Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Are Tosas suitable for protection training?

PeterPan
New User

Dec 25, 2005, 1:02 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5271 views)
Shortcut
Are Tosas suitable for protection training? Can't Post

Are Tosas suitable for protection training?If not why not?

Lex Ang
Novice

Dec 26, 2005, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeterPan] Are Tosas suitable for protection training? [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry christmas PeterPan.

I personally thinks its hard to say which breed of dog is good for protection training. It all comes to how much time and effort the owner willing to spend in nuturing his/her dog, which suit his/her needs. And I guess puppy selection play big role in the future training too.

So pls don't presume a specific breed e.g. Tosa are good guarding dog when you hear some compliments on it. because every individual dog is different.

Good luck in searching for a dog.
Best Wishes

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Dec 29, 2005, 8:00 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeterPan] Are Tosas suitable for protection training? [In reply to] Can't Post

There are several breeds of dogs specifically bred for that purpose and it is GENERALLY easier to pick one of those breeds to be successful. However, all living creatures are unique and to select the “right” puppy, to provide the correct training are equally important (if not more important). If you are a newcomer to the pp dog then it would be wise to join a club, to talk to dog trainers and fanciers of the Schutzhund Sport to learn more. Good Luck.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my