First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 6:35 PM

Post #1 of 42 (1949 views)
Shortcut
Dog in air-cond room? Can't Post

Hi All,

I just have a new dog (2 years old female Poodle). My parents are thinking of keeping her in house all the time, and even let her sleeps in room together at night. I'm just wondering can a dog sleep in an air-cond room? Can Poodle stands of cold temperature?

This is my first time having a Poodle. Any tip of taking care a Poodle? Like their common health problem and etc?

Thanks for your advice!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 10:07 PM

Post #2 of 42 (1936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

All my dogs stay inside the house & at night they will sleep in the same room with me with air-cond.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 10:46 PM

Post #3 of 42 (1929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Won't your dogs kacau you while you are sleeping? Tongue Do you prepare any pillow or blanket if your dogs feel cold? Is all your dogs having long fur?

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 11:01 PM

Post #4 of 42 (1924 views)
Shortcut

When I sleep they will sleep and no kacau me & my wife.

All of them have long fur. I usually will turn the air-cond very coolCrazy untill me & my wife sleep also not comfortable. HeheheeLaugh Because afraid of their long coat very hot for them lor.Pirate I brought few doggie bed for them to sleep but at night they will jump up on my bed & sleep without waking us up.Crazy HeheheCool They all very Clever huh untill Me & wife also don't know they are on my bed. But I can feel like the bed is smaller liao.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2006, 12:23 AM

Post #5 of 42 (1917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, your dogs are smart, already well trained by you! Don't know why dog will the same or not.....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2006, 6:07 AM

Post #6 of 42 (1910 views)
Shortcut

My dog also sleep with me. My CKCS sleeps with me in my air con room on my bed as well. She never disturbs me, likes to cuddle next to me and sleep till I wake up. She also quite good, she sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and jump down from the bed to pee on newspaper... So I think you won't have a problem with a poodle in your room.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 14, 2006, 11:20 PM

Post #7 of 42 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Hi shlee.... my dog also sleep with us ... either in my room or my boys room. As he is already 3 years so he wont poo n pee. He got his own bed but you know he is on your bed when suddenly you feel your feet or some part of your body gets warmer n warmer. Usually before dawn he is back on his bed liao as if he has been sleeping there whole night.
Ash is a MS so when we groomed him usually right to his skin we will put on a t shirt for him. He loves the air cond. When they are cold they will know wat to do... snuggle up to you. Hehehe.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2006, 5:57 PM

Post #8 of 42 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

This Poodle was given by my relative, she is already 2 years old. She used to sleep together with her owner last time, but after her owner gave birth to a baby boy, then she is getting jealous especially she was not allowed to sleep in the room anymore. Her fur was just being trimmed, so i'm afraid she will get cold later if letting her sleep in the air cond room. I haven't tried it before, and afraid she will kacau us at night, he he.....maybe need to give her a chance later

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2006, 6:02 PM

Post #9 of 42 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mbless,

I just got a new dog, 2 years old female poodle. She is given by my relative. Because i'm not staying with my parents now, the dog is still not close with me yet. By the way, she is getting closer to my rest of dogs and my parents. Sometimes she wil bark at me while i come and go upstairs. Sigh, she is treating me like a stranger of the house!

If my parents let the dog to sleep in an air cond room, do we need to prepare a dog bed for her? or let her wears a t-shirt?

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jan 17, 2006, 1:50 AM

Post #10 of 42 (1863 views)
Shortcut

Well, I let my border collie in my room with aircond. My collie love the cold air-cond. Poodle should be ok too since they have quite a lot of hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2006, 4:57 AM

Post #11 of 42 (1850 views)
Shortcut

Ohh... that's how it is ah.. well, you no need worry about it getting cold. How short is the fur? Normally poodles will do well in an air con room. dogs love air con room, mine would do anything to get into one heheheh... Try lah, give her a chance and it may be a good way to bond with her.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2006, 5:49 PM

Post #12 of 42 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Ya, my mother is considering to let her sleeps together in air-cond room. Her fur now is very short. She is such an active dog, just afraid she will not sleep quietly for the first few days How many dogs you have now? You let all of them to sleep in air cond room?

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2006, 5:51 PM

Post #13 of 42 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why majority of dogs seem like very enjoy in air cond room at night? I thought dog should jaga house for us at night? Hmm.....dog's responsibility has been changed now, he he.....

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 17, 2006, 11:22 PM

Post #14 of 42 (1816 views)
Shortcut

Ash loves air con room but when his fur was really short he will snuggle very close. So we bought him a t shirt to wear at night. Now that his hair is longer we dont put the tshirt on anymore.... n he goes back to his basket.

Sleep with us in the room lagi better. Can guard better than putting dog outside the house.... after kena poison then robber also can come in.

I can sleep better whn Ash sleeps with my kids. Like he jaga them. hehehe.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #15 of 42 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Hmm.....it's interesting to know that dog likes to sleep with their owner at night and in air cond room. In fact, it was my dream too, but last time my parents don't allow. They said they will dirty our room. But now they themselves are thinking of letting the Poodle to sleep with them

This Poodle was belong to my relative last time. She wasn't allowed to sleep in the air cond room anymore after my relative has a baby boy. Thus, the dog is getting jealous. That's why the dog is given to us now. But she is lucky tough, now she is pampered by my parents especially my father

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 17, 2006, 11:33 PM

Post #16 of 42 (1809 views)
Shortcut

does she look like your Mimi?

