First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

babyeskimo
Novice

Jan 7, 2006, 3:02 AM

Post #1 of 29 (11339 views)
Shortcut
Buy Range of KONG toys? Can't Post

Hi,

Is there anywhere that sells a good range of Kong toys? I see so many types online but cannot find any/good selection in stores.

THANKS!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 17, 2006, 3:47 AM

Post #2 of 29 (11173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyeskimo] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

petswonderland in mid valley has it....but to me its too expensive for juz a rubber toy....n worst of all....after spending about RM40 (after discount summore) buying one....my dog don't even know how to get those food out.....n she get mad at me....Crazy

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 26, 2006, 7:35 AM

Post #3 of 29 (11147 views)
Shortcut

where are u from ?

In PJ there is 1 in Tmn Megah

cheers,
minglmy

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 11, 2006, 1:06 AM

Post #4 of 29 (10777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw some Kong toys before.. Not so expensive here in JB.. Juz wondering how the toys works.. Izit by chewing the rubber toy then the food inside will drop out? My shih tzu juz started to grow teeth.. I doubt he will be able to force the food out from the Kong Crazy

-------------------------------------------------
Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^
-------------------------------------------------

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2006, 5:27 PM

Post #5 of 29 (10771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

u shld look for d smaller n less tough 1 for ur shih tzu....

d aim is to keep ur dog occupied by stuffing d food inside d hole....

so ur dog will spent hours working on it...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

kaychia

Oct 12, 2006, 1:46 AM

Post #6 of 29 (10764 views)
Shortcut

Hi!,

I just got one for my Caesar. He loves it very much. We got him the type for large breed puppy and the rubber is softer from the big ones for adult dogs. Got it at pets wonderland midvalley. You need to get the suitable one for him coz if it is too hard, then it is tough for him to get the food out and he will lose interest quickly. Normally, I will put his stick treats or the purina bacon in between the rubber teeth. Also put some of his kibbles inside the hole and seal it with peanut butter.

When he first start to play, he dunno how to get the food but the smell is very tempting so he will try many many times. We also help him la...make it easier to come out so that he will get excited. Now, he can get the food out very quickly. So, we make it slightly tougher to take out.

It is really good as it helps him to work for the treat and spend time. Also, myh Caesar is teething now. He got plenty of toys to bite so he won't bite our shoes. Hahaah...

chiatsueyhorng
Novice

Nov 2, 2006, 11:55 PM

Post #7 of 29 (10738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaychia] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi KayChia,

How old is Caeser? Which KONG did you get him? I get Hugo (my 10-weeks-old Silky Terrier) a spaceship kong for puppy (red), so far so good but he can easily get the treats out, fortunately he enjoy biting on it even if there is no treat inside. Planning to get him a second one, partly because I enjoy seeing him play also, any recommendation?

Hugo's mum

kaychia

Nov 3, 2006, 1:12 AM

Post #8 of 29 (10733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chiatsueyhorng] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueActually, I dunno wat's the name lar coz I just go Pets Wonderland and look for the Kong for hte large breed puppy one. It is cylindrical shape with rubber teeth along the bodyline. There is a small hole in the middle of the cylinder. Can see through from one end to the other. And it is green in colour. I also saw the red version.

The Kong that you get your boy izzit the round type? I didn't get the round one coz I feel that it will not be able to grip the feed and It will make the whole place messy when all the treats pour out from the whole after he finish licking the peanut butter. The one I have has a better gripas the rubber teeth can hold on to the treats. He will need to work harder to get the food and think how to get out from in between the teeth.

Maybe you can go look in the pets wonderland but a note, thoug. The one I get is for the large breed one. Your silky is small breed dunno suitable or not wor...coz I think small breed the mouth smaller right? Is the teeth smaller also? For smaller breed one I see most of them in the market are round type.

Anyway, you can go and check it out.

kaychia

Nov 3, 2006, 1:18 AM

Post #9 of 29 (10731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chiatsueyhorng] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueForget to mention. My Caesar is 14 weeks now and it is a male Golden. Feel so proud to have him as I think he is the handsomest golden in the world...er..hehe...should be in my heart. Hahaha.....BlushBlushBlush

goofydip
Veteran

Dec 22, 2006, 2:05 AM

Post #10 of 29 (10684 views)
Shortcut

is there any ipoh friends here know where can i get KONG toys in ipoh? i can't find here la..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

kaychia

Dec 22, 2006, 6:36 PM

Post #11 of 29 (10682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ipoh dun have big big pet shop? Something like the pets wonderland type? I am not sure about Ipoh as I am not Ipoh ppl. But maybe our fellow formers from Ipoh can help you out.

goofydip
Veteran

Dec 22, 2006, 7:03 PM

Post #12 of 29 (10681 views)
Shortcut

no la....i hope to get a KONG toy to make my Goofy busy when i'm busy ma...hahaha

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jan 3, 2007, 1:08 AM

Post #13 of 29 (10660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

don't underestimate the determination of ur doggy to get to the food stuffed into the Kong. when i 1st started my pup with her Kong toy, i js put a few small pieces in there so it was quite easy for her to get to treats out. Then it got too easy for her (js within a week), so i mix the treats with a little peanut butter to make it sticky and won't fall out so easily. Now after 2 months, even if i stuff the Kong full and more compact, she can dislodge all the treats inside within 10 mins. And i tot it was suppose to keep her busy for hours. hehe...

