Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 26, 2003, 8:25 AM

Post #26 of 41 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonlyh] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Jason,

was the sign already there during our last gathering walk ? I dun recall seeing any sign ler. I doubt that anyone really dare to ignore the sign coz like u say... intimidating lar. So how now ? am feeling so sad coz, I really hope to bring Mocha there to meet up with u guys sometime in May now no more hope..... Unsure

cheers,
minglmy

luckey
ALPHA

Apr 26, 2003, 10:00 AM

Post #27 of 41 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont think the sign was there at your last gathering... just got put up this week i think. maybe it means no walking doggies on the road, can't imagine they would mind if you walked in the jungle, coz someone told me the reason was the animal droppings. In the hill they would not see it. But i guess you need to walk on the road to access the jungle Crazy

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #28 of 41 (2782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,

From what little I've heard, that vicinity is supposed to be private property. Used to be owned by a businessman called "Ng Heng Heam" (not sure of spelling), who is now deceased. It may be part of his family estate now. But I don't know how DBKL comes into the picture. However, this is unconfirmed and requires further research. Any chance of MKA helping us out here ???? I'm sure their networks are stronger and naturally, their voices louder too. Maybe, MKA is able to have a dialogue with DBKL, not only to clarify this issue, but also in lobbying for a dog-friendly park (just like they did with the dog licence issue).

I would like to believe that the problem arises from irresponsible dog owners. These people do not clean up after their dogs, and also allow their dogs to run offleash without respecting fellow joggers/hikers who may have an aversion for dogs (religious or otherwise). I have personally seen people who let their dogs run off-leash, beyond their owner's sight, do their business, or even sniff people up. When the owner comes by, he/she just walk past as if nothing happened. They've even remarked that their dogs are "friendly" and "won't bite". They forget the fact that some people just don't like dogs - FULLSTOP! Whether or not the dogs friendly or won't bite is not the point. Granted, their dogs may be friendly and well trained, but dogs cannot differentiate a person's religion. It's up to the human owners to do that, which is why in our country, it is our responsibility to keep our dogs leashed in a public place. I had half a mind to tell them off, but refrained from doing so, lest they call me a busybody. My fears came true, and now, our pets are banned.

I also feel that the authorities are taking the easy way out. If indeed there were public complaints about dog owners, DBKL could have easily put up a sign to educate pet owners on their responsibilities (e.g. remind people to pick up poo, to respect religious beliefs, ensure dogs are leashed/ muzzled, provide more dustbins etc. etc.). But instead, they put up a sign to ban all pets. Job done. It's as good as banning all motorists from using the roads just because a handful of them ignore all known traffic rules. On the same token, why not ban all joggers too since I have also seen some of them dump used tissues on the road, uprooting ferns to take home (presumable as home decor) etc. I just fail to understand what goes on in those decision makers' minds.

This latest development simply reflects how irrational the council can sometimes be.

cyphang
Canine Addict

Apr 27, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #29 of 41 (2773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

I walk SUnnie at the playground at Taman desa here...so far no signs and still many people bring their dogs...but not so big lah...only one football field size loh...sufficient for Sunnie lah.
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 28, 2003, 9:43 AM

Post #30 of 41 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello cyphang,

Thanks alot for the info,but tm desa is quite far from my place.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

leah_caeflab
Novice

Apr 28, 2003, 6:11 PM

Post #31 of 41 (2723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

So, is the gathering still on or not? where?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Apr 28, 2003, 6:36 PM

Post #32 of 41 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leah_caeflab] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

The walk is considered cancelled until we are able to find alternative location. Stay tuned.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

lulugurl
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #33 of 41 (2707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

This happen is Penang too. To be specific, in Youth park. We dont used to have a trail up the hill there. The trail that exist today is actually being built by Non anti dog ppl together with their dog that sniff their way up there.

The trail used to be just a dirt trail without any stairs and short cuts but after much work, hikers are able to hike up using various ways and also enjoy the view from up there with much comfort for those who started the place had brought up some couch and build some chairs even TV and stove to cook some food for us.

Then, those anti dog ppl started to hike up too..Netherless to say, with those stares and also hell knows wat they are murmuring at our beloved kids there is a signboard put up at the bottom of the hill. We found out about this during a plan hike up. Ended up in gurney drive..Mad My dad told me that there's another board up on the hill on the following day.