Actually if the dog can they will even want to go to toilet with us. Ash will wait outside the toilet door when I am bathing. He is like my shadow. If I am cooking he is in the kitchen under the table. So its very easy to know something is not right when he is not around. It means he is locked up someplace or lost. If we go out he will sit on the sofa n wait till we come back. He wont move from there..... my maid told us. So loyal..... dogs to us... but are we that loyal to them???? Hmmmm......

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2006, 11:43 PM

Post #17 of 42 (1806 views)
Shortcut

Remember my old late shih tzu Willy? He ah.. he loved air con rooms, would scratch the door to be let in but he wouldn't jump on the bed. I place him on the bed also he would jump off. Some dogs just prefer their own beds hahaha...

I still have 4 dogs, latest is a pup my dad gave me 2 months ago.... this pup, she loves to sleep with me, be it on my side or on my tummy... I can't get her off the bed so I just let her sleep with me lah. She has never disturbed me in my sleep.

Only 2 dogs allowed to sleep indoors and 1 in air con coz the other dog, a boxer has a very short coat and air con is a big NO for those dogs...

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2006, 5:24 PM

Post #18 of 42 (1784 views)
Shortcut

She doesn't look like my MiMi. My MiMi is a mixed terrier, whereas this new dog is pure Poodle. Anyway, her fur was just being trimmed, so she is not pretty at all at the moment. The headache thing is she is on heat now. I got 2 male dogs, i'm just afraid the Poodle will get pregnant later which i don't want!

I'm not sure about other dog owners. For me, i'm very loyal to my dogs too. I can't lose one of them. This Poodle likes to follow my father. They always sit on sofa together to watch TV Tongue She also likes to wait for my father while he is taking bath.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2006, 5:35 PM

Post #19 of 42 (1782 views)
Shortcut

What breed is the new pup that your dad give to you? Boxer is too big, if you allowed him to sleep on your bed, then you can't move already, unless your bed is king or queen size

None of my dogs have their own bed before. Perhaps can buy one for my new dog Poodle. Although she already comes to my house for one week, but she is still not close with me yet. She only close to my father. Crazy

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2006, 7:53 PM

Post #20 of 42 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Yes now dogs are precious treasure to their owners. Things has change a lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 18, 2006, 8:55 PM

Post #21 of 42 (1763 views)
Shortcut

Hi shlee... yr poodle have chosen yr father as her leader so follow him everywhere. U can try getting closer to her mayb by taking her for walks n keep taliking to her.
When the fur grow longer then she would look better but that also means more grooming.
Keep her / yr other males seperated lor. I think better to spay her coz accident can happen.
Have fun....... with your new dog.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2006, 9:56 PM

Post #22 of 42 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Dog in air-cond room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, dogs are lucky nowadays if compared to previously. However, some of them is still suffering, like being abused by human and etc.....Pirate

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2006, 10:00 PM

Post #23 of 42 (1749 views)
Shortcut

Aiya, no fun for me with this new dog coz she is still afraid of me. She is trying to hide herself whenever i'm getting closer to her. I always tried to play and talk with her, but still useless. Sometimes she could be a bit friend to me, but sometimes she is like forget who i am. Sigh.....maybe because i'm not staying in the house as it is my parents' house and i'm staying with my in law family.

Just curious to know why dogs' fur need grooming? Why sometimes we need to cut their fur till botak? is it because after trimmed, the new fur will grow prettier?

Ya lor, i also scared now accident will happen! My parents lor, they said they can monitor the situation whereby the Poodle won't get "raped" by my male dogs oh.....don't know true or not.....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2006, 10:34 PM

Post #24 of 42 (1745 views)
Shortcut

He got a cavalier spaniel for me.... sort of a surprise coz I thought maybe another shih tzu or some other small dog.... She is small, damn manja and likes to curl up with me at night.

Yah, boxer really big lah, if he roll on me, I will be like a flat cake hahahah....

You don't really need to buy a bed.... they love old mattresses or soft large pillows... ButI have seen dog beds that are from RM15 to RM80, depends on the material and where you buy. My friend just buys a pet basket and put a large pillow in it. I once saw such a basket in Ikea and I bought it but that was long ago.... now become laundry basket ahahahah....

Dogs will choose who they wanna stick with. Normally the person that manjas them and feels dominant to them.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 18, 2006, 11:30 PM

Post #25 of 42 (1742 views)
Shortcut

Mayb each time u visit give her a treat... then she will b waiting for you lor. She is older liao so more cautious bout stranger.
Usually they shave off hair when they get matted but some shave to maintain breed looks.... like MS but my Ash err... he hippie lor so keep long hair. Not necessary shave botak only can get nicer coat of hair but maintainance very important. For ex if you groom n brush yr dog daily u can pick out ticks (if any) instead of they grow into a family liao only jaga. Also if their skin have any prob you can solve it faster. Plus when u groom your dogs u r building up a relationship with them. They also look better if brush lor like us imagine go out without combing our hair!!! Hahaha. Actually jaga their fur is like how we would jaga our hair
Poodle needs lots of grooming to prevent matting n needs clipping every 2 months (i think). Even short hair dog also need grooming.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my