Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Register with MKA?

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2001, 10:34 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3715 views)
Shortcut
Register with MKA? Can't Post

How can a dog owner register his/her puppy with MKA?
Where can we register a part from KL? like JB or Penang?
What are the basic requirements for a dog to register?
Please help and thanks.

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 13, 2001, 10:16 AM

Post #2 of 9 (3711 views)
Shortcut
Re: Register with MKA? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pls contact a Mr. Ooi Chin Soon. Tel:012-7877622. He is a JB Branch Committee Member. Talk to him of what U have and what U require and he will be able to serve you at your home base.

Ban
Novice

Nov 14, 2001, 5:27 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3700 views)
Shortcut

The question now is whether the puppy's parent are registered with MKA ? or whether the puppy that is imported from other country has foreign registration that are recognised by MKA ?

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2001, 9:37 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3692 views)
Shortcut

If the parents are registered, then how?
I mean how to start a new registration to a puppy ...

Ban
Novice

Nov 14, 2001, 10:08 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3675 views)
Shortcut

When a new litter is born, MKA require the owner to notify them within 14 days. MKA may at their discretion decide whether to send a puppy inspector to check your puppies to acertain that the litter genuine. Late notification will be fined by MKA.

After notifying MKA, you will need to submit your registration as soon as possible. If you delay in submitting the registration for too long, MKA may not register your puppies :-)

ck_yap
Novice

Nov 16, 2001, 3:40 PM

Post #6 of 9 (3665 views)
Shortcut

Issit true that dogs from Russia are not certified with MKA ?
If a dog does not have MKA certification, does that mean it will never get certified ?

Ban
Novice

Nov 16, 2001, 5:00 PM

Post #7 of 9 (3663 views)
Shortcut

Russian do not have proper Kennel Club to control the dog breed there. In a nutshell, if you purchase a dog either registered with Kennel club not recognised by MKA or those without registration, your purchased dog will not be registered by MKA. Hence be careful when you purchase imported dog.

A simple example is not all dog imported from Thailand will be registered by MKA as will. It all depends on their registration with Kennel club there.

Cheers

ck_yap
Novice

Nov 17, 2001, 1:44 PM

Post #8 of 9 (3653 views)
Shortcut

Ok ...... gotcha ..... thanx for educating me :) Does that mean the puppy that i got not registered with MKA will never be recognised by MKA?

Gin
Novice

Nov 19, 2001, 5:54 AM

Post #9 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Before you purchase any puppy, please ask the seller whether is the puppy come with any predigree or in simple term, is the puppy registered with MKA.

For a puppy to be registered with MKA, there are some strict requirements that need to be met. If your puppy is not registered currently and wish to register with MKA, then there are a great deal of works you need to do to prove that your puppy meet those requirements. It is tedious and you may or may not succeed.

Hence , it is important to ask the first question that I mentioned above before purchasing any puppy.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my