dogs in Islam

simpson
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2006, 11:55 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1841 views)
Shortcut
dogs in Islam Can't Post

Hai dogs lovers,

I'v just found some article about dogs in islam! According to these articles, muslim can actually breed dogs! may be we can let our muslim friends to read this!!

www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

www.scholarofthehouse.org/dinistrandna.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unclean_animals

(Another exception appears to be made by the Bedouin in the case of the Saluki. Salukis are considered the Gift of Allah to his children. They are allowed in the tents and considered special companions. It has been said that the Bedouin will never sell a Saluki, but will give one as a special and precious gift.[17]

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 13, 2006, 5:00 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simpson] dogs in Islam [In reply to] Can't Post

Read your posting and yes it has been very evident that it is not a religious issue but more of a Malay issue. You must also have heard of Afgan Hounds, greyhounds and whippets. I suppose it is very like godess of mercy devotees not eating beef.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 13, 2006, 6:37 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1786 views)
Shortcut

This article was posted before by members of the forum ... but thanks for sharing it again anyhow.

cheers,
minglmy

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 2, 2006, 6:04 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] dogs in Islam [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.usj.com.my/...4941&postcount=6

Another case related to Dogs in Malay...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown
- Pekingese & Lhasa Apso -

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 10, 2006, 4:02 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1502 views)
Shortcut

finally a bumiputera voice out.... i think this could bring d government to take in serious consideration in their action.

i did ask my malay friends b4, about their religion regarding dog issue.

they said that they can have dogs. as long as they avoid contacting their saliva and alwiz keep a good hygiene.

everytime when i went to d public park which non-dog-friendly..

occasionally i did get scolded b4, n usually is by chinese and indian.... not malays...

n they malay hawkers that i usually buy snack from them, will usually ask me 'mana kamu punya anjing?"...when they didn't see me bringing my dogs...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on May 10, 2006, 4:07 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 19, 2006, 4:22 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] dogs in Islam [In reply to] Can't Post

In another hadith, the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, related this story: “While a man was traveling, he felt very thirsty. He found a well and went down to have a drink. When he came out he found a thirsty dog. He said to himself, "This dog is as thirsty as I was." He then went back inside the well and used his shoe to bring out some water for the dog. Allah was pleased with him and forgave his sins because of he had done." [Recorded by Al-Bukhari]

Adapted from The Hadiths

http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith17.htm

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my