bad impression in PAWS

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

egretaus
Novice

Mar 20, 2006, 9:04 AM

Post #1 of 69 (16179 views)
Shortcut
bad impression in PAWS Can't Post

i hav been to PAWS today. the dogs at there so cute!! but unfortunely, the volunteers @ workers at there is making me sick! they gav me a bad impression bout them. they just seems like not welcoming us.[:/] they shows the moodiest face to us, not receiving our questions, they dont even wanted to answer our questions. & the thing that really make me sick is they doesnt take good care of the sanitation at there. i just saw the worker throw his cigarette on the floor pretenting like nothing happen! what could possible will happening to the pets at there if the cigarette burns down that place? [nono] i just couldnt imagine it. i hope they will improve their services in the future. for the goods of the pets at there.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Mar 20, 2006, 7:00 PM

Post #2 of 69 (16159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egretaus] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

well well well... this is not a good sign huh...but i've been there a few time and things seems to be ok..everybody is happy and enjoyin...SPCA got the vice versa...management ppl are sucks...totally out for most of them.. Especially the ind.... lady!!! i fired her on the spot !!! RUDE, UNPOLITE, BAD TEMPER... BAD BAD BAD...

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Mar 21, 2006, 10:34 PM

Post #3 of 69 (16128 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear you weren't happy with your visit. Perhaps you met someone who is actually there to care for the animals and not expected to deal with visitors. If you knew PAWS before you might appreciate how much has improved these past 10 months and how much happier and healthier the animals are, although of course there is still much work to be done.

Anyway, if you should visit again please go to the office first and see if anyone is free to show you around. But please keep in mind that PAWS gets many, many visitors and often several hundred on weekend days so it's not possible to give everyone the individual or prompt attention we might like. With such a huge crowd priority goes to those wishing to choose an animal.

At PAWS we know we have much more to improve but with few paid staff we rely mostly on Volunteer help. The more volunteers who step forward, the more we can achieve. We are always open to constructive criticism but if the suggestion comes from someone who is also willing to give hands-on help, all the better. If you are interested to sign up and volunteer yourself, please give a call and arrange to meet our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah (who is herself a volunteer).

Tel PAWS Office 78461087 9am-4pm. Thanks!

khyeying
Novice

May 23, 2006, 3:50 AM

Post #4 of 69 (15777 views)
Shortcut

HMMMMM.... At first I was reali interested to make a visit to PAWS.. but now,..... not anymore.FrownFrownFrown

Yoyo ~ my missin' Shih Tzu :((
Popeye ~ my lovely lil' Mini Schnauzer *muaks*!!!

phekling19

Jul 24, 2006, 11:53 PM

Post #5 of 69 (15420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khyeying] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Well....no offence! If you just hear-say something about PAWS then you PAWS...I guess it's unfair...Dont you think so? Unless you personally experience that, then that's difference sotry lah...

I've been there a few times and volunteered there...so far everything alrite.
A Hopeless Dog Lover and love dogs as if no tomorrow ... Frown
NO CRUELTY TO ANIMALS Frown
www.dogster.com/?188399.

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2006, 3:32 PM

Post #6 of 69 (15409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khyeying] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there..

pls don't be discouraged to lend PAWS a hand when u have the time. The animals there need our help. We should set aside our differences and go there for the animals Unimpressed The humans can treat us however they want, but its the joy of seeing the happy animals that gets me going. i love it everytime i set foot in PAWSSmile like liz said, they have renovated the place and it looks very good now

cheers

In Reply To
HMMMMM.... At first I was reali interested to make a visit to PAWS.. but now,..... not anymore.

