vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2006, 6:29 PM

Post #1 of 18 (766 views)
Shortcut
I am new here Can't Post

Hi Everybody,

I am glad that we have puppy.com.my and able to let us meet here Wink

I just got a female beagle (1 years old++) from friend and now still learn how to take care of it. Any beagle's fan in the forum, please feel free to post me your opinions, advise etc Tongue

Regards,

Vivian

scout
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2006, 8:55 PM

Post #2 of 18 (753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vvnchow] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello... WELCOME!!!

I must say... beagles are cute! Hehehe... I have a labrador (almost got a beagle too)... but for now, one furkid is a handful. Any pics?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 9, 2006, 9:11 PM

Post #3 of 18 (751 views)
Shortcut

Hello and Welcome!!!

There are many beagle owners here. Beagles are such hound dogs heheheh.... does yours howl?

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2006, 9:33 PM

Post #4 of 18 (744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scout] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello... WELCOME!!!

I must say... beagles are cute! Hehehe... I have a labrador (almost got a beagle too)... but for now, one furkid is a handful. Any pics?

Ya, small and cute Tongue

Actually, we have not own any dogs so many years since 1995 as the dog, is a mixed breed, has lost control and everyone in the family got bitten by him and finally we decided to let it go .

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2006, 9:36 PM

Post #5 of 18 (743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello and Welcome!!!

There are many beagle owners here. Beagles are such hound dogs heheheh.... does yours howl?

Ya Shocked, is it normal for beagles ? we thought that is some "dirty thing" around Blush

do you own a beagle ?

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 9, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #6 of 18 (728 views)
Shortcut

Actually, we have not own any dogs so many years since 1995 as the dog, is a mixed breed, has lost control and everyone in the family got bitten by him and finally we decided to let it go .

Saw your posting at Working group. You say you own a french Mastiff & looking for partner? How many dogs you own? Very confusing larCrazy

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2006, 10:37 PM

Post #7 of 18 (722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Saw your posting at Working group. You say you own a french Mastiff & looking for partner? How many dogs you own? Very confusing larCrazy

I have 3 actually => a Beagle, a French Mastiffs and a Golden Retriever Tongue

I take care of the Beagle while the French Mastiffs and Golden Retriever were taken care by my friend Wink

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 10, 2006, 2:24 AM

Post #8 of 18 (705 views)
Shortcut

Yups, normal for beagles to howl. Not dirty thing lah heheheh.... beagles, basset hounds.... they love howling. I don't own a beagle, got friend owning one.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2006, 5:41 PM

Post #9 of 18 (692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Yups, normal for beagles to howl. Not dirty thing lah heheheh.... beagles, basset hounds.... they love howling. I don't own a beagle, got friend owning one.

Errr... you mean they howl for nothing

Kookee
Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2006, 6:12 PM

Post #10 of 18 (690 views)
Shortcut

Hiyah vvnchow,

Welcome! I own a mix and a lab. One of my neighbour got a beagle. I supposed it is still a puppy. Everytime I walk the furkids and pass by him, he will start to bark-howl or howl-bark. I find the bark-howl funny initially but got used to it now

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 10, 2006, 6:59 PM

Post #11 of 18 (685 views)
Shortcut

It is just ni the breed. Some howl coz they like it. Some howl when they find something interesting. They howl to alert their family or just plain epressing themselves heheeheh.... vocal dogs. It's like singing to them.

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2006, 7:06 PM

Post #12 of 18 (685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hiyah vvnchow,

Welcome! I own a mix and a lab. One of my neighbour got a beagle. I supposed it is still a puppy. Everytime I walk the furkids and pass by him, he will start to bark-howl or howl-bark. I find the bark-howl funny initially but got used to it now

Hei Kookee,

I think she's an adult as she is quite well behave, never bit anything in my house, seldom bark or howl but sometimes, she bark-howl for nothing as we didn't see anyone outside. Of course, this was supported with her fully develop tooth and paws with a wild guess she's ~2 years old.

I have her by coincidence.

Right before CNY, I was on my way to a shop, saw her head trap with wires and trying very hard to get rid of it at the roadside, I was in a hurry, so I didn't bother to stop my car.

After I finnished with my shopping and found that she still at the roadside, so I stop my car and call her, she refuse to come in the beginning, then I squat down and open my hands, immediately she comes to me happily. Then I open my door , she jump in to my car without fear and followed me home, hehehehe.....

After convincing my parents to keep her, me now still learning how to take care of her and to training her. Me certainly needs help from all the beaglers to provide me their precious experience.

Kookee
Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2006, 4:54 AM

Post #13 of 18 (648 views)
Shortcut

Hi Vivian,

I'm a bit confused as you said earlier on that your beagle was given by a friend. Is this the same beagle you are talking about? Do pardon my ignorance but you also mentioned that you have a mastiff and GR, taken care by a friend, why's that?

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 13, 2006, 7:12 PM

Post #14 of 18 (634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] I am new here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Vivian,

I'm a bit confused as you said earlier on that your beagle was given by a friend. Is this the same beagle you are talking about? Do pardon my ignorance but you also mentioned that you have a mastiff and GR, taken care by a friend, why's that?

Yup the same one. In the beginning, I don't have confidence to convince my parents to adopt the beagle due to the bad experience we had with our first dog, so my friend adopted her. Then I found that the beagle is very calm, stable and so much different with our first dog. So, after approval granted from my parents, my friend agreed to give me the beagle. Very complicated huh BlushBlushBlush

Mastiff and GR were stationed at my friend's house and mainly taken care by my friend, caused my garden is too small for them. Very confusing huh TongueTongueTongue

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 13, 2006, 10:02 PM

Post #15 of 18 (622 views)
Shortcut

If ur garden are small and cannot own a Mastiff & GR why you brought the dogs & ask ur friend to take care?Unsure VERY CONFUSING LAHPirate

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 13, 2006, 10:03 PM

Post #16 of 18 (619 views)
Shortcut

What happen to ur first dog?

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 13, 2006, 10:59 PM

Post #17 of 18 (610 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If ur garden are small and cannot own a Mastiff & GR why you brought the dogs & ask ur friend to take care?Unsure VERY CONFUSING LAHPirate

We both like the dogs so much, who to take care of the dogs doesn't really matter to us, as long as they had a good environment to grow up, the rest is secondary.

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 13, 2006, 11:08 PM

Post #18 of 18 (601 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What happen to ur first dog?

You are forgetful my dear, the dog got lost control and started to bite everyone in the family then, we decided to let him go, that was many years ago.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my