WHERE IS THE BEST AND WORST PLACE TO PURCHASE A PUPPY

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 19, 2006, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1319 views)
Shortcut
WHERE IS THE BEST AND WORST PLACE TO PURCHASE A PUPPY Can't Post

Best:

A professional breeder is the best place. They chose the best to breed. Most are members of dog clubs.

A hobby breeder that has been active for several years in breeding and will stand behind their puppies .Most are members of a dog club.

Better than nothing:

A pet shop. If unable to locate a breeder in the above categories you might try a pet shop. Most are reputable and won't knowingly sell a sick dog any more than a good breeder would, but be aware that there are some bad shops so do your homework.

Worst:

Mass production kennels usually have several hundred dogs. They breed multiple breeds. Usually sell retail and wholesale. Anyone breeding more than two or three breeds cannot have the quality control need to breed sound healthy puppies.

Backyard breeder. Pet people that breed just for the fun of it and to make a quick buck. They usually sell their puppies too young. They usually know absolutely nothing about raising puppies only that they are cute. Most don't give proper shots let alone worm their puppies prior to putting them up for sale.

Puppy brokers. In my opinion the worst place to buy a puppy. They usually operate out of unlicensed homes bringing in many breeds from out of state. They usually move regularly and in most cases want only cash and have no warrantees. The best way to spot one is to ask to see the parents. If they don't have one of the parents I would not buy one of their puppies.. .

(This post was edited by chrisong on Mar 19, 2006, 1:31 AM)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 7:38 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] WHERE IS THE BEST AND WORST PLACE TO PURCHASE A PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisong..

its good to post this awareness stuff. i tink many members will get aware of breeders. So to those irresponsible breeders, STOP !

i once went to a chinese market in Kuching on my previous few trips there, i saw a man selling puppies. From the puppies i know they are mutts. i tink is golden retrievers crossed with another breed/mutt. When i asked how much, the man told me rm120.

then i ask wat breed, he say dono.

i hav a feeling he is one of the backyard breeder. the puppies look like just 1 mths old ! even the eyes not fully open

poor babies.

i had a tot of bringing them bac to kl, but sounds impossible. my auntie also say lets just hope a good home will buy the puppies and give them the best life.

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my