PetFamily @ Tmn Megah, PJ

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2005, 1:26 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1171 views)
Shortcut
PetFamily @ Tmn Megah, PJ Can't Post

Hello all dogloverS!!

Anybody out there has any comments on pets bought from Pet Family Store, Taman MEgah, PJ?? I bought my puppy from there. They didnt provide much info or guidance when customers purchase their pets from them, which I think they should.

Please share..

Thanks in advance.
Frown Dogs... God's greatest gift Frown

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2005, 3:59 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] PetFamily @ Tmn Megah, PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, not all petshop staff know what they are doing. They mainly want to work there coz they like animals or maybe just plainly work. They also have too many variety so some of the stff don't know much about the other pets. It's a pity... petshop staff should get some training or guidance in customer service, provide good and sound information and advice. I've had my share of petshops that don't give proper info.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2005, 5:02 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] PetFamily @ Tmn Megah, PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there...

Yes.. U are right. But do u have any idea about the quality of their puppies? not that the one i bought from them are bad, just curious.

Are puppies normally and generally 'VERY' playful & 'VERY' active? mine does not get tired at all...when everyone at home is already so worn out. Do they really enjoy bitting so much? And will obedience training really tame them down?

THankS...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Ah... you see, pet shops normally get their supply of puppies from dog dealers, puppy mills and sometimes the odd dog breeder. The quality, well, depends. Some are ok, some may be sick, some may be weak, some may have behaviour problems coz they are caged up all the time when young.

Certain breed puppies are very hyper. Hahaa... don't worry, I got a cavalier spaniel, she is also very active. Puppies will be active coz they have so much energy and spunk. This is a good sign of health if you bought your pup from a petshop. It's good if you can tire your pup with games. I tire mine with fetch and some training.

Obedience training will help you and your pup bond. You will be able to have better control of your pup. But since 3 months now... wait when 6 months old, that is the right age for obeidence training in dog schools. Now, just do a little training yourself, teach your puppy sit, down, stay, come and heel. Then when you enter the obedience classes, you will have an easier and fun time training. I wouldn't say tame down, just something to occupy your doggie's mind and also gain more control over him.

A pup will mature slowly in mind, at 1.5 years, your cocker will be more mellow so don't worry. Puppy stage is the active stage.

Yes, they love to chew. Best toys are those nylon rubber bones, rope toys and tennis balls.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2005, 6:21 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Smile hi..

*phew* atleast, now i am more assured that i got a healthy puppy for a good start.

he is so active that i really do not know how to train him the basic stuffs like what u mentioned, sit, stay ...

should i just wait till he reaches 6 months and till both of us can attend the classes together?

i currently give him his softtoy, a piece of towel tied with knots (he love it) and bear he snatched from me for his biting activity... Laugh

can i also have ur opinion.. whether is it ok to keep him in cage when i am away at work during daytime and only let him run freely around the house when he behaves better? what about peeing with his legs lifted up? he will drench the house if he does that indoor since we want him to be an indoor dog.

Help/advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1128 views)
Shortcut

Is he interested in food? You can train him with food treats, I do that for my puppy now. She has learnt sit, down, come and stay a bit.

well, puppies learn quickly at age 3 months and 4 months. It's the crucial time for them to pick up good habits. Do a bit of training lah, will help later when older. Do get a good dog book and follow the way to train.

OK, the toys that you give him are ok. If you want to train him using toys it is also good.

How long is your working day? If the cage is big enough and you have no choise, then for a few hours is ok lah.... I cage my puppy when I go out or at uni, she has to stay in the cage about 5 hours to 6 hours a day but puppies hate to be caged. Mine hates it but she will sleep the whole day lah. The best is make the cage like a sleeping place and when a puppy feels comfortable, then it will be ok cagiing for some time. Whenever you are at home, don't cage him, let him have his freedom. only when you are not at home then cage.

Dogs will normally lift up their leg but if you train your puppy to do it at he right place, he won't simply do. Neuter him, when neuter when young, he won't simply pee here and there. Trust me, I neutered my dog and he only pees in the garden and at one spot white my other dog that is not neutered pee everywhere. For now, your Happie is only 3 months old, so paper train him, make him use the newspaper or cage, what ever suits you but dogs don't like to pee in their cage coz it's their sleeping place so naturally newspaper or outside is the best. A puppy will need to go out to pee every 4 hours.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 30, 2005, 1:57 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1048 views)
Shortcut

hi there crazymouse... *i read in ur other post, u said that ur name got meaning wan.. so what does it mean ah?*

thanks for sharing. sory for the late reply. was buzy with work and everyday rush work so that i can go back to be with Happie. but now Happie is with my parents back in hometown. will only see hm this weekend, they will bring him to visit me. cant wait!

i tried to train him... he used to follow me to kitchen. and there is a 2 step staircase leading to my kitchen. till today, he only understand one command i.e. "WAIT". that is also if i show him the newspaper roll.

secondly, i tried to train him to walk on leash. but when we put the leash on, he will turn around to bite the least. help me! wat to do...

for few times he really made me angry .. coz he is biting everything... the curtain, cushions... that once i really shout out LOUD at him.. and i think he picked up the signal and quietly come and sit down next to me. how to stop him??

he is always peeing and poo-ing without the usual sniffing signal. how to settle this? bcoz of the NO SNIFFING, we always fail to bring him to the newspapre to do his business.

will neutering really help in not simply pee everywhere and also stop him from angkat kaki to pee?

Thanks in advance for ur sharing.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my