First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2005, 8:48 PM

Post #1 of 31 (24033 views)
Shortcut
Apartment banned dogs Can't Post

Hi,

My apartment's management has just post up a notice indicating that no "pets" are allowed in the area. They have given 7 days for the residence to remove all pets in that area or else they will take action. This notice is being put on after one of the neighbours brought in a dog which cause a headache to everyone as the dog keeps on barking day and night. I am wondering anyone here with law knowledge to help me in keeping my furkid safe.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2005, 5:02 AM

Post #2 of 31 (24014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fuikiaw] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear.... that's really short notice for them to do that. I got a friend.... she lives in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs... but no one knows coz her dog is very quiet.

Maybe can get other residence that have dogs at your apartment to join hands and speak to the management about it.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #3 of 31 (23996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually my dog also quite quiet unless she's too happy then she'll bark abit. But i scared that the management will knock every door and check on the pets in our house. I think your suggestion is also good to join hands from other dog owners and speak to the management.

chanol
Novice

Nov 14, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #4 of 31 (23992 views)
Shortcut

Fuikiaw
I do live in apartment also owner of a toy breed dog. Once the security guard saw me walking with my dog, he come to tell that apartment cannot have dog b`cos he can`t do his `duty` (he meant to be patrol) as he say the dog may run unleash and chase after him. I told him that my dog will not going after anyone unless anyone coming into my unit w/o houseowner permission & my dog always on leash when out of my house. Actually my furkid did not bark very much unless strangers or unfamiliar footstep repeatly at my main door.

After a week or two, the management staff (a girl) told me dog are not allow in apartment, the reason she say is making to much noise. So i ask her to check out which unit & which dog that make so much noise & ban that dog in this apartment or ask that owner to do something to that dog. The stupid thing they do is put a total ban on all dog just b`cos ONE stupid dog create the noise.
Just so happen my apartment have a group of full time housewife who use to play mahjong every now & then and make a lot of noise too. so can i request the management to put a blanket ban that all full time housewife are not allow in this apartment, or asking the owner of that unit to behave themselves, i ask the girl. Also there a very naughty boy about ten years old who use to burn old newspaper inside the lift, can i ask for a all children under 12 years are not allow to stay in this apartment, i question her.

If the guard knock & found your furkid you don`t let take it away. Tell your management don`t bark for fun of barking & they are bark up the wrong tree.

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2005, 9:31 PM

Post #5 of 31 (23963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanol] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I very agree with wat u said. If the management is really that good then they should start taking action against those which really cause a problem to the neighbourhood and not on our furkid.

Today will be the last day that the notice of removal for us. I hope that everything will be alright starting tomorrow for my furkid and all the rest of the furkid in the neighbourhood.

magic
Novice

Nov 16, 2005, 9:55 PM

Post #6 of 31 (23962 views)
Shortcut

hey dear

i too am staying in apartment and share d same problem with u all. the dog opposite my block barking almost every night after midnite and someone started complaining. management and mpsj send us and every unit with pets a note to remove it or mpsj will come personally to check and remove it.

luckly me, i manage to get 1 of the security personal for help and they informing me when they will be doing the checks. on the day they check, i keep all the doggie stuffs i have at home and went out with my dog till late night. so they actually have no prove anything lor.

we know that they are many many other owners with pet dogs in our area but the problem is are they gonna join hands and come out to do something about it ? even when our local athorrities started implementing new rules for applying license... not many pet owners join hands and alot of them just keep quiet and have the wait and see attitude. Unsure

so what next ? u should check it out which unit dog is barking and send him/her a note about the situation and just hope they will understand, lease that what i did and it work awhileCrazy. psss... mayb it would b safer for not signing off with your apartment unit when you send him/her the letter.

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2005, 9:25 PM

Post #7 of 31 (23926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [magic] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the good idea. It has been 7 days already since they post up the notice. Me and my furkid is still safe. But I dun know what happen to the noisy furkid as I dun hear him making noise anymore.

I hope that all the furkid in my apartment and other apartments will be save from all these disturbance the management is trying to do.

