Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Service Dogs:
Detection Dog

Hundeman
New User

Mar 21, 2006, 9:03 AM

Post #1 of 20 (188526 views)
Shortcut
Detection Dog Can't Post

Anyone interested in training bomd detection or drug detection dog?

Calvin_gpet
Novice

May 4, 2006, 10:51 PM

Post #2 of 20 (188388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hundeman] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Anyone interested in training bomd detection or drug detection dog?

Hi Hundeman,

you do train detection dog or you wanted to find a trainer who train the dog?

boon
Doggyman

May 4, 2006, 11:49 PM

Post #3 of 20 (188386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Calvin_gpet] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

are u sure we can get tnt or the like here ? does civilian can apply for a license for this ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Calvin_gpet
Novice

May 5, 2006, 12:24 AM

Post #4 of 20 (188383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi boon,

Did you read monday STAR paper?1 of the trainer will start a SAR club soon...open for public to join.U need to join the club,the training is free!!!once the dog be trained, it have a exam for the dog, if the dog pass all the exam ...it become SAR dog....

boon
Doggyman

May 5, 2006, 12:31 AM

Post #5 of 20 (188380 views)
Shortcut

My boy is more suited for ASR or PSA type of sport....SAR don't think he is happy Pirate my lab could be the potential SAR Laugh Will see....

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Calvin_gpet
Novice

May 5, 2006, 12:56 AM

Post #6 of 20 (188377 views)
Shortcut

When the club start i will post it

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

May 5, 2006, 2:58 AM

Post #7 of 20 (188372 views)
Shortcut

Pls do keep us updated. SAR sounds interesting
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Calvin_gpet
Novice

May 5, 2006, 3:35 AM

Post #8 of 20 (188368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Pls do keep us updated. SAR sounds interesting

HI RD,sure will do!!!Wink which dog you wanna trained for SAR?

Kilo KG

Jun 14, 2006, 5:48 PM

Post #9 of 20 (188227 views)
Shortcut

hi boon...

what does SAR, ASR and PSa stand for? thank you.

Frown Punish The Deed Not The Breed Frown

boon
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2006, 6:32 PM

Post #10 of 20 (188224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kilo KG] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

ASR : American Street ring

PSA : Protection Sport Association

SAR : Search and Rescue

Google them for more info and the diff among them.

Kilo KG

Jun 14, 2006, 8:15 PM

Post #11 of 20 (188219 views)
Shortcut

Wow that was a fast reply. thanks i will google the various categories (why didn't i think of it earlier...duh).

May i also be so bold as to pick your brain for more info. Specifically feeding. Loads of material on the net re natural diet and raw diet (...etc...). I feed Eukanuba puppy at the moment. Should i suddenly stop and change to chunks of beef (which is expensive), and chicken neck (available FOC from chicken rice sellers and after boiling to remove salt and msg), omgea 3, 6 and 9 plus vitamin capsules, and even yoghurt (i thought dairy was a no-no)

Re service dogs and sports, what about hunting. I'm sure you already know about boar, elk, deer ...etc hunting dogs in Aus, NZ, Canada, USA, Turkey. Does Malaysia have such a thing on a large scale and with planning re the dog breed types? I know a lot of boar hunting enthusiasts in Malaysia and they use guns too. Some countries just use a hunting knife. They even use dogs in Turkey.

If only we can create our own Malaysian hunting dog then we can run hunting holidays for tourists too. I know a friend who hunts wild boar with his rottie/pit/boxer mix (plus 1 or 2 other breeds) dogs that are absolutely ferocious. I don't think they make good dogs coz hunting K9s should be people friendly (read pit bull...amongst others Wink)

Looking forward to your view/s. Thank you.

boon
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2006, 10:29 PM

Post #12 of 20 (188213 views)
Shortcut

May i also be so bold as to pick your brain for more info. Specifically feeding. Loads of material on the net re natural diet and raw diet (...etc...). I feed Eukanuba puppy at the moment. Should i suddenly stop and change to chunks of beef (which is expensive), and chicken neck (available FOC from chicken rice sellers and after boiling to remove salt and msg), omgea 3, 6 and 9 plus vitamin capsules, and even yoghurt (i thought dairy was a no-no)

I think you can read the thead that we had discuss few years back in this forum regarding raw/barf for a start. But chicken necks from the chicken rice store is definately not a good source as part of your feeding list. Feed bones without cooking or feed cook food without bones.

