Frown A siberian husky lover Frown

Haze
Novice

Mar 11, 2006, 6:29 AM

Post #2 of 31 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siberian hushky] Hello, Siberian Husky lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

where u from? i am siberian hushky and M schnauzer lover.Tongue i own 2 MS and 2 of SH...

hope we can share our experience .....

siberian hushky

Mar 11, 2006, 6:51 AM

Post #3 of 31 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haze] Hello, Siberian Husky lover [In reply to] Can't Post

your SH is adult or puppy?

Haze
Novice

Mar 11, 2006, 6:58 AM

Post #4 of 31 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Just two month old puppy, one male and one female... i bought them at Singapore, two of them was white and beige in colour and have a wonderfull nice eye... the male has a blue eye and the female has a gray eye...

siberian hushky

Mar 11, 2006, 7:20 AM

Post #5 of 31 (1355 views)
Shortcut

Now are u at Penang? i'll love to know u

Haze
Novice

Mar 12, 2006, 3:59 AM

Post #6 of 31 (1335 views)
Shortcut

hi hi..

now i not at Penang, i studie at singapore but i will go back penang often. i have one Boxer in my

penang home... if u like my SH so much, u can wait until they born baby then u can get from me....Smile

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 12, 2006, 4:27 AM

Post #7 of 31 (1334 views)
Shortcut

You giving away SH puppies FREE???

Haze
Novice

Mar 12, 2006, 7:58 AM

Post #8 of 31 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Hello, Siberian Husky lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...

i not give my puppy for free, i thing i will sell it.... sorry..

i buy 2 of them around 4000 sin dallor....(imported from Australia)

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 12, 2006, 12:39 PM

Post #9 of 31 (1322 views)
Shortcut

I know you are not going to give away FREE. I just wanted to let others know about this that all.

siberian hushky

Mar 13, 2006, 2:00 AM

Post #10 of 31 (1304 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi there...

Can u Please sell them cheaper to me, because i'm livig in an apartment and my dad do not like too expendsive petsFrown

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2006, 3:03 AM

Post #11 of 31 (1303 views)
Shortcut

Can apartment rare a large breed dog like Husky???

Haze
Novice

Mar 13, 2006, 6:49 AM

Post #12 of 31 (1290 views)
Shortcut

hi ...,

sure i can sell the puppy in chepper price, but u still need to wait aroung one year for both of

them grow up firstSmile

siberian hushky

Mar 13, 2006, 6:16 PM

Post #13 of 31 (1280 views)
Shortcut

Can i know where you live, if i have time I'll wish to visit u and your husky.
are you living in an apartment?

Haze
Novice

Mar 13, 2006, 7:10 PM

Post #14 of 31 (1274 views)
Shortcut

i stay at bukit mertajam penang... but now my doggies and me still at singapore, i need to finish my studies and training, then i will bring all my baby back to penang. i stay in apartment in singapore..

so before 2 of my sh grow adult i will sent them back to penang first...

siberian hushky

Mar 13, 2006, 7:17 PM

Post #15 of 31 (1273 views)
Shortcut

What time u finish your training? actually i live near penang turf club

Haze
Novice

Mar 13, 2006, 8:09 PM

Post #16 of 31 (1263 views)
Shortcut

next year... but i plant to bring them back end of this year... i will let u know when i back to penang

my singapore contact number 94380513......

i plant to buy a pair of golden R too, i would like to breed SH, GR , and MS for sell...

other than that, i plant to open a pet shop at penang in the 2 year time.... after my studies i will

take up pet grooming course In Taiwan.... i fell that penang lack of good pet groomer....

if u really love SH so much start to read book regard this breed... SH is very sturbon like a cat...

they will do whatever they fell is rightttt,..... other than that , they are very strongUnsure

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2006, 8:18 PM

Post #17 of 31 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Why you want to breed SH, GR & MS for Sell??????? Breeding dogs for sell is irresponsible. You only contribute more unwanted dog on the street.

Do you think open a petshop in Penang can cari makan?????? Do more reseach on this pets industry before you really go into it.

Pet Grooming I think have bright future.

