Golden Retriever Newbie.....

leecnken
Novice

Jan 9, 2006, 10:48 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3806 views)
Shortcut
Golden Retriever Newbie..... Can't Post

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. That's my puppy "Pierce"... got it on the 26th Dec 2005.... He is a naughty boy... likes to bite people's hand... hmm... He will be 2 months old on the 11th Jan 2006.... seeing him growing up by "sleeping" is amazing... eat, sleep, walk, play, eat, sleep, walk, play... huh... How good if I can be like him but of course as human being larr... kekek...

Regards,

Ken

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2006, 4:05 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecnken] Golden Retriever Newbie..... [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to the forum

yeap it pretty amazing watching ur furkids grow day by day...seeing them grow as if it ur own child is growing

Treasure the time, take alot of picture..u will see how meaningful it will be when they grow up...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2006, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 16 (3751 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hehehe... you got your pup on Boxing day... so nice! Yah, puppy time is really amazing, they grow so fast and in a blink of an eye, sure become an adult. Cherish puppyhood.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2006, 12:32 AM

Post #4 of 16 (3739 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the Forum KenCool

true, puppies do bite when they're little.. it helps build up strong teeth next time..Well, Welcome to the ForumWink

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

coffee_eefee
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2006, 8:48 PM

Post #5 of 16 (3712 views)
Shortcut

I have a GR too, they grow pretty fast!!
remember to take more photossss!! when they are still young!!!!Unsure
cheers,
eefee

Kookee
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #6 of 16 (3710 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ken,

What a puppy you have there *Gush! Gush!*........I do envy you. Remember to take a lot of pix and cherish every moment both of you spend together coz in no time at all, he will be all grown-up!!!!!!

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

scout
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2006, 7:44 PM

Post #7 of 16 (3681 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Ken-Chan Smile

Welcome!!! Yeah I totally agree with everyone... TAKE MORE PICTURES... I took lots and lots of pictures and video clips too! of my dear Scout when he was a growing pup (he's still a puppy now Tongue... a BIG baby).

Scout is 1 year 2 months plus old now... in size he is huge... in the head he's still a baby.

By the way, I'm Grace a.k.a. Scout's Mommy. We live in KL near 1 Utama. Why not introduce yourselves too dear Mommies and Daddies of our furkids?

leansiangyong
New User

Feb 21, 2006, 4:46 PM

Post #8 of 16 (3620 views)
Shortcut

hi ken.

haha, golden is cute , i named my golden "Bobby". bought on 20 of dec 06.. now he is 2 1/2 months old.. wow.. he is growing day by day...did take a lots of pic.. and bobby is too active.... love to bite my hands.. hahaha.but i just love it.

leecnken
Novice

Feb 22, 2006, 8:31 AM

Post #9 of 16 (3605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leansiangyong] Golden Retriever Newbie..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lean...

Welcome to puppy world....Nice meeting you... thanks for dropping by.... btw... where are you staying... we might catch up one day...
do drop me an email if you saw my posting...

sean

Feb 23, 2006, 10:54 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3590 views)
Shortcut

Hi there... welcome to golden group..

Golden really grows very fast.... Ur golden seen very big bone and good looking.... congrats that u got a pretty GR.
Is ur golden good at pee n poo trainiing already?

do share more pics of ur doggie with us.

Cheers.

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

leecnken
Novice

May 19, 2008, 6:26 PM

Post #11 of 16 (3424 views)
Shortcut

All.... my beloved Pierce just passed away early this morning..... Seriously.. seeing him suffered... I feel bad...aiiii.... anyway.... do appreciate every moment you have with him....

Pierce ( Golden Retriever - American Line ) ( 11/11/2005 ~ 19/05/2008)

:(

hammy
Enthusiast

May 19, 2008, 9:30 PM

Post #12 of 16 (3421 views)
Shortcut

i'm so sorry to hear dat... wat happened actually???

leecnken
Novice

May 20, 2008, 1:13 AM

Post #13 of 16 (3410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Golden Retriever Newbie..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Apparently Pierce was staying with my parent in Seremban and most of the time I will be back to my hometown every week to be with him.

On 14/5/2008, while my father bathing him, he found that his testical have a big hole and he bring him to see Vet right away.... Dr taken out 30 maggot out of the testical hole and prescribed him with Bayer Negasunt power to kill and stop if there is still egg or tiny little maggot. As per stated in the Bayer's bottle - Negasunt is POISON.

So, came back to Vet.... my father apply Negasunt to Pierce's wound, most probably due to itchy or discomfort, Pierce keep licking the wound....

Thursday ( 15/5/2008 ), there are nothing special with Pierce. On Friday, during lunch as usual, my mum will call up Pierce and to say "Hi" to him and to give him some snack. That time, Pierce was exhausted and my mum found that his tongue was turning into purple ( not sure why this is happening ) and my parents once again bring him to Vets. This time, Vet did blood test and found that the Oxygen in his blood is low and give him a jab to so-called "Open up his lung" slowly my parents drive him back to my house.

That evening, while I am on my way back from KL to Seremban, my father told my wife Pierce incident without telling us the second incident as he don't want us to worry about Pierce. Upon reaching home, I saw Pierce lying on the floor which is totally different like what he used to be where he will definately wagging his tail and waiting for me happily and this time he is lying on the car porch.

