Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel).

alanlim
Novice

Nov 1, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #1 of 23 (5371 views)
Shortcut
Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). Can't Post

Hi Everyone.

My Name is Alan and I have one Maltese and one English Cocker Spaniel. I seriously need help to hunt for a good dog groomer in Ipoh which can do a good job for me.

Previously, I used to sent them to a groomer stationed at "champion dog" in Greentown but few months ago, the Groomer (from Thailand), leave the place for good. Since then, I still couldn't find a good groomer which can clip my cocker and maltese well.

Few months ago, I got a very bad experience whereby when I sent my cocker spaniel to one of the famous groomer in ipoh garden. She did the job so badly and she didn't even bother to use scissor to cut. she straight away use clipper to clip her whole body which later on make her looks like a "mad dog". I was so angry, but of course, I can't do anything.

I used to pay 90 dollars for a full body grooming in Greentown, but since that lady is not there anymore, I can't find any good place for my doggies.

I have tried a few, but got no luck. Especially my cocker spaniel. Since she doesn't like people touching her back, some groomer refuse to groom her and think she is too aggresive.

So, I would appreciate if anyone here could recommed me a good groomer in Ipoh. Even in KL, I am willing to bring her over for a nice groom job.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 1, 2005, 9:03 AM

Post #2 of 23 (5366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanlim] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

alanlim

hmm... i got 2 maltese too! well nearby my house got few.. im from sunway. do u have msn? feel free to add me: the _ little _ monk (no space) at hot mail

Regards,

Yang

May
Old Hand

Nov 2, 2005, 4:50 PM

Post #3 of 23 (5347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alanlim] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

You could try Wow Wow Meow Meow at Jalan Pudu, KL. The business is mainly on grooming and they do conduct grooming classes too. Groomer trained in Japan. Highly recommended .....

mousechee

Nov 3, 2005, 12:01 AM

Post #4 of 23 (5337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

hello leecy,

Alan is looking for a groomer in Ipoh.

Don't be offended,k? Just pointing it out.

mousechee

Nov 3, 2005, 12:07 AM

Post #5 of 23 (5334 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alanlim,

I am in Ipoh. Sorry can't recommend you any grooomer because I am a new puppy owner. Also looking for a reliable groomer.

Do you mind telling me the name of the groomer in Ipoh Garden that you had bad experience with please? I stay at Ipoh G. East so I want to avoid that groomer. Thanks.

mousechee

Nov 3, 2005, 12:11 AM

Post #6 of 23 (5333 views)
Shortcut

okok, I missed his last sentence-"Even in KL, I am willing to bring her over for a nice groom job."

So, I was temporarily blinded earlier. Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Wait a minute. KL and Sunway is quite far apart...Hmmm.

KehKehKeh!

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 5, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #7 of 23 (5319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mousechee] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

mousechee

from johor to sunway or kl makes no different lah. anyway, sunway to kl needs only 15 mins. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

mousechee

Nov 7, 2005, 3:30 AM

Post #8 of 23 (5309 views)
Shortcut

hah? no difference? traffic jam leh?

alanlim
Novice

Nov 9, 2005, 6:11 AM

Post #9 of 23 (5300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mousechee] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.

The name of the vet is "ipoh garden vet". Somewhere near Woolies.

The vet is fantastic. It's just the groomer that I don't like. You might want to try out, they price is OK, but I don't like the groom job.

mousechee

Nov 9, 2005, 7:05 AM

Post #10 of 23 (5295 views)
Shortcut

dr goh?

thanks for the info

shanyee
Novice

Nov 12, 2005, 6:31 AM

Post #11 of 23 (5273 views)
Shortcut

hi alan...actually u went to which ipoh garden? izzit ipoh garden east or south. there is one grooming centre near jusco along da road which leads to bercham and its actually situated behind a row of shop houses which facing da road. im not sure bt da grooming professionalism there but da place looks ok n maybe u can ask around bt da place from anyone cuz i neve bring my baby there. i actually livin in kl n i used to send my MS to a groomer in sri petaling. im very satisfy as they've done a very good job grooming my baby. i wish u luck in huntin for a perfect groomer 4 ur babies.

chewec
Novice

Nov 21, 2006, 6:54 AM

Post #12 of 23 (4970 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I got the same problem as you previously, looking high and low for a good groomer in ipoh. luckily, i found one thru a friend recommendation recently. A new groomer in Ipoh garden East, she just came back from KL and did a good job for my dog. Her contact number is 016-5610299 sherynn. she is now operating at home, according to her, she gonna open a shop in Ipoh garden east near to Dr. Gilbert vet clinic. but now under renovation. worth to give it a try,

mikoyuki

Dec 1, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #13 of 23 (4929 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alan,

