Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

weweboi2002
Novice

Dec 30, 2005, 4:16 AM

Post #1 of 27 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ Can't Post

please, urgent as chinese new year is around the corner.....i got 2 kids need to be taken care:( i so worry how...

katina
Novice

Jan 6, 2006, 7:01 PM

Post #2 of 27 (2925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weweboi2002] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hei there, I have a beautiful 2 year old labrador who needs boarding during CNY as well. I have never left her alone before so I too am very anxious to place her in a nice place where she will hopefully feel as if she is on vacation. I have found 2 places which sounded quite suitable for my baby but have yet to physically go visit the place. Both have got big cages for her to stay in and large area for running. If you tell me what kind of dog you have and what are her needs maybe I can let you know if these places are suitable for you. I plan to visit them sometime early next week. Thanks.

Also, if anyone of you out there know of any good places for my baby to stay in, do let me know. Ideally, I hope to find a dog loving family who would not mind taking care of my playful baby for about 8 days. Of course, I intend to pay them. My Trixie is used to and likes being around people. She sleeps in her crate inside my house at night but is allowed to roam my home in the day time. She does not ease herself indoors but does her business twice a day outdoors.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2006, 9:23 PM

Post #3 of 27 (2916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [katina] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

I know a vet in Puchong that have good boarding service. You can find out there 0 1 2 2 1 4 2 3 8 8. Call there and find out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

katina
Novice

Jan 7, 2006, 12:07 AM

Post #4 of 27 (2887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hei there! Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know, most vets keep the dogs in cages practically the whole day. Some claim to walk them twice a day but I understand in many cases they are not properly walked especially during rainy season. I was told that at times these dogs are expected to ease themselves in their cages. I cannot imagine letting my baby go through that. She is a very clean dog.

Have you actually board your dog there before? Is yours a big dog or a small one? Where about in Puchong is it?

Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 7, 2006, 12:49 AM

Post #5 of 27 (2886 views)
Shortcut

Is Sri hastamas area convenient to you?

There is 1 petshop offer boarding there. Very clean place and responsible ppl there. But you need to booking in advance, also your dog must free of ticks & fleas, plus ur dog must have all the vaccination up to date.

If you interested please let me know. I give you the contact numberWink

katina
Novice

Jan 7, 2006, 1:26 AM

Post #6 of 27 (2879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Chris

Many thanks for reply. I think Sri Hartamas may not be too far but have to get hubby to send me there.

Can you please give me the contact person, tel number and address? My baby is clean and vaccinated.

Thanks

Yugi-o
New User

Jan 7, 2006, 5:19 PM

Post #7 of 27 (2859 views)
Shortcut

Hi Katina,

I just read abt you looking for boarding that give your dog freedo to run around :) in PJ area. I've also looking for one boarding like that and after asking around finallly I found one that is quite good and I am takingmy dogfor boarding there this CNY too.

Ifyou are interested to ask more, pls call 0 1 6 9 0 4 6 2 9 9 that will be good. Otherwise you can email to me at scopeedoo @ h o t m a i l. c o m

See ya!

(This post was edited by Yugi-o on Jan 7, 2006, 5:25 PM)

katina
Novice

Jan 7, 2006, 9:08 PM

Post #8 of 27 (2842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yugi-o] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Yugi

Thank you for your reply. I cannot seem to get through to the tel number which you have given me.

Can you please give me more detail about the boarding home? Address, contact person and number. You said you will be putting your dog there this CNY. What kind of dog do you have? Have you actually gone to see the place with your doggy?

Thanks again.

gllow
New User

Jan 8, 2006, 6:40 AM

Post #9 of 27 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Hi Katina. I have a year-old Miniature Schnauzer and am also looking for a place for to board my dog this Chinese New Year. Could you share some of your findings with me as well?

I will be away for about two weeks and live in Sri Hartamas. (Can the person who mentioned the pet shop in Hartamas send me a message with more information on the shop? Katina-I can easily check out the place this week and will describe the place for you.)

In the past, I boarded her at a vet but have not been satisfied with the service there.

My dog gets complete roaming rights around my apartment so I would really like a place where my dog will not be confined in a cage, and will get to socialize with other dogs (I'm not one of those dog owners who has hang-ups about bites, scratches or other minor injuries).