When I go near him, and surprisingly he opened up his leg and he seemed like telling me.... "Papa.... something hurts me".... So.... straight away I sayang him and tell him not to worry as this "small matter" and he sound be OKAY... He cannot walk for long as his injuries which just right under his leg and he will need to sit or lying down most of the time and that night, I gave him medicine and some bread.

The next day morning, as usual I woke up as usual around 7 something to bring him to walk... Pierce doesn't have the interest to walk.... so after he finished his "business" he straight away head towards my house car's porch... Tried to served him kaya bread as breakfast but he doesnt seemed have the appetite to eat.... so have to force him lor.... opened up his mouth and found that there are few "ULSER" spotted in his tongue.... 2 of them is kinda big spot.... by seeing so, bring him to see Vets again.... Dr suspect Pierce taken something that causes the ulser.... Dr gave him 2 more jabs... one to prevent him from further throwing out and another one is for the ulser and bought him a can of science diet can food which is kinda watery to feed him...

That nite, he is kind of stick to us... not sure why but we try our best to pampered him and sayang him.... He keep on going near to my wife and he seemed like want my wife to "sayang" him alot....

Sunday morning as usual... woke up at 8 something and my father get my assistance to feed Pierce as he don't want to eat... so force him lor... but after second piece of bread which soak with sweetened milk he throw out bread with some yellowish coloured liquid.... I suspect that was "Wong Tam Sui".

So, since he don't want to eat the bread, I try to feed him the can food.... when think of this... my tears started dropping... Pierce... Ken really missed you arr... and hope to play with you ....

After feeding him with the can food, he started to walk around... but his leg was shivering... and right infront of the... he collapsed!!! I cried out loud while my wife going to wake up my sister to bring Pierce to see Vets. On the way to Clinic.... my keep crying as it was really heart pain seeing Pierce collapsed in front of me...aiii.... aiii....

While in the Vets, Dr did blood test and suspect Pierce was infected with Jaundis or getting poison and Dr. advised us to get Pierce to have "dripping" and after that we sent the sample blood to "PATH LAB" in the town... after that, we go for breakfast.... then we back to Clinic to see how's pierce.

Upon reaching the clinic @ 11 something, Dr told us Pierce is not in good condition, he was poisoned and both reading index for liver and kidney was on the high side.... then we proceed to the place where Pierce was kept.... by seeing him lying on the floor.... all of us cried....we know his is not in good condition....then we left.... before we left, Dr told us some sample cases where there are dog that survived to cheers us up.

Since we get to know that the clinic that closed @ 1400 hrs... we go back and take a rest and again we reached the Clinic before 2pm on Sunday... by seeing him lying on the floor.... I seriously cannot stand anymore and my tears dropped again.... before we leave, I whisper to Pierce by telling him.... "Pierce, Ken will come to see you again tomorrow... I promised.... and you must fight!!"

Whole night, my mind keep thinking how's pierce.... is he okay? Do he used to the place that he is caged? Will he be alright....

Until this morning, while we are in the midst of preparing ourself to visit Pierce.... we got a call from Vets.... and the Dr told us... Pierce passed away....

My parents keep stopping us to visit Pierce as they know we will cried... but at the end I insist to go to keep my promised... but the only different is Pierce is no longer alive...

But one thing is that.... we realise Pierce didn't die suffering..... as he position does not show he suffered before he passed away...

hourus
Novice

May 20, 2008, 7:23 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3386 views)
Shortcut

Unimpressed goshhh, NEGASUNT is the culprit, should have put a neck restrainer around pierce's neck to prevent him from licking the wound which has negasunt Unsure what is done cannot be undone, my deepest condolence to you and your family, may the people above bless Pierce.
@!x

leecnken
Novice

May 20, 2008, 3:47 PM

Post #15 of 16 (3368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hourus] Golden Retriever Newbie..... [In reply to] Can't Post

All,

Usually... I will bring Pierce out for a walk and then before I leave I will inform Pierce that "Pierce, Ken need to go back to KL to work and will coming back on Friday" and while we leaving, he definately looks very sad.... and since my hometown house in a corner lot.... he will definately run towards the end and look at my car passing by him...and I will of course slow down and say good bye to him...

Yesterday.... while leaving my house, I can't do the same anymore.... aiiii.... tears will automatically dropped when I think about the past....

Anyway.... Thanks for all your concern and I really appreaciate that...

To my beloved Pierce.... Ken, Hoong and my family members really missed you alot arr..... We always love you....

Regards,
Ken

sleeping beauty
Novice

Jun 15, 2008, 10:07 PM

Post #16 of 16 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ken, deepest condolence to your family. Really feeling so sad to him.

I'm having a St bernard named kenji. Kenji experience the same injury as your GR but his wound was on his leg. I was also so worried when I sent him to the vet. after the vet cleaned up his wound, he fixed a neck restrainer on kenji's neck to prevent him to lick his wound after applying the med as the med is POISON. My kenji fuly recovered in 1 weeks time

I think the vet you attended should bear the responsibility of your GR incident as he should fixed the neck restrainer to him at the first place. But he didn't... which resulted your GR got poisoned. But anyhow, things cannot be undone. but i advice u to visit other vets in future.
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my