First of all, cocker spaniel cut required clipping half of their body, 1/3 of their ears and little bit of trimming on their legs (if required, but usually if owner want to leave their fur long, so no trimming required). If you all don't believe, can view the link below, which show how to groom a cocker spaniel for show quality:

http://www.megacom.net/.../grooming/index.html

Do u have a pic taken right after her grooming? Let us all judge whether your dog looks like a mad dog. I don't think any groomers would want to look a dog looks bad. Maybe lack of communication with the groomer before the session might cause unnecessary prob like owner doesn't like the final look, but definitely no groomers would make a dog look like a mad dog. Else, why are they in such a profession for? Money? Do u think a few hours of job with big risk of getting bites and infections from dogs worth just merely below hundred?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a groomer myself. I go into this profession for the love of dogs, not for the money. I have close knit friendship with other groomers here in Ipoh, because we all love dogs and we wanna groom them to make them looks good, so that owner will shower them with love. I have got serious worm infection from a dog I groomed weeks ago, which left me in pain, limping around for one mth, hundred of ringgits spent to cure it. So why am I still in the profession?

If u don't like the grooming job, go to the groomer directly and tell him/her so, maybe he/she can do something in return for u rather than have it publisize here. If i'm wrong in any way...then deepest apology.

chewec
Novice

Dec 8, 2006, 4:20 PM

Post #14 of 23 (4904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chewec] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi, I got the same problem as you previously, looking high and low for a good groomer in ipoh. luckily, i found one thru a friend recommendation recently. A new groomer in Ipoh garden East, she just came back from KL and did a good job for my dog. Her contact number is 016-5610299 sherynn. she is now operating at home, according to her, she gonna open a shop in Ipoh garden east near to Dr. Gilbert vet clinic. but now under renovation. worth to give it a try,

In addition to my last post, the groomer i've mentioned has just open her grooming shop in Taman Ipoh Timur, she sent me some info of the shops, i would like to share it with all...you can see her blog below:

http://pethaus.blogspot.com/

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 9, 2006, 9:25 AM

Post #15 of 23 (4900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikoyuki] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Alan,

First of all, cocker spaniel cut required clipping half of their body, 1/3 of their ears and little bit of trimming on their legs (if required, but usually if owner want to leave their fur long, so no trimming required). If you all don't believe, can view the link below, which show how to groom a cocker spaniel for show quality:

www.megacom.net/~damboise/english/grooming/index.html

Do u have a pic taken right after her grooming? Let us all judge whether your dog looks like a mad dog. I don't think any groomers would want to look a dog looks bad. Maybe lack of communication with the groomer before the session might cause unnecessary prob like owner doesn't like the final look, but definitely no groomers would make a dog look like a mad dog. Else, why are they in such a profession for? Money? Do u think a few hours of job with big risk of getting bites and infections from dogs worth just merely below hundred?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a groomer myself. I go into this profession for the love of dogs, not for the money. I have close knit friendship with other groomers here in Ipoh, because we all love dogs and we wanna groom them to make them looks good, so that owner will shower them with love. I have got serious worm infection from a dog I groomed weeks ago, which left me in pain, limping around for one mth, hundred of ringgits spent to cure it. So why am I still in the profession? If u don't like the grooming job, go to the groomer directly and tell him/her so, maybe he/she can do something in return for u rather than have it publisize here. If i'm wrong in any way...then deepest apology.

i do agree with mikoyuki. i am no professional groomer and no friend of mikoyuki but i feel that if you are not satisfied with the grooming, you should feedback to the groomer right away. at least you give them a chance to retify the dis-satisfaction. my understanding from my groomer and people from overseas whom i talked to occasionally online, different groomers do have different way of styling and clipping. groomers are being taught differently by different teachers. what you like may not be what they have been taught in the grooming school. i do not know how bad the problem is but i think one should always give the other party the benefit of doubt.

anyway, if i have to send my yorky for grooming, i would look for the followings: (1) groomer must be a HUGE dog lover and very patience (2) hygiene and cleanliness of the place and equipment (3) grooming products used such as brand of shampoo and conditioner for example (4) price - if groomer using better quality brand of grooming products, i dont mind paying a bit more (5) grooming skill. the reason i put grooming skill last is not because they are not important but i assume they would have at least the basic standard skill already before they actually come out to work. the only difference i see in the grooming skill is the styling part. it is a question of how you want your dog to be groomed. and this is the part whereby created a lot of dis-satisfaction and complaints. on top of the 5 pointers, clipper burnt or accidentally cut into my dog skin and bleed, this is somewhat not acceptable to me. most probably accidentally cut into my dog's skin and bleed can still be excusable if the groomer inform me and apologise for that. otherwise, i will be #$%^&@#@!%^& Mad

just sharing.....