If anyone else knows of a good place, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Gabrielle

pkheng
Novice

Jan 8, 2006, 9:51 PM

Post #10 of 27 (2802 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chris,

Do you have the contact for the pet shop u mentioned in Sri Hartamas ? My email is henghpk@yahoo.com

katina
Novice

Jan 8, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #11 of 27 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gllow] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Gabrielle

I spoke to one Ms Regina 01-2036455 of Esurtep Pet Station. She is a breader and trains dogs and seems to me like someone who really loves dogs. She has 2 locations - one in Kota Damansara and another is her residence in Sec14. I will be meeting up with her on Tues to look over her place. She told me that she would allow my lab freedom in her Sec 14 home and she would not be caged the whole day. Perhaps you can give her a call. I am not sure whether she keeps the big and small dogs together or whether she is as good as she sounds. If you visit her place before me, perhaps you let me know what you think. Thanks.

Katina

gllow
New User

Jan 9, 2006, 1:14 AM

Post #12 of 27 (2790 views)
Shortcut

Katina - just learnt of a place called Mama dog home boarding (you can google it to view the website). Sounds promising but it is located in Cheras so I'm not sure if it's convenient for you. I will be checking it out on Tuesday; we can exchange findings after our respective visits.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #13 of 27 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pkheng] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply.

You can call the shop owner name "Angie" at 012-2978145 or Petshop name "D'paw" at 03-23002208.

Hope this help.

katina
Novice

Jan 9, 2006, 5:11 PM

Post #14 of 27 (2762 views)
Shortcut

Great. I have heard that name mentioned in this forum before but failed to google it up. (he-he... I am not very computer savvy) Do let me know your findings.

Thanks

katina
Novice

Jan 9, 2006, 5:13 PM

Post #15 of 27 (2761 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Chris. Will give her a call soon.

katina
Novice

Jan 9, 2006, 5:55 PM

Post #16 of 27 (2755 views)
Shortcut

Dear Gabrielle

Just managed to google mamadog. The place sounds great and I envy their dogs. However that part of Cheras is really very far away from here so I don't think my hubby will agree to that place. Thanks anyway but I would still like to hear from you about that place if you like to tell me...

Katina

weweboi2002
Novice

Jan 9, 2006, 6:45 PM

Post #17 of 27 (2742 views)
Shortcut

gosh, so long never check the msg, sorry was away, sigh damn busy...

seems like katina more active here...hows katina ur researcH????

mind to share with me???

012 3344983

i got 2 kids...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2006, 8:29 PM

Post #18 of 27 (2733 views)
Shortcut

Well yes I board my dog before over there is not bad. You can call 012-214388 to find out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

katina
Novice

Jan 10, 2006, 7:31 AM

Post #19 of 27 (2703 views)
Shortcut

Hei there, will be going to several boarding places tomorrow. Will update all you guys once I firm up a place for my baby. To all those who have given me help in any way, many thanks. It is so nice to communicate with fellow canine lovers.

weweboi2002
Novice

Jan 11, 2006, 9:23 PM

Post #20 of 27 (2680 views)
Shortcut

thanks so much!!!@@@@@@C@@@DDDD@@@@@@@@

katina
Novice

Jan 12, 2006, 5:32 PM

Post #21 of 27 (2656 views)
Shortcut

Hei again. Just thought I update you on my findings. I have finally decided to board my dog with a family (no kids) in Sec 14. She gets free roaming inside the house (single storey endlot) itself and get walked twice a day. The owners have 2 friendly grown dogs - a german and a mix & a 3 month old german puppy. The lady, Regina seems like a really nice person and she and her parents are dog lovers. I believe my baby will be happy there. Also she runs another boarding place (a large Semi-D) at Kota Damansara which is currently at the tail-end of renovation. I have not gone to see this place though. She assures me that there is plenty outdoor running place there and renovation will complete soon. Charges are RM30 per day all inclusive. Regina also arranges for pick up and return of your dogs at RM20 (in PJ) per trip so this is convenient for those like me, who does not like driving. Chris's contact in Sri Hartamas seems like a nice lady too but she charges RM40 per day and the dogs are kept inside her shop though she assures that they are walked. A few other pet shops I enquired keep the dogs inside cages most of the time and they charge between RM30-RM40 per day with an additional surcharge of RM10-RM20 for eve and public holidays. Puchong and Cheras seem a little far for me so I will not consider these places unless as a last resort.

I hope I have made the right choice. If anyone out there have heard of Regina's service (Esurtep) and have complaints about her, do let me know please. Many thanks.

Katina

gllow
New User

Jan 13, 2006, 6:43 AM

Post #22 of 27 (2638 views)
Shortcut

I guess we are spoiled for choice now...here I was thinking that there is a dearth of quality dog accomodation.

