Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Jealous Shih Tzu

acken
New User

Mar 14, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Jealous Shih Tzu Can't Post

I have 8 months old Shih Tzu (male) with the name of Tiger. I just let him walk around in my apartment during my working hour, and spend my evening with him, so both of us are quite close.

I was thinking he might feel lonely when i was not in, so last week i got him a partner (2 months old female shih Tzu), "Baby". Unfortunately, things getting worst, as he refuses to eat for the past few days, and kind of timid. The small puppy is chasing him all around, and he kind of jealous to this small puppy. He act abnormally for the past few days, but my small puppy is trying to blend with him.

I am very worry, as he looks so upset.Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2006, 3:30 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acken] Jealous Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

since u had already bring in the new puppy, there is of no point to argue whether u "should" or "should not" hv done this.

is actually normal for ur Tiger to act that way, coz he already had limited to spend wit u since u r away from work....n now here comes the baby.....Tiger ends up getting less attention.

juz give Tiger some time to get him used to it....n later he will appreciate baby company.

not to worry too much, since there aren't any fight happening there.....

n when Tiger is acting in contrast to his normal behaviour....juz ignore him....or else u will juz encouraging tat behaviour....

btw, AVOID FUTURE UNWANTED PREGNANCY!!

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 17, 2006, 5:17 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just my two sens worth. dogs do not get lonely, it a whole lot of what human thinks. Dogs adjust to their enviroment very well. Your new pup, now you have to help Tiger adjust to the new pup but always letting Tiger know he is the number one dog, plus letting Baby realise she is number two. The simple thing is greed Tiger first, feeding time, place Tiger's bowl down first, grooming, groom Tiger first, this would help.

All the best, it should work but then again this are suggestions made not knowing the character of Tiger.

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 22, 2006, 5:10 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1422 views)
Shortcut

What Amanda85 told you are right. Sooner or later your Tiger will be alright. You should not be worry to much.

I owned 4 Silkies. All of them socialize well without I greet which one should be first or last & feed the senior one first or the young one last. I don't do that. I treat them equally.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my