My bebe hurt after grooming

muiyao
Novice

Mar 6, 2006, 6:55 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2508 views)
Shortcut
My bebe hurt after grooming Can't Post

Hi hi,

Just wanna ask some experience ppl out there, my beloved Bebe always get hurt at the buttock area after grooming. Not sure if he has sensitive skin around there or wat. Everytime after the grooming, he will sit on the floor and not doing anything for few days, he even lick the buttock till red and he will bite us when we try to wipe the area. He cant sleep and didnt sleep for days as its too painful/itchy. He din want to play or walk out to pee, he will only eat if we feed him, bring the water to him. we applied some powder to the area n he will be ok.. but later he will then lick again. He can only sleep when we carry him. am so worry about him.. he still like tat since the grooming last thursday.

Btw, how we know the dog is having fever???

Please help!!!!!!

maegan
Dog Kichi

Mar 7, 2006, 1:06 AM

Post #2 of 13 (2489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muiyao] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

hi muiyao,
wer u send ur dog grooming?pet shop or dog clinic? ur bebe may be is sensitive with the shampoo that the groomer is using, u can try to send ur dog to dog clinic to do the gromming, coz they are more expert then then pet shop, if ur dog got skin problem after grooming the panel doctor will inform u, coz i hv ds experience b4, i send my dog go to pet shop to go grooming, after that the groomer cut off my dogs finger skin, then they told me is skin problem, but wen i send my dog to the clinic, they nothing problem with my dog...it mean the pet shop do mistake but the dun bare their respond.. so nw i never send my dog to pet shop grooming anymore...take care!!

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 7, 2006, 6:11 AM

Post #3 of 13 (2480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Why not learn to do grooming urself????? Just spend some few hundred for the grooming things and learn to do it, & in long term you save ur money and have a better understanding between u & ur dog.

Do you mean vet clinic are expert in grooming dog????

maegan
Dog Kichi

Mar 7, 2006, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

i agree with u!! after that case, i seldom bring my dog to pet shop grooming liao,every week i spend 3 hours to comb my sing sing hair...its really save a lot!! but during big festive that time i will bring him to the clinic grooming, coz ppl oso like to make themselve pretty, so dog oso!! u make them look pretty they will very happy 1Frown wen u take photo with them they will make a lot of pos like u takeFrownbut nw i cant make my sing sing look handsome alreay, coz he is lost , dun kw wer are him nwFrown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Mar 8, 2006, 10:02 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2460 views)
Shortcut

I agree. Learn to groom him yourself. Treat it as part of your routine with him, as much as feeding, bathing, playing &c &c.

muiyao
Novice

Mar 9, 2006, 6:38 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

i sent him to the pet shop for grooming.. i've tried to change the pet shop but then still the same thing happen. Really headache... my heart also ache see bebe like tat not happy Frown

i never tried send him to clinic for grooming. ok will take yr guys advise to send him to clinic for grooming. Previously i thought i can try to do the grooming myself, but my dog a bit weird... he will bite us when he heard the shaver sound but if we use the scissors then its ok. Also we try to cut his nail but he will definately bite us.

i know that a dog will never bite their own family members but my bebe different.. once he not happy or we beat him.. he will definately bite us,

chaiwoon

Mar 10, 2006, 1:26 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2448 views)
Shortcut

Frownmuiyao,

last week, my neighbour sent her furkid for grooming.. the very next day, her doggie can't even open his eye and was crying.. pity him.. the groomer had accidentally hurted his eye ball.. luckily, they discover fast.. now he is on medication.. very kesian lorr... her furkid can't sit properly and will turn his head left and right while grooming.. so it's kinda dangerous..

the best solution is groom ur self..

my boy also try to bite me when i wanna cut his nails.. what i do is, cane on floor a few time first and then only start to cut nails.. he will sit nicely and never rebell... kekke... maybe u can try it out..
www.dogster.com/?378834

mbless
K9 Kaki

Mar 10, 2006, 3:05 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chai Woon.... wah u so fierce... like step mother... kekeke.... when i met u at Plaza Damas.... u look so gentle one.... just joking.
Nowadays dogs also getting smarter lor... know tat their mummy loves them so perasan sikit... but when we angry they can really behave...
Hope to meet your boy one day....

chaiwoon

Mar 11, 2006, 5:21 PM

Post #9 of 13 (2428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownmbless... if i don't act fierce ar, i kena bully from him lo... kekkek... hopefully i can bring him to meet u one day..
www.dogster.com/?378834

muiyao
Novice

Mar 16, 2006, 2:01 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Aiyo.. my furkid very naughty one.. if i beat him.. he lagi fierce.... we always kena bite if we beat him... end up we cry..... no idea y he like this... even cane the floor also he will definately come against us....

I see some of ppl dogs very good behaviour but not my own.. Frown

Hey u guys meet up at Plaza Damas?? I'm working there lah... hahahha

chaiwoon

Mar 30, 2006, 5:12 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2339 views)
Shortcut

hihi.. sorry for late reply...
wahh.. ur furkid so fierce wan arr... bite the owner.. Crazy
actually, there's a dog rehoming boots at Plaza Damas.. beside starbucks.. every saturday from 2-5.. u may drop by there n check it out.. mbless will be there too... and lots of doggie.. kekke.. just went there for once... nowadays busy lorr.. so din drop by.. Smile
www.dogster.com/?378834

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Apr 10, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #12 of 13 (2299 views)
Shortcut

hi there..

fr wht u describe about ur bebe after grooming, i think its clipper rash..it has nothing to do with shampoo unless it has it all over the body..if only the buttock then most probably is clipper rash..cos tht area is shaved and if the groomer is not aware sometimes the clipper turns too hot and then it actually burnt the skin..thts why dogs get rashes..it can be also some dogs are very sensitive to the heat of the clipper..or the other possibility is that the clipper is not clean..either rusty or not disinfect properly.. it is actually quite normal for clipper rash to appear but if the problem arise everytime after grooming then u should inform the groomer n then get to take note so that next round they will take precaution..it is better to tell them rather than immediately change cos the next time might the same if u dun tell them..sometimes it takes trial n error to knw whts the prob..a lot of ppl just jump to the conclusion that the groomer is not good but they should consider the situation and the problems before tht.. try also applying antiseptic cream after each grooming or get the groomer to shave the buttock before shower so that it will cool down the skin during shower..grooming your own dog may not be a very good suggestion some time..too many ppl are doing it themself n tot that it is better but they might accidentally hurt the dog or use a harsh way till the dog only obeys cos they are feared..tis is not how it should be.. n when they cant handle anymore then they send it to groomer and they already develop all these bad habits at home cos they have never been to a groomer..sticks to one groomer and communicate so tht your dog learns to love grooming..dun change groomer bcos of price..if ur dog likes him/her then stick to them rather than changing jst bcos the next petshop charges rm 10 or 20 cheaper.jst to share my few cents of adviceSmile
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

muiyao
Novice

Apr 25, 2006, 7:42 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] My bebe hurt after grooming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for your advise. Will take note on that.....

Always think the groomer not good.. hahahaha

Thanks

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my