Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Planning to buy Siberian Husky

ikevin
Novice

Mar 21, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #1 of 4 (817 views)
Shortcut
Planning to buy Siberian Husky Can't Post

Anyone can give me suggestion here. I own 2 dogs. 1 is poddle and 1 is Shih Tzu. Now I am planning to buy Siberian Husky.

I have study all the attitude and behavior of the dog. But 1 thing I most concern is "they should be kept in Air-Conditioning Room". Is it true??

If yes, then this will be big NO to me. Help me here. Need your good comments and knowledge here especially Siberian Husky owner.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2006, 10:35 PM

Post #2 of 4 (802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ikevin] Planning to buy Siberian Husky [In reply to] Can't Post

actually is not a MUST....just preferable condition for such a thick coated dog....

but usually husky that had the air-cond environment will had a much good looking coat...n they pant less....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

sbt
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2006, 6:02 PM

Post #3 of 4 (740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ikevin] Planning to buy Siberian Husky [In reply to] Can't Post

Husky need a lot of shade if you don’t keep them in air cond room.

They dislike hot sun. I guess they will shed a lot of hair in hot weather and may not look as good.

Go and see the film. “Eight Below” and you will quickly realize why some people place them in air cond room. Big responsibility to care for them, but I guess you fell in love with huskies.

Good luck!
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

apache
Novice

Apr 8, 2006, 8:24 AM

Post #4 of 4 (704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] Planning to buy Siberian Husky [In reply to] Can't Post

Winkhi, SIBES NEED ALOT OF SHADE YES , THEY WILL HAVE A THIN COAT IF KEPT IN A HOT CLIMATE I SUSPECT, I HAVE 3 & WHEN THE TEMP GETS HIGH HERE IN THE UK I CLOSE THE CURTAINS & PUT A FAN ON 4 THE DOGS & THIS DOES KEEP THEM A BIT COOLER ,THEY JUST LAY AROUND IN HOT WEATHER ,1 OF MY SIBES WILL ACTUALLY GO OUT & LAY IN THE SUN BUT WE HAVE TO WATCH SHE DOSENT GET TOO HOT!!!!!!BUT THEY DONT NEED AIRCONDITIONING THOUGH ,THEY WILL AS I PUT B4 WILL SHED THEIR COATS TO THE TEMP THEY ARE KEPT IN.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my