Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Can use artificial vinegar?

bomberZ

Apr 26, 2003, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 19 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Can use artificial vinegar? Can't Post

hi everybody,

I read from the net that one of the way to stop your dog from doing his biz in the wrong place is that spray it with a combination of 1 part vinegar and 4 part water solution.

I had try that but it doesnt seem to be working very good.

Am I using the wrong type of vinegar? I am using those cheap artificial vinegar. Should i be using natural white vinegar?

thanks.

bomberZ

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 26, 2003, 3:36 AM

Post #2 of 19 (2008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomberZ] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello bomberz,

Does it really work? Do inform me k?

U see, I add some vinegar into cookie's drinking water.My breeder told me it will prevent body odour and clean it's teeth as well.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 26, 2003, 4:23 AM

Post #3 of 19 (2006 views)
Shortcut

hey bomberz,

this is the 1st time I'm hearing this, do let us know if it works... but then again, mocha only do her biz in the garden. (i guess it must be the smell of grass & earth!) Wink

cheers,
minglmy

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 26, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #4 of 19 (2002 views)
Shortcut

hi bomberz,

at home we mix a bottle of disinfectant with water. Whenever he used to do his business at the wrong place...we would scold him immediately and spray disinfectant and leave it there for a few seconds before wiping off.

One thing we did to toilet train him was to wipe his pee on a kitchen towel first and then placing it on the spot where we want him to pee. Then only we clean the spot with disinfectant. Seems to work for us. But it was even better later....I think he picked up the scent of toilet from my older (but missing) dog. Cause now he's doing his business where my first dog used to do! Eliminating the scent so he claims his territory I think! Wink

bomberZ

Apr 28, 2003, 8:01 PM

Post #5 of 19 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi everybody,

it vinegar + water stop your dog from doing biz in certain place? while i am not very sure about that. 1 thing that i knew for sure is that whenever i spary vinegar + water solution on place that my dog does his biz, he will go and sniff at it and then sneezed. So far I had manage to change it biz location from the middle of my car porch to the end of my car porch, nearer to the pipe. This is the action that i had taken.

1)Clean his accident place by wiping it with a piece of old rug and wash the floor with detergant. Spray with solution of vinegar + water (1 part vinegar to 3 part water). Leave it to dry.

2)Now get a cardboard, wrap it with plastic. Put the cardboard at the accident area. btw my dog like to sit/rest on it. so he wont does his biz on the cardboard.

3) Now place the rug that had been use to wipe the pee on the place where i want him to do his biz.

4)Pray and hope for the best.

so do the vinegar + water solution work? I have no idea cos i do some many thing at 1 time.

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 28, 2003, 10:38 PM

Post #6 of 19 (1987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Adam Chooi,
wowww, add vinegar into drinking water?? This is new to me!! Will it work to reduce the body ordor? as I try to bath Trivor twice a week to prevent smell. I try not to use perfume on her as she has dry & sensitive skin. Sometimes she really smells bad. Pls let me know if vinegar will works!! Million thanks!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 28, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #7 of 19 (1987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi trivor,

I'm not sure if it works coz cookie's been drinking it even before i got him(I dunno how smelly can he gets without the vinegar).But he doesn't seems to be very smelly to me compare to other dogs. So i guess it works.

Try not to bathe trivor too much.The most is once a week for a dog.If not their skin will tend to be dry and it will irritate them.I do wish i can bathe cookie more(he likes it),but we've gotta do the right thing.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 29, 2003, 12:32 AM

Post #8 of 19 (1986 views)
Shortcut

hello Adam,
May I know what kinda vinegar you have been feeding him? white or black? Are you getting from local chinese shops? How many drops you have added so far?
I wanna try this out too! Bath once a week, or no, she will get very very smelly, and always scratch herself front and back. So, I usually cannot tahan and drag her for bathing.

Thanks for sharing!!

~ Trivor ~

ally_py

Apr 29, 2003, 1:16 AM

Post #9 of 19 (1984 views)
Shortcut

dear, adam.

the vinegar that u said is it apple cider vinegar? my cousin tould me that's use to keep fit one, is it? ur cookie drink it every day? then, does he looks slim compare with other shih tzu?

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 29, 2003, 3:11 AM

Post #10 of 19 (1983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi trivor,

It's apple cider vinegar i'm feeding cookie. The one i got u can't find at any pharmacy.It's raw and unfiltered.Those at pharmacy r processed.So far,i only can get them from my breeder(subang).

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 29, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #11 of 19 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ally_py] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ally,

Yeah,i was told that it can be use for slimming purposes.But cookie is a fei chai(plum).He eats alot of fruits everyday(From apple to carrot(extract the seeds))

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 29, 2003, 6:09 PM

Post #12 of 19 (1975 views)
Shortcut

wowww, so precious ahhh?Cool

~ Trivor ~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 30, 2003, 4:35 AM

Post #13 of 19 (1965 views)
Shortcut

hey adam,

i didnt know cookie likes to eat fruits. Mine just gives it a sniff and that's abt it but very "wai sek" on all the treats that I gives her... and its not even those meaty type of treats. Crazy

cheers,
minglmy

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 30, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #14 of 19 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Can use artificial vinegar? [In reply to] Can't Post

ming yang,

He likes all kinds of fruits,especially those juicy type.Mom feed him with apple everyday to keep the vet away!LOL

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 30, 2003, 8:54 AM

Post #15 of 19 (1962 views)
Shortcut

yikes, apple too no wonder i like cookie sooo much we both like the same kinda fruit ! hehehe ! if can I will bring one for him at the gathering. must let mocha learn from cookie... she is not a fruit eater at all.

cheers,
minglmy

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 30, 2003, 10:07 AM

Post #16 of 19 (1960 views)
Shortcut

Sure sure sure!!! u can share it with cookie...He can't eat the whole apple by himself u know?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 1, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #17 of 19 (1953 views)
Shortcut

hey adam,

no prob.... just hope that cookie and me will get to share more... hahaha ! I'm getting real attach to him lar.

cheers,
minglmy

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 1, 2003, 9:25 PM

Post #18 of 19 (1952 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Wah! No wonder he's so spoilt. So many ppl sayang him.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 1, 2003, 9:42 PM

Post #19 of 19 (1951 views)
Shortcut

hiya,

cannot help it when he is so cute, adorable and "an angel" when he is around me !

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my