Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts

teejin61
Novice

Mar 19, 2006, 8:44 AM

Post #1 of 10 (15920 views)
Shortcut
Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts Can't Post

Hi to all the dog lovers out there !

I'm new to this forum and like all of u love dogs. I am searching for pet friendly resorts of chalets that accept dogs in West Malaysia. We travel as a "whole family" whenever we go away for holidays and have tried several holdiay resorts to let us bring our dogs, but it seems in Malaysia it is rather difficult compared to overseas hotels where they gladly take you with your pets and u pay a surcharge for the pets that u bring, which we don't mind as long as we get to go holidaying with them.

We had by chance, the pleasure of holidaying in C Highlands recently and stayed in a holiday apt . where the owner was also an animal lover. We had assured her that our dogs are trained and don't bark unnecessarily. The apts. was a bit costly but we didn't mind paying as there is hardly any hotels or chalets that allow us to bring our dogs along.

If any of u guys know of any pet friendly hotels , please do let us know or as some members suggested to get a group of us and book the whole holiday bungalows, either in Fraser Hill or Cameron H or maybe a secluded beach resort (like Cherating eh !)

That would really be a treat for the dogs and the owners. Give some thought as I believe there is a large number of us waiting for an opportunity like this.

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Mar 30, 2006, 2:48 AM

Post #2 of 10 (15848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teejin61] Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out my posting on Pulau Sibu, Johor. You can also read more at siburesort.com/Rates/Coming%20from%20Malaysia.htm.

teejin61
Novice

Mar 30, 2006, 7:29 AM

Post #3 of 10 (15843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkHi Chaelian,

Thanks for the info on Sea Gypsy Village, but after going thru' to their website & the idea of leaving my dog outside the chalet onthe veranda isn't my cup of tea. My dogs are so attached to us that they sleep on the same bed with us. Morever if we leave them out, I'm afraid they'll whimper and whine.

So its not easy to find a holiday place where it can accomodate my "whole family" eh !

Thanks anyway, hopefully mindset will change over time and more places will welcome pets (it's an area worth looking into as I feel there is a untapped market as more ppl are having pets. Look at the number of pet shops mushrooming !)

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Mar 30, 2006, 1:52 PM

Post #4 of 10 (15839 views)
Shortcut

I think that having the dog on the same bed will be difficult to accommodate even in the US! I only know of a handful of hotels/motels which will allow that. The majority insist that the dog sleeps on the floor.

The problem is that not many dog-owners behave responsibly - the owners of Tiger Rock Resort on Pangkor Island have had terrible problems in the past and now don't allow dogs at all except during low season or if they know you.

One possible solution for Sea Gypsy is to leave your door open while you sleep. All beds have mosquito nets so maybe that'll help?! Our dog had no problem sleeping outside as he knew we weren't "far away". After all, the rest of the day was spent with us so the only time we were "separated" was during bed time. The important thing was that we all enjoyed having a vacation together!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 30, 2006, 8:11 PM

Post #5 of 10 (15826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chae Lian,

1st thing that comes into mind abt having a dog on the bed is hygiene. Any resort owners are afraid of having dogs due to some of them have experience dogs who pee / mark the bed, tables, chair and corners of the room.

Then some of those that I have talked to (even when they are dog owners/lovers as well) mentioned to me that they have rented their place to some groups before who bring 1 or 2 doggie and dirty their place with bad paw manners. The bungalow/resort owner did tell me that they have to change some of their sofa's cover at their own cost due to all the muddied paw prints that was left behind without a care by the owner who promise to be responsible.

I cant blame them for no longer allowing dogs to go there with the owner but with understanding of their situation as well sometimes.

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Mar 30, 2006, 8:14 PM)

toonho
Novice

Apr 9, 2006, 8:46 AM

Post #6 of 10 (15716 views)
Shortcut

may i have the details of the hotel/apartment in cameron highland??
i been planning very long time to bring my two doggy there for vacation.just cant find any hotel/aprt which can accept my doggy...
thanks..

=======================================

You may find homes for all of your pet's litter.
But each home you find means one less home for the dogs in shelters and rescues who need good homes.

teejin61
Novice

Apr 11, 2006, 7:08 AM

Post #7 of 10 (15669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [toonho] Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi toonho !

U can check out their website at twins pine chalets, Cameron Highlands . The apartments is at Arabella Apts owned by the owner of twin pines (Ms Suja).

But before u e-mail to them, maybe I let u know on some of their regulations b4 they allow u to bring your dogs :

i) The apt is on the grd floor but there are malay neighbours, so u must keep your dogs rather quiet.

ii) The rent is RM400-00 per day (paid in advance)with three rooms and they provide cooking facilities (stove, fridge, kitchen ware)

iii) The owner would like to see your dogs first b4 they allow u 2 bring them in.(small dogs allowed only)

iv) Any damage to their furniture & fittings would be borne by u.

v) They insist that u clean up any mess your dogs make b4 u check out.

I hope this will help u to plan ahead.

It all boils down to dog owners being responsible wherever we bring our furfriends to. We must understand other ppl feelings as not everyone loves dogs like we do. If most of us can be civic minded then I believe more hotels / chalets might open their doors or rooms to our furfriends.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2006, 9:19 AM

Post #8 of 10 (15663 views)
Shortcut

Can also check out Bon Ton resort in Langkawi, c posting at www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=238007;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply; Quite a cool place.

Any other places u hv bn with ur dogs dat u cn share with us? Cool

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

toonho
Novice

Apr 13, 2006, 5:06 AM

Post #9 of 10 (15634 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the information....its bery useful
and i will think think before i go..luckily not go then know about all the rules..will spoilt my good mood(may be) haha

=======================================

You may find homes for all of your pet's litter.
But each home you find means one less home for the dogs in shelters and rescues who need good homes.

yukiko_cynthia
New User

Dec 30, 2009, 1:24 AM

Post #10 of 10 (14622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [toonho] Pet friendly hotels , chalets, resorts [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Beach - you may consider Cherating - Ruby's Resort www.rubys-resort.com. They will only allow dogs at certain date in Jan - Sept because they have to consider for Malay visitors as well. It is open to dog in Oct - Dec 2009 (monsoon season).

Cameron - Jurina Hill Lodge 05-4915522. They only allow dog during the off peak season - Eg: Non Holiday Weekday.

Cameron - Cameronian Inn 05-4911327. Only allows dog outside area, not allow to stay for night, you have to arrange a hotel pet for them. The receptionist might sound a bit rude.

Enjoy!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my