Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Hw to train a rottweiler

maegan
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2006, 4:44 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Hw to train a rottweiler Can't Post

Did anyone can teach me hw to train a big size rottweiler? i got 1 7months old puppy, she is call yuki, she so active & palyful, always like to play my another 1 9months dachshund, nw the dachshund is pregnant, so she cant play with her, then she paly with my another 2 more 1 month pupppies, but accidently yuki make the 2 youngest die...so hw to train yuki not too playful? she like jump on me & hug me wen i go home, but she is heavy & i cant hold her... Pls teach me wat to do ??Frown

khyeying
Novice

Mar 16, 2006, 5:26 AM

Post #2 of 4 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maegan] Hw to train a rottweiler [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Blush Your dog is so playful because it is still young, but however, I think it is important to you seperate your rottweiler with the other dogs, don't let it play with them because if it goes on like that, the behaviour will stay the same even when become adult already. My friend's rottweiler were put together with a Miniature Schnauzer since pup, and now.. it's like a crazy dog even adult already. I think for big dogs like Rottweiler, it's better to attend Obedience class to seek more experienced training lessons to get more results.

However, tips to training these dogs are that you have to show them who's the leader and who's the follower. You can't sayang them even when they are doing the wrong thing, this will mislead them that they could take your attention by misbehaving. Your training have to be a consistent, a daily 10-15mins training, and have to train it positively. When they do the right thing, give them all the praises within seconds , and when they misbehave, simply stop him and ignore him. Do not talk to him and give him sayang when he misbehave.

Erm..... I think there's alot more lar. I'm not pro, but read these tips through the internet. Haha... Wishing you all the best with you rottweiler. Hopefully he/she doesn't become like my friends rottweiler.

P.s. Remember to teach positively and with patience. DO NOT WHACK THE DOG as it won't learn when it is in fear, and it creates more problems when you do this. Do not expect the dog to learn overnight.

Yoyo ~ my missin' Shih Tzu :((
Popeye ~ my lovely lil' Mini Schnauzer *muaks*!!!

maegan
Dog Kichi

Mar 16, 2006, 4:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khyeying] Hw to train a rottweiler [In reply to] Can't Post

dear khyeying, thanks for advice,i agree with u, dog's behaviour really will effect another 1. like last time i got a rottweiler MImi who is past away last year, she so cute & so friendly, coz that time she always stay together with my shih tzu ~sing sing.so i like them so muc...nw mimi past away already, sing sing oso dun kw wer him goFrownFrownFrowngv my dog back to me

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 20, 2006, 7:53 PM

Post #4 of 4 (925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maegan] Hw to train a rottweiler [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Just read your posting, how is your rottie behaving now? You really should not isolate him with your other dog or else you may have another problem later. They should sort themselves out as time goes by. Have you found a trainer to help you? Anyway good luck.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my