Need help with breeders contact

kongsentian
New User

Dec 19, 2005, 6:26 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1501 views)
Shortcut
Need help with breeders contact Can't Post

Dear all pet lovers,

I am looking to get a beagle puppy in 1-2 months and I need to do a lot of researches now. If you know any good breeders or have good experience with the breeders in the Klang Valley, I would really appreciate to get their contacts and visit them.

Thank you very much.

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 19, 2005, 7:51 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kongsentian] Need help with breeders contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Call MKA for breeder recomemdation at 03-77297822.

Hope this helpWink

dfarmer
Novice

Sep 13, 2006, 4:44 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Need help with breeders contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing against MKA or anything but they arent very reliable when it comes to suggesting good breeders. They just have various breeders numbers who are registered with them and they give it out freely. You should go check yourself and see if they are good breeders or not.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 3:26 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dfarmer] Need help with breeders contact [In reply to] Can't Post

dfarmer..

but i guess they hav a certain degree of quality measurement in breeders registered don they?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

dfarmer
Novice

Jan 8, 2007, 9:31 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Need help with breeders contact [In reply to] Can't Post

I really have no idea about the quality screening which they do for the breeders they recommend. However I always advise that a person who wishes to buy/get a new puppy follow these simple rules.

1. Know your lifestyle - theres nothing worse then buying a puppy then realizing that his personality (yes dogs actually have personalities) doesnt suit your life style. For example, if you live in an apartment dont get a doberman or a great dane as these are big dogs that might break stuff if kept in a small space. If you dont like going for walks you shoudnt get over active dogs like afghan hounds. If you dont like hair all over the place get a short haired dog and finally if there are asmatic people in your household get a dog which they will not be allergic to.

2. Know your breeder - there are a few things you can do to make sure that you are buying from a responsible breeder.

a. Go see the breeders kennel as well as the mother of the puppies. The kennel should be at the very least clean and free of a lot dog poo. An adult dog does his business about twice a day so if there are more than 2 piles you know that the breeder isnt doing his job. The mother of the puppies should be healthy and active. They will be thinner than usual but thats normal (they did just give birth a lot of babies after all.

b. Ask to see pictures of previous puppies that he has sold (he should have them since he needs the pictures to apply for a cert from MKA). Also ask if he can provide you with address/phone numbers of people he has sold to before. Most of are avid dog lovers (thus the fact that we keep them Sly) so we will be more than happy to welcome anyone into the fold. Ask them about the breeder that you intend to buy from.

c. Of course check with MKA as to whether or not they are responsible breeders. MKA works closely with the authorities to prevent abuse to animals and such so if the breeder that you intend to buy from has a bad reputation, they might know something about it. Also check with the as to whether or not the puppies are/will be getting certificates.

3. Know what you are getting yourself into. READ books about the breed that you intend to buy. Alot of people buy puppies because they look cute but then when they grow up they realize that they got more than the bargained for. You can prevent this by reading up on the breed first and actually knowing what you are getting yourself into. While I was studying overseas I had 3 dogs (a doberman, an Irish setter and a rottweiler). I am quite irresposible with my dogs in the sense that i spoil them ... alot Laugh My dogs have got their own menus. So each one gets something different every night (my doberman gets rice, mutton and dry dog food every night while my irish setter was happy with just dry dog food mixed with canned dog food). What i am trying to say is that be prepared because big dogs cost more to feed and sometimes they wont like what you give them (they can be trained to eat what you give them though so not really an issue).

I might have missed somethings here so speak to more experienced dog owners as well as read up what you can in this forum and other forums before you make your decision. May you and your future dog have all the love and happiness in your years to come.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 2:46 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1072 views)
Shortcut

dfarmer..

nice article. very absolutely right about pre-ownership checklist. many should read and understand b4 actualy getting a dog.

i guess this reply is for the author of this post? cus i already hav my precious molly girl

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dfarmer
Novice

Jan 9, 2007, 5:56 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Need help with breeders contact [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Supamolly Wink and yeah I know you have your molly hehe.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 8:36 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1064 views)
Shortcut

dfarmer..

no prob ! love my gurl lots ! Cool

so u comin for k9 day?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my