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 9, 2006, 9:27 AM

Post #16 of 23 (4898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chewec] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

In addition to my last post, the groomer i've mentioned has just open her grooming shop in Taman Ipoh Timur, she sent me some info of the shops, i would like to share it with all...you can see her blog below:

pethaus.blogspot.com/

interesting. may i ask what brand of grooming products is she using in her salon?? what brand of shampoo and conditioner??

chewec
Novice

Dec 9, 2006, 6:05 PM

Post #17 of 23 (4895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_tan2004] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I didn't noticed and didn't asked, maybe next time i go there i will ask her. Wink

cris
Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2006, 6:58 PM

Post #18 of 23 (4893 views)
Shortcut

i used plush puppy portein conditioner too. There is another brand that is very nice , its called "Day To Day". You can get this in House of Groomer. I found it to be very nice especialy "Ice on Ice". I used quite a few items from plush puppy which i purchased from Singapore too....as no one is selling that in malaysia.

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 10, 2006, 1:13 AM

Post #19 of 23 (4888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cris] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i used plush puppy portein conditioner too. There is another brand that is very nice , its called "Day To Day". You can get this in House of Groomer. I found it to be very nice especialy "Ice on Ice". I used quite a few items from plush puppy which i purchased from Singapore too....as no one is selling that in malaysia.

hi, welcome aboard. guess i am not the only one using plush puppy here Wink

i have tried day to day shampoo and ice on ice but honestly, i didnt like it. i dislike the coconut smell from the shampoo and the ice on ice tend to make my yorky's coat sticky and easily matted after few days lof using. i wonder why?? Frown however, i do like the day to day conditioner though.

good news!! Sly. a friend from singapore who shows yorky there will be visiting me tomorrow. she happens to use pure paws products and swear by it! she was telling me that pure paws is a big hit right now in singapore and many who have tried, like herself, is very convinced and satisfied with the result. i hope she is being honest with me. she will be getting for me the ultra brightening and reconstructing shampoo, ultra moisturizing and deep conditioner, ultra shine conditioning spray and ultra cream conditioner. cant wait to try them out tomorrow when she is here. i really hope i wont be disappointed with it Tongue otherwise i guess i just have to stick to plush puppy and will need to order from singapore soon since mine running out. plush puppy is more expensive than pure paws in singapore as i was told.

will let you guys know the outcome after using pure paws. stay tune... Wink

chewec
Novice

Dec 10, 2006, 8:46 PM

Post #20 of 23 (4877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_tan2004] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, let us know once you have tried! Wink

babymiki
Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2006, 12:51 AM

Post #21 of 23 (4855 views)
Shortcut

i have one. in ipoh garden east. 0125795003/0165593007 Sam. The shop is upstairs.

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

babymiki
Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2006, 12:57 AM

Post #22 of 23 (4855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shanyee] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi alan...actually u went to which ipoh garden? izzit ipoh garden east or south. there is one grooming centre near jusco along da road which leads to bercham and its actually situated behind a row of shop houses which facing da road. im not sure bt da grooming professionalism there but da place looks ok n maybe u can ask around bt da place from anyone cuz i neve bring my baby there. i actually livin in kl n i used to send my MS to a groomer in sri petaling. im very satisfy as they've done a very good job grooming my baby. i wish u luck in huntin for a perfect groomer 4 ur babies.

which part of sri petaling?

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

chewec
Novice

Dec 18, 2006, 6:36 PM

Post #23 of 23 (4851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Good Groomer in Ipoh (for cocker spaniel). [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i have one. in ipoh garden east. 0125795003/0165593007 Sam. The shop is upstairs.

Oh Sam, i know her, but everytime i want to send my doogie there need to wait for at least 1 week for the appoinment!!! and she doesn't accept walk in customer!! it takes too long just to get groomed, I really can't wait that long! what if you, the owner don't take bath for a week, how would you feel? our lovable doogie is the same. so I found this shop, Pethaus at ipoh garden east, they have 2 groomers there, and they accept walk in customers, and got my doggie groomed in 2 hours! price is reasonable as well!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my