Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo??

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2006, 11:11 PM

Post #1 of 21 (1609 views)
Shortcut
How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? Can't Post

Helo All,

Might be moving into condominium soon. I know it is illegal to keep dogs in the premises but is there anyway to do so? Particularly for Bayu Puteri Apmts and Dataran Prima Condo?
Frown Dogs... God's greatest gift Frown

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2006, 4:51 PM

Post #2 of 21 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Helo All,

Might be moving into condominium soon. I know it is illegal to keep dogs in the premises but is there anyway to do so? Particularly for Bayu Puteri Apmts and Dataran Prima Condo?

as long your dog behave well it doesnt matter where u stay...the main thing is ur condo requirement..do they allow you keep a dog...like the condo i brought, i am allow to keep a dog..only one if i am staying from 1-3 floor...

Most ppl still keep their dog inside the condominium...cuz alot of them, keep that their dog well behave..control them when they bark...basically as long your neighbour or your floor mate dont complain you...you will be fine......

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

janthk
Canine Addict

Jan 18, 2006, 3:13 AM

Post #3 of 21 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Catchuah,

I agree with Nicky. I also stay at a Condo. My neighbours are all Chinese and Indians. I mean the ones which are living on the same floor as me. Scruffy has been living with me for close to a year now and so far OK. In fact in my condo, I have seen people bringing their Shit Tsu and MS for walks at the pool side.

As long as people dont complain and your condo is not very strict on dogs then it's fine. But if they are strict then dont attempt to sneak your dog in lah. Cause in the end they will surely find out. Then your dog will be homeless.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 18, 2006, 6:59 PM

Post #4 of 21 (1547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there...

THanks for sharing. I think i will move in to the new place first. survey around the situation and once confirmed it is safe to have dogs in the premises, i will bring Happie back with me. otherwise, i'd rather let my parents have him with them. Do not want him to suffer.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 18, 2006, 7:01 PM

Post #5 of 21 (1547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

helo Nicky..

i will be staying at a highfloor but i forgot to notice if there is a NO PETS ALLOWED sign. and even if my Happie behaves well, but I cant be bringing him out for walk coz the premises do not allow pets rite?

janthk
Canine Addict

Jan 19, 2006, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 21 (1541 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

Yeah I think you have decided to do the right thing. Survey around and get to know your neighbour first. :)

Good luck. I hope you are able to bring Happie home with you. It is always nice to have our furkids as close to us as possible. I cant live without my Scruffy.

If your condo does not allow pets then you can always move to Bukit OUG Condo. That's where I am staying. Wink

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 19, 2006, 2:05 AM

Post #7 of 21 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello..

thanks ! Wink

Bukit OUG ah... too far from my working place. otherwise, i might consider. hehe...

is Scruffy the cutie in ur avatar here?

janthk
Canine Addict

Jan 19, 2006, 9:15 AM

Post #8 of 21 (1526 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm... I lived in OUG for like ages now. And I feel like it is strategically close to everywhere, LaughLaughLaugh

Yes the black dog in my Avartar is Scruffy. Very difficult to take picture of him cause of his colour. Tongue That pic is like the few good ones which i have of him. Hehehe!!

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 19, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #9 of 21 (1518 views)
Shortcut

true enough...it true what u and janice said...survey first before u do anything you will regret...

Cuz so far, i never stay in condo before...i brought the condo just in case when i am old and unwanted Laugh..i still got a condo to stay where ppl jaga my home...plus i can have my dog with me..

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 19, 2006, 5:10 PM

Post #10 of 21 (1515 views)
Shortcut

helooo...

Scruffy looks steady.. Wink

how old is he?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 19, 2006, 9:10 PM

Post #11 of 21 (1510 views)
Shortcut

I think a lot also depends on the Residents' Association if you have one at your property, or individual, anti-dog residents. The Management might be indifferent or shut one eye to dogs but if some residents kick up a stink and take this up with the Management or get the Residents' Association to kick up a stink, then the Management might make life difficult for you and pooch. At the end of the day, the law is still technically against you.

Pangur Bán

janthk
Canine Addict

Jan 19, 2006, 11:29 PM

Post #12 of 21 (1504 views)
Shortcut

Steady? Hahaha! That's the last thing he is. He is one year old. And a super duper hyper dog who cant sit still for even 1 minute. I have to keep thinking up new tricks for him to do or new activities to keep him busy. He is a cocker spaniel mix schnauzer (A Cockzer! Wink) The only time when he stays at one place for a long time is when he is tired and sleeping. And trust me it takes a lot of work to make him tired. Those who knows Scruffy can attest to that. Wink The only time when he is really tired is when I take him out for 1 hour runs, Jungle Tracking or attend some doggy event like the Malaysian K9 Day 2 weeks ago.Tongue

What about Happie? How old is he? He looks really cute. Is he staying with your now or at your parent's place?

