Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Beagle-stubborn dog

pengpeng
New User

Apr 23, 2003, 8:34 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Beagle-stubborn dog Can't Post

SmileI have a 4 months old beagle puppy, his name is Marco, he's definitely an intelligent puppy. He can respond to me when I call his name on second day of his arrival(10week)Tongue. Weeks later after reading a book on Beagle (Elizabeth Lanyon) which does not recommend PEE & POO inside the crate. He usually poo twice a day after meal. I notice that he has the tendency to play/eat his own stoolPirate. Bad habit! To prevent him from doing it, I have to spend time monitoring him closely. Every time he poo, I have to be there to clean up the mess immediately. I tried to train him to poo outdoor but fail despite hours of waitingUnsure. He will only poo when I put him back into the crate........I have no time to wait for him because I need to work.

Mad I usually hand feed him in order to make sure he finish his meal. Now that he is so use to hand feeding, he refuse to eat on his own.

ShockedWould vaccination affect puppy appetite?

UnimpressedWould 4 months old beagle puppy change teeth?

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 23, 2003, 11:25 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pengpeng] Beagle-stubborn dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Peng Peng,
not sure if this is helpful:
Trivor, my 4 months old Golden Retriever, got her 3rd jap last month, nothing affected her appetite so far. she still eat and play as usual, but little tired on the day after the last jap.
My sister's pekingnese lose her teeth when she was 3-6 months time. I remembered when she played tug-of-war with her pekingnese, she accidentallyy pulled her teeth out. Her doggies got new teeth very soon. Howver, this did not happen to Trivor, yet. I guess it depends on breed?

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

schatzie
Novice

Apr 24, 2003, 6:56 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Beagle-stubborn dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hei.. i got a 4 months old goldie too! but now is 4 months liao..

lost 2 teeth .. but grew back soon.... no problem with tht....i noticed tht her teeth were bleeding cuz there were stains of blood marks on my socks which she plays with...... thn i checked.. her teeth was coming out... thn dunno whn it grew back . but it did! so dont worry..

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 24, 2003, 10:54 PM

Post #4 of 6 (998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schatzie] Beagle-stubborn dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,
Oh, golden also change teeth? Mine haven't yet, she bites me very often, btu when I said Oucchhhh loudly, she will release it.
Her teeth are so sharp, how I wish she looses all ber teeth haahaahaaaa.... (sui owner)...Cool
Thanks for the info. I may chekc her teeth too...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

doodle
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #5 of 6 (953 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

My dog poo alot of times a day too! Perhaps up to 6 times! 3 in morning, 3 at night. He pees even more!
It makes me wonder alot!

How to train them to poo and pee twice a day. Once in morning and as much as he wants after 5.30 (after i come back from work)

I guess what I am asking is quite impossible unless he grows up. Sigh

carmine

Jun 9, 2003, 6:18 AM

Post #6 of 6 (930 views)
Shortcut

Vet told me that her appetite might change slightly for a few days after vaccination but Snowy (my 5-month-old beagle) was fine during her 3 vaccinations. Four of her teeth came out last month (when she's 4 month old), one a day, but they are growing again now.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my