Puppy make noise at night

joycetangkh
Novice

Feb 17, 2006, 7:34 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1624 views)
Shortcut
Puppy make noise at night Can't Post

Dear all,

Last night i bought new puppy to home!!! It's female poodle and only 7 weeks old. She's very small and cute. She last night sleep in my room and make noise all over night. She make me can't sleep. Please advise how can i do ??

timmy
Enthusiast

Feb 19, 2006, 9:15 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joycetangkh] Puppy make noise at night [In reply to] Can't Post

did u cage her? if so, try not to, then she wont make noise.

timmy used to be like that, cos i caged him last time, since he was making noise, very pampered and need attention, i neevr cage him till today

joycetangkh
Novice

Feb 21, 2006, 5:06 AM

Post #3 of 11 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy] Puppy make noise at night [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Timmy

Nice to meet you. If i not cage her, I scare her bite the wire, curtain, carpet......at night. I want to train and practice her alone in the cage. I also have one male dog. He looks not friendly since i bought her home.

What breed dog do you have ?

timmy
Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1568 views)
Shortcut

hi..timmy is a male shih tsu. i couldn't stand when he whined at nite first day. so i let him out, he sleep next to me . fr tat day onwards, he was ok. never make noise.. unless i cage him, then he will make noise, so till now, 3 yrs, he os too pampared to be caged, even grommer caged him for a while.he will make noise n whine. can say pros n cons. anyway u can use your cage to tarin ur poodle if u have no choice to cage her.

maybe u try get her some nice toys in the cage for her? try not to let her see u in the same room while u r sleeping, cos she make noise to wake u up n need attention. if she cant see u in the room , while u place the cage in other room, she may keep quiet? maybe u try it out..

timmy
Enthusiast

Post #5 of 11 (1568 views)
Shortcut

hi..timmy is a male shih tsu. i couldn't stand when he whined at nite first day. so i let him out, he sleep next to me . fr tat day onwards, he was ok. never make noise.. unless i cage him, then he will make noise, so till now, 3 yrs, he was too pampared to be caged, even groomer caged him for a while.he will make noise n whine. can say pros n cons. anyway u can use your cage to train ur poodle if u have no choice to cage her.

maybe u try get her some nice toys in the cage for her? try not to let her see u in the same room while u r sleeping, cos she make noise to wake u up n need attention. if she cant see u in the room , while u place the cage in other room, she may keep quiet? maybe u try it out..

timmy
Enthusiast

Post #6 of 11 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by timmy [In reply to]

joycetangkh
Novice

Feb 22, 2006, 5:18 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1560 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your opinion. I will try it......

My dog also is Shih Zhu, his name Micky, 3.5 years old. But he very obstinacy. Your dog go to toilet ownself ? Micky shu...shu any place he likes it .........even I train him many times.... is harass to me.

timmy
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2006, 3:56 AM

Post #8 of 11 (1530 views)
Shortcut

ya timmy will go toilet/balcony to pee/poo, he was trained to pee or poo in the toilet or on newspap.so far i took 2 wks to make him 100% trained.

well, till now, i can say sometimes he still has some accidents if' i didnt brg him out for very long, cos he wanted to go out as put him at home for too long period. so if i didnt brg him out for some time, he will punish me w his pee/poop in living hall! or sometimes when the toilet floor or balcony flr is wet, he ignore to pee. very fussy, basically he is too pampared on his food n everythg, so we human kena bully fr our furkidCrazyUnsure

your shih tzu not frdly to ur new poodle? how come?

timmy seems very frdly n desparately wanted any dog as his companion as he is alone at home roam around himself, play by himself, but i didnt have time to take care another dog, at the moment timmy is the king of the hs. i guess it depends diff dog character, some can mix around easily but some not.

(This post was edited by timmy on Feb 25, 2006, 4:05 AM)

estherchan
Novice

May 13, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1326 views)
Shortcut

BlushAngelichi timmy,i going to get a new dog..also a shih tzu female 1 year old..i abopt it from other people...i scare 1 thing is...will she like me?hear my words?i wish to train her good good...and my cousin just bought a poodle ..her poodle is so naught...keep on bite people..and pee and poo everywhere.i also scare of her poodle sometimes..it look like don like people touch him.i worrying that my dog will same like my cousin poodle..if my also same like the poodle ..then what should i do?my cousin sometime so sad...sometime the dog park at mid night and she have to wake up and see him...why ur dog so easy train?maybe your dog like u so much so it hear your words.^^

timmy
Enthusiast

May 17, 2006, 5:55 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estherchan] Puppy make noise at night [In reply to] Can't Post

congrats for having a new livestock in your houseLaugh

don;t worry so much, when your puppy stay with you,. you will know how to handle it. and of course depends your puppy character and how firm you want to make him listem to uWink

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 20, 2006, 4:28 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1273 views)
Shortcut

its best 2 keep ur dog cage 2 prevent her from misbehave, especially when u r not around 2 supervise her...or else u will ended up having a destructive dog...

best 2 start off wit a minimum caging period....for example cage her for 15 min initially, then later proceed 2 longer periods...

n feed her inside d cage...... if she starts to make noise...ignore her 1st n wait till she settle down... i'm sure she'll get tired too,...

wait until she stop then onli released her.....make her learn tat, keep quiet will be rewarding....

best is too bring her out for a jog and get her tired....then she'll ended up getting exhausted n sleep in d cage....

try not to put her in d cage 4 too long @ 1st.... slowly increase d period...

hope tat u'll succeed...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my