Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?!

coffee_eefee
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2006, 7:57 PM

Post #1 of 11 (3199 views)
Shortcut
How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! Can't Post

My dog will bark on malay n hindu, very fierce type. Pretty friendly and will lying down with chinese n kids. Mad He don't bark unless he saw malays,Crazyeven when he is playing with dogs.
I have saw some dogs that will sing song or "bark once" like answering questions. Sometimes my dog just stare at me when i am talking to him. never answer my questions one. hahaha
anyone know how to ask them to bark? i enjoy it when they braking at me.. like talking with me. does your dog talks to u??
Cheers,
eefee

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2006, 9:04 PM

Post #2 of 11 (3152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee_eefee] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm.. wenever i tink piper's making 2much of noise, i will say "QUIET" n she actuali understds dat her mama tinks dat she nids 2stop Wink . i hv bin doin dat sinz she wz 2 mths old. i guez its all hw u train ur pup w/different tone of voice wen u tok 2her n yeah i tok 2piper evliday, blif mi dey noe wen ur scolding them or tokin2them.

bt i noticed dat piper pays lotsa attention wen i mentioned "mum mum" ekekekke..regardless of wat she is doin at the very moment, she'll guarantee stop @ once!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2006, 3:58 AM

Post #3 of 11 (2997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee_eefee] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

u r interested to teach ur dog bark??

my pacco girl know how to bark by command, but not when i'm asking her question....tat means she is acting like a robot rather than a companionLaugh

1st of all, will ur dog occasionally bark at u......coz some dog will juz never bark at their owner.....so its hard to train them.

if yes, then u could start of by putting ur dog in a restricted place (by the barrier, which he can't come over to u) or tie him up with a leash.

wait for him to settle down, if he is barking excessively or pacing around.

if ur dog is now calm down n focus to u, try to make her bark (by making a fuss of urself i.e. waving his favourite treat or jumping up n down....tat's what i did).....meanwhile saying the command that u want i.e. "bark" or "speak".....n finally ofcoz praise when he manage to bark at you. (ofcoz give treats)

if u could continuously succeeding in making ur dog to bark at you....try to minimize ur body action n work on command only.

as with other tricks training....repeat this few times a day......until he master it...

Happy training!

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

babymiki
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2006, 8:44 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the tip..do u give any hand signals when asking pacco to bark? how do u make him stop barking?

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 14, 2006, 9:14 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

initially i juz gv 'bark' command....then later i gv hand signal....by showing 1 finger, she'll bark once...n 2 fingers, bark twice...

if u had train ur dog to bark by command.....they will bark according 2 d command, not continuously...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Sep 14, 2006, 9:15 PM)

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Sep 19, 2006, 8:02 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there...hav been trying to teach my pup to bark bt to no avail...as she seldom barks...the only time she will bark is when she "answers me back" whn i scold her so i can't reward her for barking right?

the other occasion is whn i start barkin at her then she might reply after me barkin like a mad cow...so guess dats not a good choice to get her to bark as well...

then at times she howls and i howl back at her...first few times she responds...but then after a few times...she lost interest...sigh...

just complainin la...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2006, 9:10 PM

Post #7 of 11 (2575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [megan's diamond] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

howling!! is a good trick, if u manage to train to do tat by command...

i don't think pacco know how to howl...never heard of it b4...

this kind of trick need more time than to teach a dog to simply jump over a hurdle...

next time if u catch ur megan howling, gv a great praise n hand her a treat....

Pacco de Mongrel

babymiki
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2006, 7:01 PM

Post #8 of 11 (2558 views)
Shortcut

wow..Frown pacco's good..hmm..when only will germaine be like pacco? haha anyway do u use hand signals when asking her to sit? sit on two? etc etc

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 22, 2006, 7:34 PM

Post #9 of 11 (2556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

i use a combination of hand signal n command....coz when u did it outdoor in a noisy environment...i don't think they can hear it properly...so hand signal wil b useful....

as for command...our dog recognize d tone instead of d word....so sometimes, they might actually get confused wit too many command....so body languange, facial expression will help...

Pacco de Mongrel

babybenji
Dog Kichi

Sep 22, 2006, 10:16 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [megan's diamond] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there....it is easy if your dog seldom bark. as long as you can get his attention, then there will be much more easy...lately I just tought my GR to count by barking..he is very fast learner....now can count to 3....I tought him in less than 2 weeks... He is also seldom bark....never to outsider, other dogs or other cats..even other animal...it is just one day...when we are inside the house and left him out side in car porch..he then start to bark as us...So when he bark I associate it with "speak" and hand signal...after a few time of getting his attention...he is now able to bark...the main thing is to separate him with you...and then try to get him excited...when he do something...try to associate it with something...from there you may teach him on new tricks or utilise his behaviour...

Benji's Blog
http://babybenji.blogspot.com

babymiki
Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2006, 7:25 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babybenji] How to train my dog to bark? to bark or not to bark?! [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog barks more during heat time..dont know whats wrong with her..maybe she wants attention..howl and bark

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my