953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_tan2004] luxury pet boutique [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm....no such place come across my mindUnsure

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my