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 12, 2006, 10:59 PM

Post #8 of 31 (23709 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Me too staying in apartment and share the same experience with you. My management office also put up a notice on the notice board with a BIG GR head saying law does not allow dogs in apartment. They even get the notice from MPPJ and warn the residence..the offence is 2000 fince or one year jail or both appled.

My gosh,we are not criminal,we are innocent residence who just wants to have a companion. My dog never bark,never run in the corridor, never do nonsense,never throwm cigareete butts in ther lift,never split on the floor...why they have to discriminate our dog ?

It's time for the authorities to review and alow small breed in apartment...I remeber i read the newspaper that the authorities are studying and considering for apartment owner to have dogs..but coz there are less landed property and a lot more high rise apartment or condo...I hope the good news will come effect as soon as possible.

In Reply To
Fuikiaw
I do live in apartment also owner of a toy breed dog. Once the security guard saw me walking with my dog, he come to tell that apartment cannot have dog b`cos he can`t do his `duty` (he meant to be patrol) as he say the dog may run unleash and chase after him. I told him that my dog will not going after anyone unless anyone coming into my unit w/o houseowner permission & my dog always on leash when out of my house. Actually my furkid did not bark very much unless strangers or unfamiliar footstep repeatly at my main door.

After a week or two, the management staff (a girl) told me dog are not allow in apartment, the reason she say is making to much noise. So i ask her to check out which unit & which dog that make so much noise & ban that dog in this apartment or ask that owner to do something to that dog. The stupid thing they do is put a total ban on all dog just b`cos ONE stupid dog create the noise.
Just so happen my apartment have a group of full time housewife who use to play mahjong every now & then and make a lot of noise too. so can i request the management to put a blanket ban that all full time housewife are not allow in this apartment, or asking the owner of that unit to behave themselves, i ask the girl. Also there a very naughty boy about ten years old who use to burn old newspaper inside the lift, can i ask for a all children under 12 years are not allow to stay in this apartment, i question her.

If the guard knock & found your furkid you don`t let take it away. Tell your management don`t bark for fun of barking & they are bark up the wrong tree.

Blush I am the man with dog's name

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2006, 3:56 PM

Post #9 of 31 (23696 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just wanna to check how is your situation now ?

The notices actually brought nightmare to me...

Are you worry that the MMPJ or DBKL will knock on your door to check on your dog ? Well, I was worried at first, but I understand that if anybody enter into my unit without any warrant or permission is consider as break in. Owing a dog is now a criminal,so i don;t think they will get any warrant to enter to you house to search your dog.

Does the management have the rigth to enter your apartment ? well, think about it, what is the responsibilities of the management ? Thier duties is to ensure the apartment's public area are properly maintain, the facilities are in good conditions. Do they maintain your unit ? The answer is NO. So, if yiour dog is in your unit and not roaming in the public area, you are not offence any rules.

So, if you are a Pet owner in the apartment, and are good citizen who are responsible and never let our dog run loose in the apartmetn area,they can't take any action against you.

I always carry my dog in the bag and cover up,nobody will notice if he did not breath loudly. I always choose the time when less people going out or coming back. The residence whom stayed the same floor knew I have dog but they never complain because my dog id a good citizen.

Hope we could share more and express our frustration against those rules...

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2006, 5:08 PM

Post #10 of 31 (23690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Me and my furkid are still safe. We've moved from the old apartment which puts up the notice and to a new apartment in which also banned dogs. Fortunately, there are many dogs owners in my new apartment. And i can see that they dun care about the notice being put up. The residents are bringing their dogs out for walk. As for me, i try to keep my furkid to stay in. No more evening walks. And everytime she needs to go out she'll be kept in her travelling bag. This will ensure her safety.

I think the council will not change the rule of having furkid in apartments, as they are concern of the limited space that we have. But in case that they change their mind, it will be a good news to all of us.

chanol
Novice

Apr 13, 2006, 6:44 PM

Post #11 of 31 (23682 views)
Shortcut

Me & my dog are still at the same old apartment. The management did not make further comment about it. We have change the previous security guard, now this new batch give no problem.
There is quite a number of family own dog in this apartment, I could say all dog owner in this apartment are very civic minded. We pick up our dog poo-poo every time we walk our dog at our compound. We do train the dog do not urine in the lift or corridor or other resident car tayar, they only urine on the tar road so each time it rain, it wash off by mother nature.
So in such way, the management has not to catch on us.

