Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
minpi became spotty

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Jan 11, 2006, 10:52 PM

Post #1 of 3 (767 views)
Shortcut
minpi became spotty Can't Post

hello everybody, need help, my minpi has got white spot on the body(not alot but enough to bother me), has been going on for a while, l hav change food, shampoo n so on, but it didn't help, l even went to the vet abot 6mth ago it didn't help too, n she get smelly 2days aft taking bath, can someone out there give me some advise. thks

me-n-my-million-dollar.blogspot.com

spwong1
Dog Kichi

Jan 16, 2006, 9:42 PM

Post #2 of 3 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deronwoo] minpi became spotty [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello! there!

My girl used to have some spots on her when she was young and her pups got the same problem too. Apparently this is a common problem for minpin. Our regular vet advise was first, prescibed cream to apply on their coat. if it disapear, good!!! else, you'll need to try for cream with added steriod or med to be taken orally and worst scenereo injection. They did prescribe medicated shampoo for her too.

She's about 2 years now & the problem hardly reoccured except when she's under stress. i.e. when she was pregnant. However, we still maintained using medicated shampoo for prevention.

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Jan 17, 2006, 9:38 AM

Post #3 of 3 (726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spwong1] minpi became spotty [In reply to] Can't Post

hello spwong1, thks for reponding to my problem, l don't know whether my mimpi is facing the same problem as yr girl, may l know wat kind of cream am l looking for,wat brand is the medicated shampoo? hav been to the vet(the only one in my town) abot 6mths ago no help at all n is getting worse, maybe u can see the attchment l post in this group under australia silky terrier, thks again

me-n-my-million-dollar.blogspot.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my