Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2005, 1:40 AM

Post #1 of 15 (3764 views)
Shortcut
CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY Can't Post

Crazy i am not sure if i can post this item in this category but i cant find anywhere else more relevant.

When i bought my puppy last week, the petshop owner told me that i wont get the cert immediately, but on a separate day. Usually, how long do i have to wait? or is it true that i need to wait?

Appreciate some info about this.

Thank you!

Regards, CAT
Frown Dogs... God's greatest gift Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Dec 9, 2005, 2:52 AM

Post #2 of 15 (3761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, you do need to wait. Find out more details about the dog, like breeder and ring up M.K.A. to see if you canget more infor.

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2005, 5:38 AM

Post #3 of 15 (3751 views)
Shortcut

Scan the Microchip number at any vet clinic and write down the number. Then call MKA at 03-77297822 and check with them about the cert. status.

Hope this help.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot for the info. Will do so.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2005, 6:06 PM

Post #5 of 15 (3740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

Is the microchip number written on the medical card that the petshop gave me when we took him home?

Thanks again & have a good day!

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2005, 9:35 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3734 views)
Shortcut

Yes you are right.

Just to be sure ur dog microchip number matched the number stated on the medical card.

fumehell
Novice

Mar 17, 2006, 11:04 PM

Post #7 of 15 (3594 views)
Shortcut

hello catchuah,

i also bought my puppy from petfamily,tmn megah.did u bought your puppy with certificate?have u got

the cert. yet?i bought my puppy in july 05,until now i still haven't get the certificate.i need advice.

thank you.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Mar 17, 2006, 11:45 PM

Post #8 of 15 (3586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fumehell] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there...

i bought Happie around Dec 05. and petfamily just called me last week to ask me to collect the cert. i heard that it DOES take this long to process the cert.

you can call them to chase them... Wink i did.

what breed is ur furkid?

fumehell
Novice

Mar 17, 2006, 11:53 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3585 views)
Shortcut

thx for replying.i had chased them but they told me they had problem getting the certificateMad.my ms is nearly one years old.

(This post was edited by fumehell on Mar 18, 2006, 12:03 AM)

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Mar 18, 2006, 12:02 AM

Post #10 of 15 (3580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fumehell] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

helo again..

i und how u feel. i even called MKA to check before this. perhaps you can try to call MKA? they might be able to help u with the info you need.

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jul 3, 2006, 6:43 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3403 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

Wanna share with you my story. Not late to get cert but feel curious on the cert. I bought a puppy on May. Actually i feeling so sad and worry in this few weeks time as there's problem. There lot of problems happen that i feel i been threatening by the breeder. the breeder seems to be too much. The dog not been microchip yet but the breeder said if you want the cert then you need to add $$$ for the cert. I bought this dog for 1450 without cert, if add cert is another 400. so, i told him to hold my cert as when my salary out in june then i paid him for the cert and he said ok with it. In june he in outstation and he said if possible bank in to his a/c. i never bank in the $$$ as i didnt get any acknowledgement or whatever to proof i been pay for cert money. (if u in position, u will feel not secure, right?). he ask whether i not trust him or what but i as a buyer i have the right to protect myself, right? so i wait till last two weeks, my bf call him up and he increase the cert price to 450 (bcoz late already, so hard to register the puppy-surcharge)and somemore, we need to bring tht puppy to outstation for him to microchip. Moreover, he said he ownself will microchip the dog... and there's no guarantee on your dog die. I called mka before and they recommend me to get the microchip no before he inject. but do you know that it is impossible coz he will say " u don't trust me?" even last sat i called him up and ask him when can i bring the dog for him to microchip. and he called back my bf and said i rude to him and he have the right not to give cert to my puppy. Can i make report??? but i just want the cert and i don't want my dog to die... pls help and suggest

Just wanna ask few questions in regards of the certificate.

1. Can a breeder microchip the puppy itself without vet help? the breeder said there's no guarantee if your puppy die... so where the rights and rules???

2. Do the breeder need to give some receipt or acknowledgement for verification?

3. can buyer request the dog been microchip by the vet doc? who will absorb the cost?

Hope you can help me...

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2006, 7:31 PM

Post #12 of 15 (3400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiffanyayn] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all, I need to know this.

When you purchase the puppy from this guy. Did he told you the puppy is without cert???

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jul 4, 2006, 5:52 PM

Post #13 of 15 (3378 views)
Shortcut

Tht fellow say is with cert but he sell it separately. Which mean if without cert is 1450, if with cert need to add more money. but i check the procedure, breeder should microchip their dog if they have cert. so when i bought that time, it not been microchip yet and no guarantee if my puppy die coz of microchip. He said i bought this dog is really cheap coz he treat me n my bf like his fren. he claim he normally charge 2100 above with cert and sometime 3000 for the good markings. he said my puppy bloodline is championship but how sure i know it is??? i dun even get chance to c the register form. Chris, how to c championship bloodline? Chris, i dun care if my dog not championship bloodline or whatever, but i just concer my cert and tht microchip to be inject by tht fellow.

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jul 4, 2006, 5:54 PM

Post #14 of 15 (3377 views)
Shortcut

Add one more thing is i bought this puppy in May 06 with first jab but i didnt get the medical card coz he inject by himself... no verification at all, my vet also curious about the first jab. but currently my dog is healthy and active playing.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 4, 2006, 6:33 PM

Post #15 of 15 (3376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiffanyayn] CERT FOR NEWLY BOUGHT PUPPY [In reply to] Can't Post

At the first place you should not buy the pup from him since he say can sell cert. separately, inject microchip himself without the vet certify & own vaccination on the pups it show this fellow is doing something fishy and do not follow the precedure in getting the cert.

You have 2 option now:

1. Getting the cert. by paying him the money.

- You can't be sure the info in the cert. is your puppy info. It might be other puppy cert. & Microship give to your pup. Since this fellow can even insert microchip & give injection to the pup by himself. wat else he cannot do right?.

- FYI, Vet can only purchase the vaccine. Dog owner like us cannot purchase the vaccine, unless he is getting it illegally & yes alot of irresponsible breeder out there is doing that. It si very cheap for him if he brought the vaccine illegally, the price of the vaccine is about the same as you having a meal of McDonald set meal only.

- Even if there are only one champion in the pup family tree this ppl will tell you that their pups are from champion bloodline so that they can sell higher price.

2. Forget about the cert. & microchip.

- If you're not planning to show her in the showring.

- If you're not planning to breed her in the future.

- I am sure you will love your dog even if they are without cert. & microchip.

For me, I wouldn't paid him a single cents & will report this to MKA. But, don't think MKA will do anything about this. At least I let go the anger inside me mah. I not going to let him make a fool out of me again by paying $$$ to get cert & microchip that I don't know wherether the cert. is for my dog or not.

At the end, is all up to you to decide. You can't turn back the time since you already brought the pup from him. Make this a good lesson for you & educate your experience to others potential future dog owner about this irresponsible breeders.

Hope I cover everything here. Do keep us update.

Regards,

Chris

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my