More over my none of my neighbour complaint about it.

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2006, 7:03 PM

Post #12 of 31 (23676 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

You are so lucky that you can bring your dog out to walk around the apartment area, as for my case, my wife will bring my dog out and drive to somewhere else for walk.

Me & my wife always gets very worried whenever there is a notice,I will nto give up my dog if they really come to disturb or saman me,worst come to worst I might rent a landed property. But my wife don't likes to live in landed property coz she is worried on the security,she worried that someone might kidnap my dog when we are not at home,at least apartment have better security..Crazy

It's very upset that I have no freedom or rights to have something in my own apartment.

TARO is my first apartment dog for 10 years in and JIRO is my second apartment dog and he is only 1 year plus.

lynn1157
Novice

Apr 14, 2006, 5:36 AM

Post #13 of 31 (23658 views)
Shortcut

surchinmy@yahoo.com
surchinmy@yahoo.com

i hv a friend who stayed in an apartment in kampung pandan last time. She had a shih tzu which was in the apartment all the time..Even then, as all her neighbours were malays, they complained to DBKL. And the DBKL ppl came to her apt 2 times to try to take away her dog. Her mom pretended to be the maid and said ' bos tak ada.sudah keluar'. after 2 failed attempts they did not come again.
Do they hv the right to go into ppl's apt and take away their dog?

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2006, 4:14 PM

Post #14 of 31 (23650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

surchinmy@yahoo.com
surchinmy@yahoo.com

i hv a friend who stayed in an apartment in kampung pandan last time. She had a shih tzu which was in the apartment all the time..Even then, as all her neighbours were malays, they complained to DBKL. And the DBKL ppl came to her apt 2 times to try to take away her dog. Her mom pretended to be the maid and said ' bos tak ada.sudah keluar'. after 2 failed attempts they did not come again.
Do they hv the right to go into ppl's apt and take away their dog?

They have no rights and they don't have evidence, we don't need to open the door for them.

We always get ready a videon cam or camera to shoot the situation. Anybody enter to your premises without permisiion is consider a "break in" .

Just don't let them take you & your dog's photos. Tghey cannot issue summon if they don't have evidence.

We pay maintainence to the mangement office for safe guard our property,if they let unauthorised prsonnel to get in to your apartment, you can sue them too. This is our right.

chanol
Novice

Apr 14, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #15 of 31 (23645 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think the management has nothing to catch on you, as your furkids does not bark much & do not dirty the common area. If your apartment is mostly chinese resident & management is being manage by chinese group is more considerable.

I do feel pity for your furkids as they also need exercise & socialize. They are not allow into public park. And what now, our very residential compound also cannot.

So, what is your next move? Stay put or look for another property?

musashi
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2006, 9:33 PM

Post #16 of 31 (23640 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I will just wait & see lah..see how many more years I could bear with the notices on the notice board.
The management will take action when there is some one complaint. We don't really know who is the culprit that complaints. I already living in the same place for more than 5 years...all the while no problem. The security guard come & go,so they are not the factor for us. Management only work from 9 to 5...so...if they don't come to disturb me..taht will be alright.

My wife will take my dog out once in the morning,then we will take him to Jungle trekking almost every Saturday.

I have seen some car with the "FURKID ON BOARD" at my place,but have yet to see thier dog. I have remove all the furkid concerned stickers from my car ever since we saw the notice...that's a bit over react right ? Jsut wondering those people know what FURKISDS mean ?

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 2, 2006, 5:43 PM

Post #17 of 31 (23575 views)
Shortcut

Forumers,

I copied this blog wrote by Malay.

Why are dogs singled out by MPSJ?

Alfean Abu Bakar, Petaling Jaya

I am a bumiputera and I have a bone to pick with our local council by-laws. It concerns my dog. Yes, I own a dog and - like any conscientious dog owner - I am not too happy that the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) requires pet

owners to obtain neighbours' written consent before issuing dog licences. I understand that the MPSJ is merely following what the Johor Bahru City Council had already done a while back.

