Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
shih tzu stomach problem

silverdecember
New User

Apr 27, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 8 (951 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu stomach problem Can't Post

My fiance were given a 14 month old full breed Shih Tzu 3 days ago. We were told by the previous owners that he was housebroken. Well he was ok the first day, but for the past 2 days, he's been deficating on himself. It just stays on him. We've had to clean him a couple of times already. He just rubs his butt all over the house. Does anyone know why he might be doing this?

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 28, 2003, 10:24 AM

Post #2 of 8 (937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silverdecember] shih tzu stomach problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

U've gotta retrain your dog to pee/poo.Yes he's housebroken,but in his past owner's house,not your's.U will have to teach him where he can pee/poo.

I guess it's time for u to bring him to the groomer for a hair cut.The feces might be sticking on to his fur near the anus.Maybe that's y he rubbing his butt,so that he can get rid of those feces from him butt.(dogs like to be clean)

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 28, 2003, 6:50 PM

Post #3 of 8 (931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silverdecember] shih tzu stomach problem [In reply to] Can't Post

yup, I agree with Adam!! Your doggie deserves a chance!!
Be patience on housebreaking training. I spent 3 weeks ++ to train my Golden, and she is ok now! Just let them know DO and DON'T. Do it patienly as they do not understand our language. They are fast learner if you give persistant orders.
Good luck and welcome your doggie!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

timmy
Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2003, 8:06 AM

Post #4 of 8 (924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] shih tzu stomach problem [In reply to] Can't Post

my timmy is housebroken since 1st wk, but after 2 mths w me, he seems have accident on and off, especially my door front!

is it common to have accidents for them poo/pee? i have no idea y he likes to poo/pee worng place when no one around...but he did right place if i'm there..

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 30, 2003, 5:02 PM

Post #5 of 8 (906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy] shih tzu stomach problem [In reply to] Can't Post

haahaaahaaa.... yes, your doggie is alright. My Trivor also pee-poo wrong place sometimes, especially we brought her balik kampung. she confused with so many houses with different pee-poo location. So, if you have only one house, be sure to place a fix place for his pee-poo.
Yes, be patience to consistently train your doggie and priase him for whatever he does good. He will learn very fast. he will make some mistakes on-and-off initially, eg. miss target but its ok, just correct him on the spot (nice and soft voice to tell him wrong place).
happy training!!

~ Trivor ~

timmy
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2003, 7:19 PM

Post #6 of 8 (904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] shih tzu stomach problem [In reply to] Can't Post

hi trivor...ya, i' hope he is 100% housebroken ..- but he is okie to pee/poo on newspaper when in others ppl house.

ya, i just wonder is it common that puppy will pee when they r so excited to see me or anyone back ?

he did that many time n pee on floor- cant control maybe too excited?

did u guys face this ?

ally_py

Apr 30, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #7 of 8 (902 views)
Shortcut

hi, emily.

i didn't got this experience before, but my bf's cousin does. her 1 yr old min pin always like that too. when he's excited, he will pee any where at the floor, a little pee every where i mean. i guess this is not a problem kua? is u scare, then better bring him to vet.Blush

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 30, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #8 of 8 (899 views)
Shortcut

haahaahaaaa.... that's kinda cute! Trivor does not have this poroblem, so far. but she will "hug" me when she is too excited to see me Smile

~ Trivor ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my