Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
COLE VS COOKIE

bettawalk

Oct 31, 2005, 4:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4535 views)
Shortcut
COLE VS COOKIE Can't Post

Hi guy,
Some of you might have notice i just adopted a 8 month old female min pin. She all great and friendly but she tends to triump over Cole. :(

Cole is currently a 2 year + male min pin but he is smaller than her in size and weaker than her too.

Lately... as i have been watching them, Cookie tends to chase Cole out each time I come near by them.
Cole tends to be rather quiet lately when it comes to his toys as he use to be very playfull around them. Maybe its because Cookie tend to snatch the toy away from Cole to often.

Is there anyway on getting Cole on top, not Cookie on top, as i notice Cole has been rather gloomy lately :(

.:: King Of Toys , The Miniature Pincher ::.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2005, 7:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bettawalk] COLE VS COOKIE [In reply to] Can't Post

bettawalk

as u are suppose to be alpha for both of them, of corse u can decide who is higher ranked. U should start it by training both of ur dogs, ask them to sit or give commands before giving them eat or letting them play the toy. let them be clear that you are the one who make decision.

then, decide which dog to be higher ranked. Let him/her eat 1st, greet him/her 1st, give him/her toy 1st, everything 1st, so that they know ur arrangement.

It is hard to tell u everything in a single thread, do try & see then we shall continue discussing ok? Wink

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my