Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family?

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 10, 2005, 8:24 PM

Post #1 of 10 (1049 views)
Shortcut
How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family? Can't Post

Hi,

I currently have a dog who is a mongrile and she is very jealous dog. She has been with us for 11 years already. At the moment i am planning to get another dog most probably a puppy and i would like to know how can i make my current accept a new puppy in the family? I am affraid that my current dog mite bite the puppy. Please advise me on ways or technique that i can overcome this problem.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 10, 2005, 9:03 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egnck] How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi egnck,

I suggest, if you take your dog out for walks then you should take your older dog out and meet the pup in a neutral place. At this juncture try not to pay too much attention to the pup but to your dog by praising it as and if he does not show any aggression however if he does you must tell it off. If all things are going well and manage to take the pup home without any problems then the next step is you must always say hello to the dog first before the pup and if for any reason while you are with the pup and the dog comes over, turn your attention to the dog and then slowly turn your attention back to the dog.

In most cases with a dog of 11 years, the pup should be fine but just in case move cautiously.

All the best. What sort of pup are you looking for?

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 10, 2005, 11:06 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your advice. At the moment i have four breeds on my mind which is a bulldog, pug, beagle or a besset hound. The problem is they are all so cute and lovely so i cant make up my mind. Can u help me??? or give me any sugesstion

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 11, 2005, 5:11 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egnck] How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Help I do not think I can give you but suggestions, no issue. Can you let know how old you are, what you wish your dog to do and generally how much time you have to spend on your dog.

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 11, 2005, 8:59 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] How to make my current dog accept a new dog in the family? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I am 23 years old, i am looking for a dog that is obedient and good temperment. I do spend about half an hour or more with my current dog. For example i take her for walks everyday. So what kind of suggestion can u give me???

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 11, 2005, 4:51 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1023 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

First of all I am not fond of small dogs. If you require a dog that has good temperament, get a pup from a breeder not home breed but a breeder. These people show their dogs so the temperament can be lutterally guaranteed. You wish to have a reasonably good guard dog, Beagle would be fine but they do bark for no reason at times so you need to train it well, then you have the GR more of less the same. A bigger breed like Dobermann is very good too but again get from a breeder and I wud suggest a female as you can handle it better for that matter a GSD, Malinois would be great. Note I did not suggest any pug face dogs as these dogs tend to have respitory issues with our weather.

If you prefer toy breed, the barking can be annoying mainly due to the pitch of their bark and they can and usually very dominant so you may end pampering and spoiling them. Remember, toy breed dogs are in genaral man made to sit on lap so they are breed to be pampered. If you have doubts are wish to have a clearer picture you can give me a call on 019 231-1032

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 11, 2005, 7:31 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Hey PSY,

Anyway how old are you??? and also what type of breed do u have??

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 12, 2005, 3:59 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1013 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I am in my mid 40s and I have a dob, a weimer, a dane and part own a GSD and a GR

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 12, 2005, 4:33 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1012 views)
Shortcut

WOW!!! 5 different types of dogs. You must have had alot of problem when introducing a new dog into your home. Nowonder you know how advice me on my problem hhehehehe. I wish my house have a big compound so i can rare big dogs.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 12, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Hi, there is nothing to it. I do not have 5 dogs with me only 3, the two are with the other owner. Like I have mentioned if you like to know more or a little more on breeds call me.

Cheerio for now.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my