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2006, 8:22 PM

Post #18 of 31 (1254 views)
Shortcut

You may be wondering whether or not you should breed your dog. Here is some information. The summary is that if you want to do it right, and get healthy and happy puppies, it is very expensive and a lot of work. Remember that you are going to need a vet that is familiar with whelping dogs. This will be your best resource, as well as any long-time breeders that you know. Not all vets are knowlegeable about whelping so be sure to ask around and especially look for recommendations from local breeders that you may know.

I want to make some money!
Breeding, and doing it right, is an expensive undertaking. By the time you've picked out a good bitch, waited for her to grow old enough (minimum age: two years before breeding), picked out the best dog to mate her with, gone through all the health checks she needs, ensured that the dog you want to use also passes the same health checks, you've invested a lot of time and effort. You still have to pay a stud fee (or give a puppy back), you have potential extra expenses during pregnancy, you have the time and expense of whelping (either you take time off from work or something goes wrong and you have to take her in to the vets). You need to keep the puppies for a minimum of 8 weeks before sending them to their homes; you need to advertise and find good homes for the puppies, you need to make sure they have had their shots before going. You may have possible vet bills if the puppies require extra attention. If some of the puppies die, or you have a smaller than usual litter, you may not get as much money from the sale of the puppies as you had though. There are even potential problems later on with dissatified customers! You are better off consulting with a financial wizard about investing the money you would otherwise spend and lose on breeding!

Breeders frequently count themselves lucky if they break even.

My kids should see the wonders of birth and life!
What if the whelping goes wrong and dead puppies are born? What if the bitch dies? These are all very real risks that you are undertaking. Much better alternatives include videotapes that are available. If there are local 4-H clubs, those provide alternatives for children.

Or, you could contact your local shelter and see if there is a pregnant bitch about to whelp or a litter of puppies that need to be raised and socialized before being adopted out. This would allow you to find out just what this could entail, while helping the shelters rather than potentially contributing to the problem.

I want another dog just like mine!
If you want to breed your dog so as to get another dog like yours, think about this for a moment. No matter how special your dog is to you, a puppy out of it is not guaranteed to be just like or even similar to your dog -- half its genes will be from another dog! You will have to find another dog that also has the characteristics you want in your puppy; that dog will have to be unneutered; and the owner of that dog will have to be willing to breed her/his dog to yours. It is much easier, often less expensive, and certainly less time consuming to pick out an existing dog that you like from the shelter or another breeder. Best yet, go back to the same breeder of your dog, if possible, and pick another puppy out of similar lines.

Every bitch should have a litter!
This is flat out wrong. Bitches are not improved by having puppies. They may undergo temporary temperament changes, but once the puppies are gone, she'll be back to her old self. Nor is it somehow good for her physically. In fact, you will put her at risk of mammary cancer and pyometra. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spaying a bitch without her having a litter.

But my dog is registered!
Well, yes, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. A registered dog, be it AKC, UKC, CKC, etc., simply means that it's parents (and their parents) are also registered with the same registry. This confers no merit in of itself, it simply means that the dog's parentage is known.

Most registries do not make any assertions of quality in the dogs they register (except for some limited breed-only registrations, but these are uncommon). They do not restrict the breeding of their dogs and hence there is no guarantee that a registered dog is a good specimen of its breed.

The AKC has just started a "limited registration" program whereby puppies out of such dogs are ineligible for registration. It remains to be seen what the overall impact on AKC dog breeds will be. Other registries have used similar programs with good results.

So I should breed when...?
The only reason you should be breeding is that you honestly feel that you are improving your breed by doing so. There are far too many dogs in the country to breed without good reason. A dog in a breeding program must be one whose genetic history you or its breeder is intimately familiar with. Such a dog must represent the best efforts of its breeder at that point. Such a dog must have good points to contribute, whether that is in good conformation, good performance or whatever. Such a dog must have some evidence of external evaluation. That is, others besides the breeder or the owner must also think that the dog is a good representive of its breed. That usually translates into titles, whether for conformation, obedience, field, herding, or whatever is appropriate for that breed. Such a dog must be tested as it matures for any problems that tend to appear in its breed, whether that is hip dysplasia, patellar luxation, von Willebrand's, cataracts, PRA, fanconi syndrome, subaortic stenosis, etc.