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 20, 2006, 12:28 AM

Post #13 of 21 (1493 views)
Shortcut

kekee...

cool breed... cockzer.. hehe...

Happie is 6 mths now.. and he is with my parents because of the ticks problem at my current residence. I call home to talk to him.. well, if only he can respond.. hahahaa! my bf said i shotplug but i miss Happie so much. my parents will call me to let me to listen when Happie plays with his squeaky toys.. hehee...

he is like Scruffy too... cant sit still for one min and the only moment u see him quiet is when he is sleeping. hahaa..

janthk
Canine Addict

Jan 20, 2006, 5:30 PM

Post #14 of 21 (1490 views)
Shortcut

Must be the Cocker Spaniel trait to be hyper active. Eh but kenot be leh. My friend has an English Cocker Spaniel too and his name is Happy alsoSmile. However her Happy is not as hyper as Scruffy. Normally after OB class Happy will be sleeping already but Scruffy still running around non stop. How nice to have a dog who would let the owner rest once in a whileTongue.

Regarding the ticks problems, it does not have to be a problem really. Just apply Frontline Spot On for Medium dogs on your dog's shoulder once a month. It works wonders for Scruffy and I have never seen a single tick on him even though he goes out with me all the time to grassy areas and even for jungle trackking. As for your residence area, just spray with Frontline spray. That way you can have your baby back with you in no time. SmileSmile

Rakan
Novice

Jan 25, 2006, 10:42 PM

Post #15 of 21 (1469 views)
Shortcut
Jungle Trekking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi hi,

talking about Jungle Trekking??!! Where is everybody?? I try to post but cannot post at the event forum. We didn't go for sometime due to the weather and being away for two weeks. But when the weather is good:

LET'S GO OUTSIDE EVERYBODY!! Dogs happy--> we are happy! Good exercise and healthy for the dogs and for us! Let's have some fun!

Hope to see you all Saturday morning at the entrance of Bukit Gasing like before (see forum site EVENTS, JT about how, what and where etc) at 7.30 am (start walking at 7.45)

Rakan & Cindy

c-yee
Novice

Mar 15, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #16 of 21 (1367 views)
Shortcut

hi

i'm staying at a condo too.. every week i got to smuggle my dog in and out of my condo.. actually its quite tiring since my dog is quite plump, its a mini schnauzer. i've been staying at my condo for almost 1 n 1/2 year. at first i received complaint fr the management but my husband told them v will remove our dog if our neighbour complaint... luckily till now no 1 complaint abt my dog, even the guard saw her every now n then. but then u have to make sure ur dog will not bark as to disturb the neighbour. i never bring my dog walking around my condo, she got her exercise only during the visitation to my mom hse every twice per week.

hope u can live with ur dog at ur condo..... btw, i'm staying at mont kiara lah, most of the tenants are foreigner n a few muslim

siberian hushky

Mar 17, 2006, 5:24 AM

Post #17 of 21 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [c-yee] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted a siberian husky 4 a long time but my dad say big dogs are not allowed in so small apartmentsFrown

So sad, Pls give me any plan or advice to prove that huskies are OK in my so small apartmentsFrown
Frown A siberian husky lover Frown

c-yee
Novice

Mar 17, 2006, 7:23 PM

Post #18 of 21 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siberian hushky] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

never saw ppl smuggle big dog in condo wor.... therefore cant help u

but i've heard that ppl do keep big dog in condo, but they never let the dog out loh, they even ask the vet yo their unit if the dog needs medical attention..

but long run dont think it is a good idea since the dog wont have enough space for exercise...

siberian hushky

Mar 17, 2006, 9:30 PM

Post #19 of 21 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [c-yee] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

But my neighbour had a shih tzu and bring him anywhere and anypart of the apartment

c-yee
Novice

Mar 19, 2006, 12:49 AM

Post #20 of 21 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siberian hushky] How to Keep/Sneak Furkids into Apartment/Condo?? [In reply to] Can't Post

since u said ur neighbour can take his dog with him anywhere in the condo, then u shld hv no problem keeping 1 urself.

but u have to take note that ur neighbour own a small dog wherelse u want a big dog

siberian hushky

Mar 19, 2006, 5:00 AM

Post #21 of 21 (1288 views)
Shortcut

But the internet says that Huskies are only meduim-sized dog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my