I'm very afraid that these two councils will set a precedent soon to be followed by other councils, including the one where I live.

I try to understand the inherent rationale for this: that dogs are deemed by some Muslims as 'haram' animals, and thus branded, dirty to an extreme degree. Muslims are to stay clear of them in order to retain and preserve their spiritual cleanliness. Yet I have come to the view that dogs are not dirty animals.

Personally, I think it is yet another irrevocable step towards entrenching Malay-Muslim prejudices into our daily lives. Dogs - and the apparently second-class citizens who love them, I feel - are really being victimised in this country.

Don't believe me? Go take a walk in any park in PJ and you'll eventually come across the MPPJ by-laws posted on a signboard. Read it carefully and you'll discover that you can go to jail a year for walking your dog in the park!

Furthermore, in Putrajaya, that pinnacle of Malay civilisation, horses can trot through its parks but no other animals are allowed. Presumably, you can also walk your little pony in the many other public parks, like those in Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur, where 'No dogs [are] allowed'.

Are dogs are such pariah animals that they should sully the pristine perfection of our parks? Don't horses poop on park pathways too? Are pet rabbits/hamsters/cats any better? Chew on this: My next door neighbours - an old Chinese couple - have seven cats, three of which are kittens. One of their adult cats is now also pregnant. When she gives birth, there could be 10 cats or more in their house.

Why is my written permission not required for them to obtain a dozen cat licences and tags? Hey, MPSJ and MPPJ, want to collect more funds? Issue licences to cat owners too! At the rate that cats breed, the council is sitting on a potential goldmine. But I digress.

My neighbours' animals are such a nuisance to the neighbourhood. They take a dump in my and other people's gardens (do I have to remind anyone how badly cat **** smells?) and rummage through the garbage bins. And I'm not the only one feeling frustrated, I've even seen one neighbour from down the road fling her slipper from off her foot at them out of sheer exasperation. My own father, bless him, loves to tend his garden but his sensitive skin gets the rashes after each weekend of gardening due to the faeces of cats that strayed from the same next door neighbour's.

Yet, no legislation exists to control animals like these. And no such legislation will probably be considered. The question I want to know is why?

Why are dogs singled out? Are they not the first wild animals to be domesticated by humans? Are they not man's 'best friend'? Aren't specially trained trekking and sniffing dogs not used by the police in some of its public-safety programmes?

Are dogs so inherently dangerous that we need protection from them? If so, why are there no laws out there against the keeping of tarantulas, snakes, piranhas and other dangerous pets? Heck, I should have gotten a pet alligator and walked him on a leash in a PJ park. Under the by-laws, I couldn't be fined or thrown in jail. Hmmm ... I wonder if I can get a domesticated croc at my local pet store?

One thing is for sure, if I believed in re-incarnation and were to be reborn as a puppy in karmic retribution for my cardinal sins, it would have to be either in Korea, Vietnam (where dogs are eaten) or Malaysia for maximum penance. It's a tough call as to which place is the greater punishment.

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown
- Pekingese & Lhasa Apso -

fuikiaw
Enthusiast

May 2, 2006, 9:18 PM

Post #18 of 31 (23563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leo_ShihTzu] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

What this writer has written is so true. I'm so glad that someone has bring this up to the attention of the council. Someone who is a bumiputra, someone who can make them understand that dogs are not as bad as what they think.

bebeannie
Novice

Jan 15, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #19 of 31 (23110 views)
Shortcut

yes! althought my bebe notty when he din saw me,,,, but then he neva run out from my house, coz i banned him to go out, if he wanted to go groaming i will carry him tight tight,wont let him walk at the dirty corridor also ( make my bebe leg dirty )

someone saw me huging my bebe, i just give them a ^_*

but then i need to take action with my worried, send him to trainnnnnnnn

musashi
ALPHA

Jan 15, 2007, 8:10 PM

Post #20 of 31 (23109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bebeannie] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

YOur BB is male or female ? You don't take them him/her out excerciase ? I think cocker spaniel is quite active dog.

Which apartment are you staying ? any one complaint ? Does you neighbour know you have a dog ?