Mamadog Home Boarding at Cheras (for anyone who is interested you can google it) is, as its name makes clear, a service that allows you to board your dog in a home environment. The dogs are allowed to roam around the house, under supervision, throughout most of the day; when they have to be left alone, they are kept in rooms with dogs of the same sex (and size, I think). The dogs are walked twice a day. The lady who runs this, Lennie, screens the dogs before they are allowed to board at her place, looking out for things like health, temperament, etc. She has four of her own dogs and often takes at least as many boarders during the holiday season. It costs RM 35 per day, with surcharges on eves and public holidays, as well as after hours pick-up (food not included). Based on my visit, which lasted about an hour, she seems to me to be very meticulous as well as very experienced and knowledgable when it comes to dogs.

I've boarded my dog at a vet and a pet shop before. While home boarding may cost more, I think it's well worth considering-you get to know that your dog is in responsible hands.

Kookee
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2006, 7:20 PM

Post #23 of 27 (2536 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I guess we are spoiled for choice now...here I was thinking that there is a dearth of quality dog accomodation.

Home Boarding at Cheras (for anyone who is interested you can google it) is, as its name makes clear, a service that allows you to board your dog in a home environment. The dogs are allowed to roam around the house, under supervision, throughout most of the day; when they have to be left alone, they are kept in rooms with dogs of the same sex (and size, I think). The dogs are walked twice a day. The lady who runs this, Lennie, screens the dogs before they are allowed to board at her place, looking out for things like health, temperament, etc. She has four of her own dogs and often takes at least as many boarders during the holiday season. It costs RM 35 per day, with surcharges on eves and public holidays, as well as after hours pick-up (food not included). Based on my visit, which lasted about an hour, she seems to me to be very meticulous as well as very experienced and knowledgable when it comes to dogs.

I've boarded my dog at a vet and a pet shop before. While home boarding may cost more, I think it's well worth considering-you get to know that your dog is in responsible hands.

Heyah everybody,

I'm new here. I have personally tried out 'mamadog' home visit service and it was ok. Will be using her again this coming CNY. By the way, her website is

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

Rakan
Novice

Jan 25, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #24 of 27 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi hi all,

might be a bit far away (we live in KL centre) , but I think it's worth the drive.. Rakan will be so unhappy being locked up in a cage all day. He will think we send him away for punishment. At Lennie's place he is happy. Lennie, Adrian and there own 4 dogs look after him well. The play, cuddle, walk and chat with him. He is happy there, so I am happy!

Good luck and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Cindy

estangor
Novice

Jan 29, 2006, 5:26 PM

Post #25 of 27 (2457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yugi-o] Any nice dog boarding-house in PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so sorry I've not been keeping up with this website to have given all you guys some more input. I have actually used the facilities listed with the phone number given #016-9046299. I boarded both my golden retrievers, Abby (almost 8yrs.old) and Nutmeg (11 mos.old) for 2 1/2 weeks over Christmas. About the only negative I could give would be your dog(s) may come home so spoiled as to want to go back for a return visit! Neither of my girls have been particularly fond of cars and since that time, Abby has tried to get in the car twice to go back for a visit! Initially, your dog will be confined for safety. Then, slowly introduced to the pack of the owner's dogs and any guest dogs. If yours is a social dog, or can learn to be a social dog, he/she will then have lots of freedom in various enclosures, a large side garden for lots of romping and playing and even get access to the wet kitchen inside the house! The owner also makes his own dog food (a concoction of lamb, rice, barley, veggies, etc.) Smells heavenly and the dogs love it. I wanted my girls to keep on their normal diet of Eukanuba, but they did get a special treat of homemade every so often and especially on Christmas day! They are given a daily report (I even got several SMS messages and a couple of e-mails too!), lots of pictures of them taken and sent home with them, and even a trip to the vet if the owner feels it is warranted. He actually discovered a sebaceous cysts near Nutmeg's anus (I already knew of it and was just taking a wait and see attitude) and took her to the vet who also gave the "let's wait and see" response. The cyst has since disappeared on its own. But, that's showing great care in my book!

The facilities are located in Subang Jaya; yeah I know, you're thinking "not close", but amazingly enough from Ampang only about 25 minutes. I do feel it is worth it if you don't want to have your dog(s) confined without love and attention. They will definitely get plenty of both here!

Sorry this was too late to help anyone with Chinese New Year, but do keep it in mind for that next trip you take somewhere. I think you'll be happy! That Crazy Dog Lady
That Crazy Dog Lady!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my