Black Nails!!!!!

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2006, 9:02 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1396 views)
Shortcut
Black Nails!!!!! Can't Post

hi everyone,
just wondering can anyone tell me how to cut black nails? i got one ms and it's quite long. sometimes i've tried to cut it and blood came out. so that means the vein grew long too. then is it means that i can't cut anymore? my ms likes to use her leg to scratch us and it's soooo painful. HELP!!

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2006, 9:55 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] Black Nails!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. When the nail grow so do the vein. It is advisable to cut the nail every week.

If ur dog nail is too long. You need to send to the vet to cut it short. You have no choice cause the vein grow too out already.Unsure

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2006, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Black Nails!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi chris,
i did send to the vet. the vet said that they can't cut cos the vein is there. i did cut for her every week but most of the time i scare to cut shorter cos it's black nail so that's y it's long. the vet said as long as it doesn't touch the floor then it's ok.

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2006, 5:16 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1380 views)
Shortcut

The vet is right "as long as the nail does not touch the floor is ok".

But if touch the floor liao. The vet CAN CUT the nail. Even if the vein is there. Usually the vet will put ur dog for sleeping then only do the cutting. The vet will cut it very short but definitly the nail will bleeding becuase it will cut the vein. But it is ok once the bleeding stop. Once ur dog wake up from the operation he/she will feel uncomfortable when they are walking. But after a few day they will be fine. After that you need to be very hardworking to make sure you do ur own cutting nail every week & don't wait untill it is too long again lor Hehehehe

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2006, 6:04 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1371 views)
Shortcut

i was thinking of putting her to sleep then let the vet cut but i don't think it's necessary. what do u think? it mus be very painful once she wakes up. sigh... Unsure

your silky terrier's nail is what color ar? last time i got cocker, easier to cut cos it's white. my mom keep on scolding me that i don't trim her nails. scratch all of us until the whole hand red! like a cat onli. haha...

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2006, 6:11 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1370 views)
Shortcut

My Silkies nail color are black. I cut their nail every week so I know how much I need to cut already.

If wake up painful I think you have no choice. because the nail already too long mah. But you see how lor. You go check with the vet again need to cut or not. If no just don't be lazy lorSly cut the nail evey week to maintain the lenght of the nail.

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2006, 6:28 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1364 views)
Shortcut

LOL...thanks for the info. i think if let say the nails are short alredi i think i need to use the ruler to measure see how long need to be cut. kekekek....susah lar. somemore fluffy doesn't like cutting nails. very notti.....Blush too hyper-active. my mom always say don't make her too active later heart attack. haha...over excited it seems

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my