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06

phekling19

Jul 26, 2006, 4:12 AM

Post #7 of 69 (15392 views)
Shortcut

Maybe you encountered bad expereince but I can tell you, so far only PAWS doesn't euthanize dogs. They keep as long as they can...unlike others they put the dog to sleep after certain period of time. Or, the less cute one or they think no potential for adoption, they will gun-shot to death. See, like that call "caring for animal"...I dont think so. I have been to a few animal welfare, only PAWS doesn't euthanize dogs. AND, only PAWS take in stray puppies or dogs. If you bring to SPCA-Penang, they will not bothered you. Well....we go to these welfare to do good deed...not to get mad with the people. Just, ignore them.,..we go there to help the animals, not the people!
A Hopeless Dog Lover and love dogs as if no tomorrow ... Frown
NO CRUELTY TO ANIMALS Frown
www.dogster.com/?188399.

mizeakira

Jul 28, 2006, 6:13 AM

Post #8 of 69 (15365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phekling19] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been to PAWS to voluntarily help out. People there are quite ok. There is this lady called Stella I think, She is a nice lady as she gave us (me and my brother) a tour inside PAWS. She explain many things to us. So I find that place ok. The workers are fine too.

Been to SPCA, the staff there are worst than PAWS I think but that is my own experience.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Aug 2, 2006, 9:27 PM

Post #9 of 69 (15328 views)
Shortcut

I too had a bad experience with the staff at the office last year. As a result I no longer entered the office. When I visit PAWS, I'll just go straight to the dogs, bypassing the office. You'll die of second-hand smoking if you enter the office often. The people at the office are most important because they are the first persons the public come in contact with at PAWS. Something for the management to think about. Thank you.

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Aug 3, 2006, 6:59 AM

Post #10 of 69 (15304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hoyf] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

We appreciate the feedback but please don't allow past bad impressions to give you a negative view that lasts forever. Last year is a very long time ago in the ever-changing face of PAWS.

The PAWS office has been a No Smoking zone all this year. Much has changed throughout the shelter. Much has improved. Among these = we now have two vets on staff and can proudly say that EVERY ANIMAL ADOPTED FROM PAWS IS DEWORMED, VACCINATED AND NEUTERED.

Of course there is also still much to do, for which we will always rely heavily on volunteer input.
All help is appreciated. Feedback is good but offers to help us improve are even better!

Thanks,
Liz

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Aug 3, 2006, 2:50 PM

Post #11 of 69 (15298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Liz,

Of course I still go to PAWS and advertise PAWS to prospective adopters. I only have the dogs at heart. I will not let the human aspect kill my spirit to help out at PAWS. Thank you Liz for your concerns about PAWS.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006, 11:37 PM

Post #12 of 69 (15213 views)
Shortcut

hi liz....i'm interested to become a lifetime member of Paws......what r the benefits besides a free car sticker? will i get a membership card? plz explain....i've download the form from the website.

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2006, 1:09 AM

Post #13 of 69 (15209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

PAWS MEMBERSHIP

Hi and thanks for your interest in supporting PAWS!
You ask about benefits of being a life member. There are three ways to be a PAWS member - junior (annual) or adult (annual or life)
Membership benefits to you may increase in future but at present the main ones are -
You receive our newsletters to keep you updated with PAWS and related animal news (after years of no newsletters we are now producing several each year). Being an adult member also means you will be invited to our AGM (Annual General Meeting) which is when each new Committee is chosen and PAWS Society concerns are discussed. This gives you a voice within PAWS!
But most of all - being a member is to BENEFIT THE ANIMALS!!! It means we have people who care what happens to PAWS, who care what happens to our shelter and the animals in it, and are part of our network of regular supporters. A life membership means you can, over the years, have a chance to better understand local animal welfare issues and be part of the solution! And knowing you are trying to make things better is the best 'benefit' of all!
I hope you will join us...FrownFrownFrown

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2006, 1:25 AM

Post #14 of 69 (15204 views)
Shortcut

ooh...will i get a membership card or anything else to identify myself as a member?

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #15 of 69 (15179 views)
Shortcut

I have heard too many complaints about the SPCA reception staff especially about this Indian with short & curly hair, plump lady. I have to admit that I shared the same experience last year.

