Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Coolio the PUG (6 months old)

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2006, 6:37 PM

Post #1 of 19 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Coolio the PUG (6 months old) Can't Post

hi there.. good morning to you all. my coolio boy 6 months old giving me a lot of problems. for pass few weeks he pee everywhere in the house. last time i trained him to pee and poo near the toilet. but suddenly last few weeks he acts weird. he simply pee around!

may i just ask, what's wrong with him? i had try to monitor his activities, but suddenly he ran away and pee somewhere else again and again! how huh?

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Mar 12, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #2 of 19 (2036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coolio_2005] Coolio the PUG (6 months old) [In reply to] Can't Post

any wise advise???

mbless
K9 Kaki

Mar 13, 2006, 5:51 AM

Post #3 of 19 (2034 views)
Shortcut

Hi hi... well could b yr dog marking territory...dogs not neut sometimes mark their territory with sprays of urine.
Wat u can do is to train yr dog all over again.... the way u did it last time n succeed... patience n consistent. It will b more effective to praise him when he do it in the right place than to punish / scold him for his mistake.
Clean up his mess thoroughly.... usually i use vinegar.
On the lighter side.... mayb he is as stressed as u r waiting for his ping pong to drop.... hehehe.

(This post was edited by mbless on Mar 13, 2006, 6:03 AM)

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2006, 6:17 PM

Post #4 of 19 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Coolio the PUG (6 months old) [In reply to] Can't Post

mbless

thanks for the advice. now coolio is getting better, but sometimes he still miss his target.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Apr 3, 2006, 6:48 AM

Post #5 of 19 (1976 views)
Shortcut

No prob at all... good that everything almost ok d...

Shortly after I tell u wat to do... i face the same prob..Unsure
Cookie on her 1st heat... also start to pee everywhere... she was already toilet trained liao.... so i restart all over again... tis time slower... she is now almost there liao. Today, so far quite good.... sigh....

Oh yes... how is his ping pong. Any improvement?

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2006, 2:23 AM

Post #6 of 19 (1966 views)
Shortcut

his ping pong still the same, not coming out yet.... why after the hard training, they still miss their target?

mbless
K9 Kaki

Apr 4, 2006, 2:50 AM

Post #7 of 19 (1962 views)
Shortcut

female easier to do on target mah...squat... male lift up the leg... so sometimes miss lor.... Ash will squat when he needs to do indoor but lift up when he is outdoor.... i think he want to show his manhood outside.... hahaha... already neut liao... but still must have face mah.

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2006, 5:49 AM

Post #8 of 19 (1958 views)
Shortcut

coolio boy will squad down when someone around, but he'll put his leg up when no ones around.. funny fella...

just now i just wack him nicely... simply pee all over the place, after that he don't want to play with me anymore..

mbless
K9 Kaki

Apr 4, 2006, 7:48 AM

Post #9 of 19 (1957 views)
Shortcut

the trick is do not whack.... he will go hide somewhere else u cannot see n pee.... easier if u catch him in action.. say a firm no ( which I will do with my finger pointing ) in a low voice.. then ask him to follow u to the actual spot n show him ... pee here...pointing to where u want him to pee. Clean the mess up without fussing and fast... I use vinegar to clear the smell... If you did not catch him, no point scolding him later coz he pun lupa liao.
At this age... the most difficult lor... the adolescent stage or teenagers. They want to b independant n now have a mind of their own. No more the kuai kuai puppy d. But as with teenagers (human) they need affirmation n lots of love lor.... and lots of patience too. After all, they only teenagers once.... as my son put it.

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2006, 10:31 PM

Post #10 of 19 (1943 views)
Shortcut

i see.... but vry hard to catch him in action lar..

he's too smart and cunning.

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 10, 2006, 5:51 AM

Post #11 of 19 (1925 views)
Shortcut

mbless.... may i just check with you, is the MS puppy is more active than pugs?

mbless
K9 Kaki

Apr 11, 2006, 1:22 AM

Post #12 of 19 (1917 views)
Shortcut

I have no idea... I adopted Ash when he was 3 yrs old... plus most dogs that I foster are all above 1 year....

Sometimes it depends on individual dogs... like when i go to the vet, he was always praising my MS... that he sit so still for check-up, no barking and no bitting... watever he do to him... Basically my MS is a real lap dog. At 4 yrs old he is still active but calm.

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 11, 2006, 5:06 AM

Post #13 of 19 (1912 views)
Shortcut

but my coolio boy is differents.. when he is in the vet clinic, he'll show his pity face... like a chicken.

but when he reach home, he'll act like a king again, hyper active....

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 13, 2006, 7:13 PM

Post #14 of 19 (1898 views)
Shortcut

My Hero boy is exactly the same like your coolio.. He is just like a doll when in the vet clinic...just sitting or laying down like a baby without making noise...BUT acts like little monster when at home... Mad.. GGgrrrr

Visit Hero and Casper's Blog

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 14, 2006, 3:46 PM

Post #15 of 19 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] Coolio the PUG (6 months old) [In reply to] Can't Post

wah really? is he a pug too? hahahaha....

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 14, 2006, 5:34 PM

Post #16 of 19 (1881 views)
Shortcut

He's a Maltese, a six months old baby.... kekeke... He's a little cute "monster" most of the time Frown EXCEPT when he pees/poos outside the newspaper... He's still not house trained yet... giving me lots of problem with that... I brought him home nearly a month liao... still....Frown

How long have u trained u Coolio ah ?

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 14, 2006, 7:27 PM

Post #17 of 19 (1875 views)
Shortcut

my coolio boy is around 6 to 7 months.... i'm facing the same problems like you...

he always miss his pees target.. poos consider ok lor

coolio always like to bite my hand...

cyling
Dog Kichi

Apr 16, 2006, 8:27 PM

Post #18 of 19 (1859 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoh... at least u managed to get him trained last time ma... my hero is acting slow.... guess I will be having more sleepless night... he pees then poos at 4.30AM Crazy Anyway, he managed to pees on the right spot himself this morning... Cool but too bad hor.. I din see him doing it and din manage to praise him on time Frown I did praised him right after I saw the pee pee ( may be after 5 mins ).. I hug him, pointing to the pee pee and say GOOD BOY, give him treats... not sure if he can get my idea.. Tongue

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Apr 17, 2006, 5:02 AM

Post #19 of 19 (1853 views)
Shortcut

i guess he got your point.... don't worry.... try to give him positive training..

but pity you lar... your hero only start his business at 4:30am

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my