siberian hushky

Mar 13, 2006, 8:48 PM

Post #19 of 31 (1252 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
next year... but i plant to bring them back end of this year... i will let u know when i back to penang

my singapore contact number 94380513......

i plant to buy a pair of golden R too, i would like to breed SH, GR , and MS for sell...

other than that, i plant to open a pet shop at penang in the 2 year time.... after my studies i will

take up pet grooming course In Taiwan.... i fell that penang lack of good pet groomer....

if u really love SH so much start to read book regard this breed... SH is very sturbon like a cat...

they will do whatever they fell is rightttt,..... other than that , they are very strongUnsure

i plan to be a vet but it'll be a very long time, like 10-15 years

Haze
Novice

Mar 15, 2006, 12:42 AM

Post #20 of 31 (1228 views)
Shortcut

anywhere, thanks for all information that u give it to me.and i don think that breeding dog is irresponsible... i just want to share my dog wit other, i would like other to own a nice and pure breed puppy.. in other ways, i won't sell my puppy to irresponsible owner too.. first, i do all this is not because of money... i feel proud when people enjoy seeing my dog.. i want other to feel it too. i already make some of research on pet shop in Penang... if i really want to open, i will open the bigges one in penang ...and all pet lover can get anything in one shop.

u groom your silky terrier your self?

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2006, 5:52 AM

Post #21 of 31 (1219 views)
Shortcut

Breeding dog anyone can do it. Just take a male & famale together will do. You will get alot of puppies to sell to others and share with them. The most importance things in breeding is to improve the breed standard not sharing the things you like to others and breed ur dog that is not right. Do you experience before in breeding dogs? Do you know the bitch deliver the puppies is expericing pain? If you loves your dogs will you let this happen to her? How many times you plan to breed them? Every heat???

I am not stoping you not to breed your dog here. If you want to breed your dog just be a responsible breeder & breed to improve. Don't let your beloved female dog to suffer like a factory producing puppies.

Big one doesn't mean you will do well. Big shop incurred more cost without sales you will die very fast (depend on how much you got $$$$ to hold on lar). Come & look at KL biggest petshop here. Are they doing well?

Yes I do the grooming myself. I did not attend any grooming class. Just learn by my self.

(This post was edited by chrisong on Mar 15, 2006, 5:54 AM)

Haze
Novice

Mar 15, 2006, 7:01 AM

Post #22 of 31 (1212 views)
Shortcut

i agree with what u say, but all still on my plan, my cousin is vet,he the person who suggest to breeding of puppy. I buy MS and SH is because i like and love them so much, no matter how i will be a responsible owner, i give all the best thing for all of them .

for petshop, as i saw most of the pet shop in singapore all doing very well....

one of the pet shop owner would like to share with me to open a pet shop in penang... we plan to

bring petitem from singapore to malaysia.....

JustineBiBi

Mar 15, 2006, 8:12 AM

Post #23 of 31 (1211 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi there...

hi haze...

wow... u really rich ler!!! how many dogs u have actually? i also like dogs very much and hope that i can stay along with them 24 hours... sometime, i m thinking to give up my job by just doing something related with dogs!!!

siberian hushky

Mar 15, 2006, 8:01 PM

Post #24 of 31 (1198 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
anywhere, thanks for all information that u give it to me.and i don think that breeding dog is irresponsible... i just want to share my dog wit other, i would like other to own a nice and pure breed puppy.. in other ways, i won't sell my puppy to irresponsible owner too.. first, i do all this is not because of money... i feel proud when people enjoy seeing my dog.. i want other to feel it too. i already make some of research on pet shop in Penang... if i really want to open, i will open the bigges one in penang ...and all pet lover can get anything in one shop.

u groom your silky terrier your self?

You really 1 2 share your dog with someone else?
I'll buy your SH with all my savingsSmile but only if you permit me to do that, because my savings is not over RM300Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2006, 3:38 AM

Post #25 of 31 (1189 views)
Shortcut

Sure or not Petshop in Singapore doing well??? Do you know Singapore a small island have more petshops compare to KL. You know that??? If you know one shop is doing well does not mean all are doing well. Anyway, I do hope you will do more reseach about pet industry before you really go into it. Best of luck.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my