Symptoms of Depression after shaven?

buckieluck
Novice

Dec 25, 2005, 9:00 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Symptoms of Depression after shaven? Can't Post

Hi...

My Buckie had chunks of fur tangled up everywhere! Thanks the the rainy season. I took Buckie for grooming yesterday and the groomer said that the tangles are almost near to the skin and if it doens't shaved bald, it could hurt his body. So, I agreed.

When I brought Buckie home after grooming, he started acting weird. He started scratching his body all over. And kept on whining since last night. Is this normal? How long would I wait for his fur to grow at least 1 inch?

Pls help to reply because I'm also depressed with his condition.
--------------------------------------------------------
Siberian Husky + Silky Terrier = My Buckie
Add Buckie in your Dogster : www.dogster.com/?187451

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jan 19, 2006, 6:07 AM

Post #2 of 3 (973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buckieluck] Symptoms of Depression after shaven? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi.

well its quite normal for the dog to scratch once shaven..i dunno about others but those tht i groomed usually r like tht.. no explanation though why they do tht.,.maybe bcos with all the tangles around they couldnt scratch and once everything gone they scratch like nobody's biz..ahaha..but in the first place how could it be so badly tangle up? it wouldnt only bcos of the rain..if its wet but yet u brush it everyday or often then it wouldnt tangle up so easily or so bad..the other possibility is that it can be clipper rash...u find his skin reddish?? if yes then it could be..not something unusual but not something usual also for it...some dogs r quite sensitive the moment the clipper heat up.. ive experienced tht before with some of the dogs i groomed therefore gotta take note so tht the groomer knws about it..it will be quite fast i suppose..depends on individual also sometimes..usually about a month i would say to grow tht 1 inch hair fr botak..ahaha
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

buckieluck
Novice

Jan 19, 2006, 2:35 PM

Post #3 of 3 (967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Symptoms of Depression after shaven? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Thank you for replying. I have nvr owned a furry dog before and this is my first time having a four-legged companion. And I didn't know that his fur could be so badly tangled up. I brushed him about 3 days once, and I guess it must have been the pool of water that he played during that rainy season causing his fur to get wet and when it's dry, they get chunky. Buckie has finally got used to his bald-ness and his fur about 1 cm long so far. I am quite worried now because he has patches of red rashes on his body. Here I enclose the attachment and pls advise if this is common. I suspected it could be just mosquito bites because the scratch marks are all dry up.
--------------------------------------------------------
Siberian Husky + Silky Terrier = My Buckie
Add Buckie in your Dogster : www.dogster.com/?187451
Attachments: IMG_7157.JPG (177 KB)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my