Does Central Park allow dogs?

christeh
Dog Kichi

Dec 22, 2005, 6:21 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Does Central Park allow dogs? Can't Post

Hi all;

As u wud expect, my neighbourhood in D.Endah is somewhat polluted in terms of sound n the ground is dirty as well, caused mainly by irresponsible contractorsUnsure... I would like 2 noe if Central Park(Just outside 1-U) has a policy 4 dogs, since i was hoping 2 take my bored GR out 4 a run in a dog-frenly park. As u all noe, our society dasen take 2 kindly 2 dogs, n i'm afraid dat sum crazy fellow would harrass my girl if i brought her 2 a non-frenly dog place... Besides dat, can any1 suggest any places where dogs r welcome, preferebly around Damansara Endah or BU or even Uptown... Hope 2 hear from y'all!

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2005, 5:20 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christeh] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Central park is NONO for dogs.

donno
Novice

Dec 28, 2005, 11:06 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Christeh, are you sure?
Unlike other parks around PJ where there is a MPPJ sgn that says specifically no dogs among other things, BU Mark doesn't. I've brought Donno there many times and have even walked her past the security guards. I think the reason there are no MPPJ signs is because the park is the property of the developer who owns 1U and BU, and patrols it with BU security. As such, I believe it doesnt fall under the MPPJ jurisdiction for the "no dog" rule. If one day, Bandar Utama property developer decides to ban dogs then a sign will go up (by the developer) banning dogs. The other example is the park just behind Ikea which has signage all over it that says "private property of the developer" indicating that its not for public use but just for decoration.

http://donno.fotopic.net - pics of Donno's visits to various non-"no-dog" places

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2005, 5:19 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [donno] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please check this thread out. http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Hope this help.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Dec 29, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2378 views)
Shortcut

Hi... I stay in BU10 and there is a sign at the BU7 park that said no dogs allowed. I still walk my dogs there but I make sure I clean up all his mess. And if there are Malay ppl there I will avoid them.... more for community purposes. Basically its those irresponsible owners who let their dogs do all their business that makes ppl angry. I get angry when I step on poos too.
As for Central Park dogs are not allowed....... mayb you got lucky.
BU still comes under MPPJ law. The security guard that we have here are not emplyed by the developer........ but by the residents staying in BU. We pay them for their services. We still pay quit rent etc to MPPJ... n not the developer....... What development you see in the already homed houses are all the residents efforts not the developer. The notice put up at the parks are also the request of residents........ you can see that from our BU newsletter. We only hoped to educate more pets owners to b responsible coz its really irritating to c poos n pees in front of your hse or when the kids play in the park they step on poos. So actually all dogs are to b off from parks in BU. Some of the notice are not up yet some are torn down by irresponsible ppl.
There are a lot of pets owners in BU.....n sometimes becoz of some irresponsible owners , we owners were scolded. Because of one dog that chase a child all dogs are deemed dangerous. Hmmmm...
I hope that answer your question as to the developer's rights n security guards in BU.

donno
Novice

Jan 3, 2006, 8:20 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not just the BU7 park. All BU residential parks in BU1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 also have "no dog" signages. As for the One Utama Central park, it really looks like it doesn't have one, not even a vandalised one if any. I'm sure if complaints of irresponsible dog poo starts piling up, that freedom will be withdrawn.

So far, I know of others who safely walk dogs in central park, although I do agree that holding a dog gathering or event there would probably require some sort of authorisation, if not from MPPJ then from BU or whoever is responsible for park maintenance and public convenience.

(This post was edited by donno on Jan 3, 2006, 8:33 AM)

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2006, 10:44 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2274 views)
Shortcut

I always bring Rusty there on weekends and during the evenings. I just try my best not to walk into those people jogging around the park and the scores of romantic lovers nestling away at the corners.

So far I've never gotten into any trouble and in fact I've bumped into families with children who bring along their furkids to play with them there.

I guess we'll just have to be really responsible when it comes to picking up after (there was a few instances where I almost stepped on some others droppings :p) our furkids. Seems like Central Park is the last few huge parks which we can bring our furkids to for now.

Join the JRT Zone

ihawk98
Novice

Jan 11, 2006, 11:30 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've frequently brought my dog to Central Park on weekend mornings with no problems. Just keep a close eye on the dog and make sure no one gets annoyed and clean up any poo. I am not the only one who brings dogs there.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 13, 2006, 6:29 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2244 views)
Shortcut

s for the One Utama Central park, it really looks like it doesn't have one, not even a vandalised one if any

There is a sign there but it was at the old (no longer in use) entrance of the park. Lets hope they dont plan to change that for the time being and move the sign to a more prominent place. At times I noticed the sign is also obstructed by some tree leaves n etc thats why u guys dont see them.

Gathering at the park does require authorization.

In any place we go with our fur doggies, we just have to practise cautions in taking our dogs for a walk.... poo, with malay's around. If they are unhappy we just leave and come back another time or day.... Lets hope none of the irresponsible dog owners will spoil the park ya.

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Jan 13, 2006, 6:31 PM)

donno
Novice

Jan 18, 2006, 12:22 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Does Central Park allow dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah yes, now i see the sign.... a neat bronze plate usually not associated with such notices saying "No Pets", and yes, although facing the busy crossroad, its not somewhere people walking pets or bringing pets by car will notice.

Definitely agree that we all should be responsible and make sure there's no reason for anyone to complain about pets being at the park. Haven't really met anyone in the park who seems threatened by Donno's presence, in fact most families and even malays I pass in the park exchange greetings with her (almost as though I'm not even there), even if we're off by the side of the path.

Loafer, ihawk98, maybe one weekend we'll bump into each other too.... although our trips there are usually in the mid morning and not for that long.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my