2 Months Old Maltese

jdreamer
Novice

Mar 10, 2006, 2:10 AM

Post #1 of 2 (909 views)
Shortcut
2 Months Old Maltese Can't Post

Hi,

Recently, I've bought a 2 months old Maltese. The first day he pee everywhere, but he only poo in the Garden. Therefore, I will put him into the cage when Im not around to prevent him from peeing and poo everywhere.

These few days, I'll take him out to the garden after his meals, like 10-30minutes or an hour later to pee/poo and of cos when I wake up in the morning and before I sleep.

I realised that it helps a lot in preventing him from pee and poo when I play with him.

But now, here's the problem Im facing. Since I got him out to relieve himself only on those periods, I have no idea whether I can train him to pee and poo on the newspaper when he's inside the house.

Im planning to get the Housebreaking Spray to train him.

So, what do u guys think ? Please enlighten me more as this is the first time Im having a dog.

Thanks.

sean

Mar 10, 2006, 9:06 AM

Post #2 of 2 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jdreamer] 2 Months Old Maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi justin,

Just sharing my method which i used to train my dogs.

For me, i will 1stly train them with newspaper (but depends breed, only small breed on newspaper), You can put ur puppy on the newspaper and use a play pan to make it stay around the newspaper after it do whatever it should do then only let it out and give it a praise. Then if you want them to do that outside ie in the garden then only u place the used newspaper (which they P&P and left the smell) in the garden then they will follow the smell to do their job.

Slowly they will know it's the place they should p&p. This takes sometimes... depends on the dog, doesn't mean the slow learner is stupid just every dog has their own character, some like to do it on newspaper, some don't.

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my