Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Disappointed with Pet's Buddy Station Groomer

zoeilam
Novice

Dec 20, 2005, 9:52 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Disappointed with Pet's Buddy Station Groomer Can't Post

Last Sat I brought BB to PDS for his grooming. I would like to share my personal experience with those who might want to consider PDS for grooming.

Please be informed that there are two groomers available - (a) The owner (big-sized guy) and (b) An immigrant. My BB was groomed by the immigrant because the owner was not available at the time of my arrival.

Initially I thought PDS would be a good place for BB to have his grooming, but at the end of the grooming session, I would like to point out that I will NOT return to PDS for another grooming.

Reasons:

1. The immigrant groomer shaved off the skin from my BB's testicles. I had to send BB to a vet after his grooming for treatment to BB's most vital part. For the near future, I have to monitor BB's private part to make sure no sign of swollen or discharge.

2. The grooming style done by the immigrant was not to my expectation. This is when I start to question the immigrant's qualification, whether he has a professional cert in grooming or not.

3. I was charged RM80 even though BB has cuts on his body, which is not ethical of the groomer since they allow an immigrant (which i think has no profesional cert.) to do the grooming.

4. When my bf question the bleeding parts on BB's body after the grooming, the owner's brother got the nerve to say it was our fault for standing nearby the grooming area. He insisted that it was our presence that causes the many cuts on BB. I seriously believe the hands of the immigrant groomer was not steady when he use the clipper on BB.

5. I had the shock when I heard BB yelping in pain while being groomed by the immigrant. During that time my bf and I was away from the grooming area (because the owner's brother insist we step away from the area). And yet he has the nerve later to say it was our fault.

I am not advising anyone to boycott PDS. All I'm doing here is voice out my disappointment with the grooming service given by PDS.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Dec 21, 2005, 1:03 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zoeilam] Disappointed with Pet's Buddy Station Groomer [In reply to] Can't Post

hey ya...

this is so ridiculous, the service is so sucky n yet they still charge u rm80 ??? u should've ask them to pay the medical fees... why dun u stop them from grooming BB when u heard him ytelling in pain?

see, this is the reason why i DIY... really afraid if something bad happen... i learn grooming my poodle, figo (pic in my avatar) through a friend in PFG gang... why dun u DIY? in that way u dun have to worry much, u learn something n save lotsa money too! a clipper costs u 200+ or u can choose to use scissors, like me... its just RM2 hahaha...

okiee guess that's enough, good luck n to ur BB, get well soon !!!

regards,

justin

zoeilam
Novice

Dec 21, 2005, 1:18 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JuStiN'doGgIe] why dun u DIY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Justin,

1. They charged me RM80 because it's the market price for a ECS.(I've paid the amount before i realized the cuts on BB)

2. They did not offer to pay medical fees. They only offer to put medical cream on his testicles. (They just grab BB from my bf and put medical cream - they have became self-appointed vet at that time)

3. My bf and I did try to stop the grooming when BB yelped in pain - the owner's brother stopped us from going near to the grooming area. He also insisted that it was the boarding dogs who yelped and not BB.

4. I do not have a steady hand therefore I can't groom my BB. I would appreciate it if there is anyone in puppy.com who can offer me assistance in grooming BB.

I worry a lot about BB being groom by stranger, to date I am still searching for someone whom I can trust to groom BB with care.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Dec 22, 2005, 11:16 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zoeilam] why dun u DIY? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi zoeilam,

yes i understand that RM80 is a market price for a medium sized dog, like ECS. but the point, u r not satisfied with the service, ur BB was injured n obviously the groomer is not professional at all...

wow, grab ur BB summore... really dunoe what to say... well the friend that i mentioned actually just teach me through web cam... n she just show me head part... the rest i try by myself... the first time of course not very impressive... however, practice makes perfect... im ok after 3 times... there r some grooming centres that allows u to stand near ur dog...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jan 4, 2006, 11:50 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Well DIY is certainly a good thing. But you really have to know how to cut to make sure your dog look what it should look like. Anyway try a few times and you will get the hand of it. Just try to be careful because I cut my dog's eat once. Lucky not much damage. It heals in 2 days. Getting a clipper is much better compare to using sciccors only.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jan 16, 2006, 8:42 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zoeilam] Disappointed with Pet's Buddy Station Groomer [In reply to] Can't Post

hi zoe..

sorry to hear about the story.. well it wasnt ethical for them to leave it to the immigrant to do it unless they are very experienced.. anyway u can e mail me ritchieboy46 at lycos .. hope i could help u with it
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

CLing80
Novice

Jan 17, 2006, 3:18 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1558 views)
Shortcut

Hi Zoeilam,

If i were you, I will scold him kau-kau for hurting my baby! Mad

Well, if you are still considering looking for someone to groom your BB, there are 2 pet shops nearby my area. They practice open concept as well. Hmnnn... I can't say that they are good or no good coz i only go there to buy my lab's food and other stuff BUT they are always crowded especially the Wow Wow & Meow Meow pet shop. Guess that actually proves that there are good kua. I saw lot's of different breed being sent there for grooming. Pekingnese, Shih Tzu, Chow Chow, MS & etc... They also offer classes for grooming session. I don't have their name card with me now. They are near SRK(C) Kung Min or Pudu Plaza. Dun't worry. Clean & decent place. You might want to checkout what other srevices they provide there. The other one call Lee Pet Supply. I can forward the full contact details for you by tomorrow.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my