Trying to get a Maltese mix Terrier pup

Craze
Novice

Jan 2, 2006, 4:28 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1128 views)
Shortcut
Trying to get a Maltese mix Terrier pup Can't Post

Hi all,

My 10-year old Maltese mix Terrier passed away recently and we're trying to look for an identical dog. Unfortunately the pet shops we visited don't sell cross breeds, and so far we've only seen Malteses, so we are thinking of contacting breeders if they are able to get a breed for us (any contacts will be much appreciated.)

Meanwhile, a pet shop owner suggested that we get a poodle, Maltese or Shih Tsu as they are low maintanence dog. We personallyl don't mind Maltese but heard that Shih Tsus shed a lot of fur.

Here is a picture of my dog-

Any help will be much appreciated. Smile

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 2, 2006, 4:48 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Craze] Trying to get a Maltese mix Terrier pup [In reply to] Can't Post

"A pet shop owner suggested that we get a poodle, Maltese or Shih Tsu as they are low maintanence dog."

Just wanted to correct the above statement make by the petshop owner. Poodle, Maltese or Shih Tsu is hight maintanence dog. They need special attention on their coat and require daily grooming.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 2, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1110 views)
Shortcut

Hey there Craze, Smile

IMO,Chris is right. The breeds u mentioned do require extra attention for their coat..but I think u are used to it perhaps? Ur dog seems to hv a pretty long coat as well.

If I'm not mistaken poodles shed little to no hair though.

I have a little poodle shih tzu cross myself. I got lucky,he does not shed fur. As for coat maintanence..well,m abit of a bum when it comes to grooming so he is clipped Sly
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Attachments: Zoodle1.JPG (47.2 KB)

Craze
Novice

Jan 3, 2006, 1:42 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Trying to get a Maltese mix Terrier pup [In reply to] Can't Post

Oops, guess the pet owner got all her facts mixed up I guess. She had a 2 Malteses and a poodle in her shop and she showed them, she said she didn't have time to groom them daily and the fur will not get mattered.

RD: Yeah my dog had quite a long coat, but after we sent him for a total haircut (he returned bald Cool) his fur grown quite well ever since and required little grooming. Your pup looks cute with the clippings

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1094 views)
Shortcut

She showed Maltese? What's her name?

There are not many ppl showing Maltese in Malaysia I might know her.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2006, 10:37 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1090 views)
Shortcut

Hey Craze,

Thanks for the complimet Cool That's how lil Zoodle steals everyone's hearts.

Good luck with your search. I myself prefer mix breeds for pets Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Craze
Novice

Feb 1, 2006, 5:55 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Trying to get a Maltese mix Terrier pup [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply.

The lady has a shop in SS15...House of Groomers is the name of the shop if I'm not mistaken. I don't really like her attitude as she wants people who buys from her to return to her shop for grooming etc (and some bring them weekly!) It's too costly to send your pet for a weekly grooming IMO, more so when per session costs about $80.

I just saw a Bichon Frise in Pets Wonderland 1U, it was really adorable! But the price's really expensive..$3288 cause it's imported from Australia...would appreciate it if anyone has contacts of breeders for Bichon Frises.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2006, 5:03 PM

Post #8 of 8 (981 views)
Shortcut

oh.. i know the lady u mentioned, she has nice maltese, even champion ones.

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my