Thus, if this still occurs and you still wish to make complaints, whether it's about the SPCA, PAWS or any other Organizations that need some reformation in their practices and conducts, please contact the Registrar of Societies Malaysia, Enforcement And Prosecution Unit that can take the appropriate action. This Unit is responsible for carrying out investigations in relation to malpractices and offences committed by the societies or its office bearers and institute proceedings to charge such cases in court. The Unit also carries out surprise checks on societies and investigate complaints that are made through official channels.

Here are the contact details:

Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Negeri Selangor
Tingkat 16, Wisma MBSA,
Persiaran Perbandaran,
40675 Shah Alam,
Selangor.

info@jppmros.gov.my

Tel: 03-55106427

Fax: 03-55109281

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 3:29 AM

Post #16 of 69 (15173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veganology] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't wish to make anyone look bad. It's never my intention and I would always avoid such situation whenever possible, but any course of action that would hurt the wellbeing of any animals in the course of overall performance under a care of a certain individual or group must be looked into seriously.

Refer Post # 4

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=27&highlight=rude

Refer Post # 3

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=27&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rude&start=45

Refer Post # 1

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=350&highlight=rude

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 3:31 AM

Post #17 of 69 (15172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veganology] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=269899;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Aug 22, 2006, 6:52 PM

Post #18 of 69 (15147 views)
Shortcut

At the moment there's no membership card but it is a possibility being discussed.
However you would of course be recorded on our membership database and mailing list.

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2006, 4:48 AM

Post #19 of 69 (15081 views)
Shortcut

I wish to buy paws car sticker ....is it available? how much is it?

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2006, 8:13 AM

Post #20 of 69 (15073 views)
Shortcut

We are in the process of reordering car stickers due to popular demand. Selling price is just RM2 towards a great cause and also to decorate your car with our cute pawprint
Thanks for your interest.
They should be available at the shelter soon and then at any events we attend.FrownFrown

kid

Sep 4, 2006, 9:06 AM

Post #21 of 69 (14993 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
We are in the process of reordering car stickers due to popular demand. Selling price is just RM2 towards a great cause and also to decorate your car with our cute pawprint
Thanks for your interest.
They should be available at the shelter soon and then at any events we attend.

i'm interested too in getting the PAWS car sticker. How can i get it? i'm from Penang... Pls advice

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Sep 4, 2006, 6:35 PM

Post #22 of 69 (14986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kid] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi kid

thanks for the support.
Just send a donation to PAWS sufficient to cover at least the cost of the car sticker plus postage to you then we can send you one.
Maybe to make it worthwhile writing the cheque you could order more for your friends too? Each sticker costs RM2. And of course any extra amount donated is always most welcome to help us care for the dogs and cats at our shelter.

Crossed Cheque payable to 'PAWS Animal Welfare Society'

and post with a letter explaining your request to

PAWS Animal Home
Pilmoor Estate
Subang Airport Road
47200 Subang
Selangor

Many thanks!
Frown

sanjoe99
Novice

Sep 28, 2006, 8:30 AM

Post #23 of 69 (14844 views)
Shortcut

hello guys,

i totally agreed with liz's comment.

as regular volunteer here at paws we're last of hands when assiting visitors.during weekens there are huge number of visitors & due to lack of volunteer's we unable to attend all of them.feel free to ask any of us or simply walk into our office if u need any asistance our you can call our office directly & fix an appointment.its easy for anyone of us to comment but when u'r actually there its a different story.i do admit we have alot of things to improve & we're working on that.if you compare paws 10months ago and the paws now-i can see we have improved 100% & we will still continue to improve.

san

sanjoe99
Novice

Post #24 of 69 (14844 views)
Shortcut

hello guys,

as regular volunteer here at paws we're last of hands when assiting visitors.during weekens there are huge number of visitors & due to lack of volunteer's we unable to attend all of them.feel free to ask any of us or simply walk into our office if u need any asistance our you can call our office directly & fix an appointment.its easy for anyone of us to comment but when u'r actually there its a different story.i do admit we have alot of things to improve & we're working on that.if you compare paws 10months ago and the paws now-i can see we have improved 100% & we will still continue to improve.

san

sanjoe99
Novice

Post #25 of 69 (14845 views)
Shortcut

hello guys,

san

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my