Re service dogs and sports, what about hunting. I'm sure you already know about boar, elk, deer ...etc hunting dogs in Aus, NZ, Canada, USA, Turkey. Does Malaysia have such a thing on a large scale and with planning re the dog breed types? I know a lot of boar hunting enthusiasts in Malaysia and they use guns too. Some countries just use a hunting knife. They even use dogs in Turkey.

Whay i heard and notice those people that hunt wild boar they use their 'plantation' dogs, in a way local mixed to detect chase and corner the wild boars. Labs are good for birds hunting and it is very famous in western countries. They even have the competiton and trial for hunting dogs.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2006, 1:19 AM

Post #13 of 20 (188210 views)
Shortcut

From what my friends tell me,they use the local mix breeds. The other breeds are not suited for our m'sian forests.

A few tried mixing purebreds but a majority of them ended up too brave or too high drived and got themselves killed coz they didn't noe their limit.

Perhaps the "m'sian hunting breed" that u wish to create already exists Wink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Kilo KG

Jun 15, 2006, 7:12 PM

Post #14 of 20 (188191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Local mixed breeds? as in dogs already living in the jungle and have no way of being identified? sorta like a jungle mongrel. yeah yeah i read somewhere, someone has crossed beagles with pits but that the dogs were still too fierce and alway s got injured or killed for going straight into the catch. like my friend's dogs that are(were) rott/pitt/boxer ++ mixed. crazy hunting hounds if you ask me.

actually i don't have an active quest to create a Malaysian hunting/working dog. just thought the idea should be mooted. a proper breed, perhaps line bred some, to create a proper pedigree. maybe utility. just bouncing thoughts off pros like yourself and the rest in puppy.com.

if the "breed" already exists then that would be coolest. i have another friend who has gone into the jungle with the local tribes people. he says they hunt with dogs, knives and spears only. the dogs are average looking, some small even. but fast and reliable.

so, i say, Malaysia Boleh yeah.

babymun

Jul 9, 2006, 8:08 AM

Post #15 of 20 (188049 views)
Shortcut

hi calvin, do you think you can provide me the website or email for the SAR?

tx!

enyoka
New User

Jul 19, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #16 of 20 (187955 views)
Shortcut

Yup ! Please keep me posted too, at least I can put my dog's digging habit to good use.

thanks,

gau.

jasen
Novice

Jul 24, 2006, 6:33 AM

Post #17 of 20 (187926 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon, Have seen your posts around. Regarding Bosco, do you mind me asking questions his Czech personality?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 6, 2006, 2:53 AM

Post #18 of 20 (187742 views)
Shortcut

Some Americans got hold of the Semai hunting dog sometime in the previous century and brought a couple of pairs back to the US and bred them and they've establish a new breed standard there - they call it the Telomian after the river basin from where they got the dog. We should try and get some breeding stock and establish our own breed standard here. They're supposed to be very intelligent, the Semai dogs/

Pommymom
Novice

Apr 18, 2008, 12:11 AM

Post #19 of 20 (186111 views)
Shortcut

Dear Calvin_gpet,

Were you talking about the trainer from GPet who is opening SAR program to public? I am interested to get my dog in this activities like dogsport and SAR but dont know she will qualify or not,,,,also dont know where to get trainer...coz mostly all train for OB only.

Stella

bakamono
Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2008, 9:30 PM

Post #20 of 20 (186053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pommymom] Detection Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I am interested too to get my gal in SAR training. Any news any one?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my