Anyway, can go check out www.caninecaregroup.org for suggestions of Kong stuffing.

antcheah
Novice

Jan 4, 2007, 7:49 PM

Post #14 of 29 (10643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wibbly] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

I didnt get a KONG Toy.. but i did bought something similar. Some ball to put the treat in. I am wondering will we over feed our dogs because of them eating too much treats.. I only let "Osborne" play with the toy with food inside ever few days..not everyday.

mykiko

Jan 5, 2007, 12:29 AM

Post #15 of 29 (10640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

The pet shop in PJ called The Pet Family is it? Any idea the curve pet safari selling kong toys ar?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 6:05 PM

Post #16 of 29 (10633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

yup..pet safari sells kong toys too..bought kong toy for sasha there....

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Jan 5, 2007, 6:36 PM

Post #17 of 29 (10631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Yeah..... then i can go there buy for my Kiko liow... Thank you

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2007, 5:13 PM

Post #18 of 29 (10624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [antcheah] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

antcheah,

js reduce ur puppy's meal portion accordingly, if not up pup may become overweight lor.

mykiko,

i saw that Petsworld in Midvalley has a wide range of Kong toys to choose from, u can check it out.

antcheah
Novice

Jan 8, 2007, 5:55 PM

Post #19 of 29 (10622 views)
Shortcut

hehehe..

Osborne getting fatter!!

anyway i dont use treat for the toy. Also Osborne does not eat biscuits. So i stuff only his food into it and also using his food "Science Plan" for training.

Is it normal that a dog doesnt take treat? doesnt eat doggie biscuits..doesnt eat dog cakes ??? my brother's dog..beagle.. she makan everything that she can find. and search for food via smell. Osborne via sight...

mykiko

Jan 8, 2007, 11:38 PM

Post #20 of 29 (10618 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

I went to The Pet Safari at the curve last weekend, the kong toys that they are selling there is different than how you all describe ler! Only have one hole in the middle to put biscuit. I bought another one instead but the problem is once i put the snack in, Kiko will play with it and the snack will drop out within second. Waste my money alreadyUnsure Maybe should put bigger snack.

Or maybe other better kong toys are all sold out already....

Any more suggestion?

nowiuh
Novice

Jan 9, 2007, 5:19 PM

Post #21 of 29 (10614 views)
Shortcut

Hi goofydip,

I saw some at Pretty Pets yesterday. Hope this helps!

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2007, 7:13 PM

Post #22 of 29 (10608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [antcheah] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol..Every doggy have different character, maybe Osbourne is more picky abt his treats. My Coffee is also the type that will inhale everything in sight indiscriminately. So i gotta be careful how much i feed her or else she may become a fatty. Tongue

mykiko,

The Kong i bought for Coffee is the type with js one hole in the middle. I think we're suppose to stuff it full so that our doggy will have to 'hunt' for their food n try to figure out how to get the food out, this is to stimulate them mentally. U can use different size treats or when it gets easy for them to dislodge the treats, add some peanut butter or cheese. There are lots of ideas for different Kong stuffing in this website www.caninecaregroup.net , can even freeze it or microwave it to melt the cheese inside (all this to make it harder for ur doggy to get to the food). If u'r worried about ur doggy putting on weight, js adjust the amount of food u give her during mealtimes n incorporate her food in the Kong toy so that she can still get her nutrients sufficiently.Wink

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 10, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #23 of 29 (10599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nowiuh] Buy Range of KONG toys? [In reply to] Can't Post

yo...thanks!!got it yesterday!! u staying ipoh too?

nowiuh
Novice

Jan 10, 2007, 10:53 PM

Post #24 of 29 (10598 views)
Shortcut

Hi goofydip,

Yes, I am staying in Ipoh. However, I bought my kong in KL while visiting friends there. Laugh

KL pet store has more choice and selection. I was very tempted to grab a lot of stuff for my doggy but end up buying a little only as I was taking public transport home. If not, I would be dragging lots of luggage all over Puduraya .

My doggy don't play with his kong unless there is some treats inside. Crazy I usually put some dog biscuits, ice cubes or slices of banana inside. It is very fun watching him trying to get his treats out.

mykiko

Jan 12, 2007, 12:39 AM

Post #25 of 29 (10588 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Thank you. Guess i need to squeezeeeee more times to look for a suitable kong toys for my Kiko... hopefully dont buy wrong toys again, as the toys are not cheap u know...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my