Wat i'm so furious about is, i got a verbal promise that we can do wat ever we want with the small hill from the attendent of the park AFTER which he threatens to shoot my dog when i wander around with her inside the park.MadMad

While those ppl can simply take their beloved pets for a walk( as if they will) y cant we do the same. It's not like our dog will go bonkers everytime they see someone, rite?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

KEIDOU

Apr 29, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #34 of 41 (2691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

AngelicHI, EVERYONE!!!i m newbie here n my puppy is a miniature schnauzer.MY NAME KEIDOU WONG N MY PUPPY IS CALLED FRIJOL. i haf a GREAT NEWS : I FOUND A NEW GARDEN (THAT NOTICE BOARD HAVEN BUILD YET) NEAR JLN IPOH ...SUNGAI MAS COMPLEX... CAN BRING THE DOGGIE THERE . I JUST BRING MY FRIJOL TO THIS BEAUTIFUL GARDEN WITH LAKE , AT SUNDAY. YESTERDAY , 1ST TIME I BRING FRIJOL GO OUT. COZ I THINK SHE GET SOME PROBLEM, I SCARE SHE THINKS SHE IS A HUMAN!!! SO I NEED TO FIND FRIENDS FOR HER. TODAY SHE BECOME QUIET N KIND, MAYBE YESTERDAY TOO TIRED 4 HER!!!

HOPE I CAN BRING ALL THE DOG LOVER TO THIS GARDEN, BEFORE THE ANTI DOG NOTICE BOARD BUILD UP!!!!! Pirate
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 29, 2003, 3:00 AM

Post #35 of 41 (2682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello KEIDOU,

This is good news! How big is the garden? Any other dogs other than Frijol? Can u pls tell the exact location?lol! am i asking too much?

Oh yeah,can u introduce yourself and frijol at the member introduction section?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

carynn

Apr 29, 2003, 10:18 PM

Post #36 of 41 (2663 views)
Shortcut

Hi Keidou! Welcome to the forum...I'm very happy to welcome YET another MS owner...as u can see from the pix in the forum, I too have a little fella named Harvey Milkbone. If u r able to join us for on eof the outings, you'll get to see many other MS such as Arthur's & Sharon's Lee-Ron, Lee-Sha & Pepper Girl, Edward's Enzo....and there are many more!!!
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 30, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #37 of 41 (2651 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

welcome to the forum.... I'm glad that you found another park that we could go to. Thanks for the infos. Do join us for the next gathering in KK on the 14th. See ya !

cheers,

cheers,
minglmy

KEIDOU

May 3, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #38 of 41 (2623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Labour Day Walk, Bukit Kiara May 1, 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, im happy meet new fren that everyone like doggie here. say HISly to :ADAMCHOOI, CARYNN,*MiNg YaNg* !!!

MY PC ruined down few days ago so i cant connect who that want to go this garden .... then i went there with my parent n fren... i like this garden but havent visit all part of this garden..... there haf children playground, rock climbing, skate n bycicle padang, n lake ....

this place called METROPOLITAN GARDEN.

u can go from kl by jln kuching (after the old toll) till a round about. then turn 3 0clock, u can c sungai mas complex at ur right side.then straigh to juction with trafic light, can c a masjid, DUN PASS THE TRAFIJ LIGHT,just turn left, then go straigh pass trafik,can c chinese primary school at left ,go straigh n turn right .its resident area :right ,double storey ;left a field n shop. NOW ,GO STRAIGHT TILL END N TURN RIGHT .THE GARDEN IN FRONT OF U!!! IF STILL DUN KNOW ,next time i lead all go there !!!choose a day lah.

anyway where is kk? first ,i think is kota kinabaru Crazy..... i guess is kuala kangsar,rite?

TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 3, 2003, 12:20 AM

Post #39 of 41 (2619 views)
Shortcut

hi keidou,

no no no..not that far, KOTA KEMUNING is at shah alam!!

(How to go to Kota Kemuning)
  1. www.kotakemuning.net
  2. U might be prompted to download the Flash plug-in and so forth..
  3. Click 'Enter site', u will see a new window
  4. At the top , u will see "Location", click on it, a new window will pop up.
  5. Then click 'Click to View' to view the location map

1. Once enter into the KK township, you will see a big roundabout, make a right turn (3 o'clock)
  2. Drive straight for about 1.3KM (along the way, you will see the lake on the left and mostly-vacant-shop-houses on your right)
  3. You will end up at a Y-junction
  4. Turn left at the Y-junction, and drive up further
  5. You will end up at another Y-junction
  6. Turn left, park your car.
  7. The venue is about 50meters from the parking area.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

KEIDOU

May 3, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #40 of 41 (2613 views)
Shortcut

thanks ...can i call u Adam?

can i ask a question....do u know how 2 make a new topic? i just now how to reply.

do u bring ur doggie to anyplace like cafe. one in tmn megah close oredi, u know where can bring dog for food or gathering?CrazyCrazy i know taiwan many but muslim country...Frown

i invite u 2 my place:www.geocities.com/wongliyeekeidou

p/s:u r Mr or Ms?
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 3, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #41 of 41 (2604 views)
Shortcut

hi keidou,

yes u can call me adam........

To start a new thread, just click on "Post new" on the top right at any forum category u entered.

Well, i've brought cookie to Starbucks once and we sat at the outdoor section.If u know any cafe that cater for dogs as well.. do inform me k?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my