My neighbour knew I have dog,but they did not complain. As far as possible I try to be low profile,less people know,less problem.

bebeannie
Novice

Jan 16, 2007, 6:01 PM

Post #21 of 31 (23094 views)
Shortcut

Wink ha! my bebe is male! ( the name not suite him right?) no choice coz i call him so many name ( when i just brought him ) he not bother me... while i suddently call bebe, he look at me and come over to me.... ( maybe the petshop boss call him bebe also?)

one week once lo! the rest of time i let him running at home! sometimes its headache when he running.. .have to run with him also.... hahaha.. if not, he will bite my stuff,,, clothes la! paper la! books la! if you follow him... he wont bite my stuffs.. but he will play with you ( sometimes tired but im happy )

i sty in somewhere damansara, yes someone complaint already, and security also went up to my unit to check what kinda dog i have.. and i try to beg them that don take action first.. give me sometimes, and for my neighbour, i was try to reply my neighbour that" please understand me, the dog is my one part of my life also... he is my happiness...." but then i din do it... coz i know write this kind of stuff no one will understand one! ( for those who are not a dog owner ) so i just appolgize to them and promise will take good care of my beloved dog..

he( bebe ) so "bitchy" one, i remember one night, my family come over my house and overnite here, ( about 6 persons in a house, some of them sleep in living room ) he keep barking barking barking nonstop if i walk 1 foot step out of him..... he awake untill 4am.. and i awake together with him also untill 4am. so i have to bring him along even i go toilet... ( oh my god )

that day onwards... ppl start complain lo! when i receive the letter of complain that hand wrote by neighbour, i was crying.. and worried.. and try to think so many way how to settle him? the worst one is send him back to my hometown and let my parent take care of him. ( unless he still can life happiness and i will not worried coz my family take care of him, if let those ppl take him away, i don know where they send my bebe to )

he so noughty one... like i wanted to go down to a minimarket or 7eleven to buy something ( its only 10 mins distance ) he will bark bark bark untill i come back..

somemore when he really wanted to play....he still powerfully but you already tired.. then he wil bark at you...

but then now.. i try to calm down and less play with him... if he overactive, i will start to scold him...let him know what is right and wrong.. sometimes i beat him with "rotan"..... then now, when he see i show the "rotan" he will scare and sit there quitly.....

immy

Jan 19, 2007, 9:47 PM

Post #22 of 31 (23077 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i used to stay in apartment in cheras, n surprisingly many ppl ther have dogs..so the guard's cool bout it.. oh well,they dare not make noise coz many units got broke in.. even mine!!

1 more thing you can do is bring your dog for training, the guards n some tenants ther know i bring him for training, so eventho he is a big dog, they are ok with it as they think he is a good furkid coz he goes to school.hehhehe...luckily he is well behave in front of them.
immy

bebeannie
Novice

Jan 23, 2007, 4:51 PM

Post #23 of 31 (23058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [immy] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

yup... training is the best way... i know.... so mayb after chinese new year only i will arrange.....

hai!

candy7421
Dog Kichi

Jan 23, 2007, 11:16 PM

Post #24 of 31 (23051 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

I'm staying in apartment somewhere in JB.....i'm facing the same problem as all of u here...

i'd receive a letter fr the management last week....i feel very upset as the management want me to get rid of my furkid if not they will take futher action againt me!!Pirate...i love them to dealth and i dun want to get rid of them.....i really dun know what to do now....

bebeannie
Novice

Jan 24, 2007, 1:14 AM

Post #25 of 31 (23046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [candy7421] Apartment banned dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah!

know what... i saw the signboard that everyway in my apartment, even the park area.....

they also put the sign that " not allowed pets or anykind in this area" ... " not allowend pets or anykind in this permises"

everytime i saw this sign i feel like " y this kinda ppl mind or so "sempit" one?"

i also don know how to settle my worried.... just that let it be... and i don want you all to come and "kacau" me....

and one more very funny thing is.. when my bebe hear the "ding dong" bell rang ( door bell ) he will very mad on it and keep barking barking to the door.... ( seems like he knows someone will come and kidnap him ) even sometime there is a movie that someone pressing the door bell " ding dong" he also will be mad one! hahahahahaha!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my