Advice please... How to Groom My PUG?

derrickchg
Novice

Oct 28, 2005, 11:28 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Advice please... How to Groom My PUG? Can't Post

Smile Hi Guys,

Need to seek your assistance. I heard that PUg Shed alot, was it true? How do i groom him? Can anyone help me.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 29, 2005, 5:58 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derrickchg] Advice please... How to Groom My PUG? [In reply to] Can't Post

derrickchg

It is very common for ppl to misunderstand long coat dogs tend to shed more than short coat ones, but in many cases, short coat wants sheds a lot, I am not sure abt pug but I think it supposed to shed quite a lot. Long coat dogs who shed less for eg. maltese, silky terrier, poodle etc. Smile

Regards,

Yang

lynboey
Novice

Oct 31, 2005, 1:06 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Easy lah! Just brush down the whole body daily or alternate days. Use a wet wipe (e.g. baby wipes) to clean the folds/creases at the muzzle. If you take your pug outdoors, check the feet pads (spread open gently) to check for pebbles caught inside - can also wipe with wet wipes.

Once a week, bathe with shampoo. Be careful not to get water into ears, eyes and nostrils.

That said, you will need to sweep/vacuum your house practically every day 'cos, yes, pugs shed.

Cheers!

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynboey] Advice please... How to Groom My PUG? [In reply to] Can't Post

lynboey

u own pugs? is that really matters ar to groom a short coat dog like pugs... Smile

Regards,

Yang

lynboey
Novice

Nov 1, 2005, 12:57 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Advice please... How to Groom My PUG? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a 5.5 month pug.

Since pugs shed, if you want to lessen the loose hairs on your furniture and cushions, yes, you should brush down every day or alternate day. The grooming is not for appearance as in the case of a long haired breed.

Whoever came up with the term 'pugnacious' was mighty unfair to pugs!

derrickchg
Novice

Jan 21, 2006, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1226 views)
Shortcut

hi Lynboey,

So how is ur pug? enjoy every minutes of it. Do you have a male or female? I still looking for one as i am very choosee on the quality. Seen a few but not that impressing.

Will look for it again. Do you think it will be a issue if i bring it along to my new condo? Do they bark often ?

Any advise?

lynboey
Novice

Jan 24, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1218 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

You seem to be doing the right thing - taking your time and waiting for the 'right one'.

Does your condo allow dogs? Some don't, you know. Oh, one thing you should know about pugs is that they can be very greedy. As one book I read put it, they can put up 'an Award-winning performance of a famine victim'! Check out books specially on pugs at the bookshops.

My pug is now 8 months and just passed her Canine Good Citizen exam on Sunday (yay!).

She doesn't bark much, but boy! does she shed!

Good luck with your search!

pingpong
Novice

Mar 6, 2006, 9:46 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Just a word of advise. The food and shampoo also helps in reducing shedding. Pingpong used to shed a lot but as the years go by....it has been reduced when I change his food and shampoo. Come and join us to find out more about pugs. We got many years of experience and still learning. Pugs rule!!!FrownThey are adorable, lovable and the best dogs anyone can have.

In Reply To

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my