Dog freindly places

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

felichia
New User

Oct 25, 2005, 12:54 PM

Post #1 of 38 (5754 views)
Shortcut
Dog freindly places Can't Post

Just came back from a weekend trip to PD.Like all dog owners i call every resort/hotel to enquire wether pets are allowed and the answer is no. So i pack my stuff and went anyway since PD is just an hour away from KL. When I got there i drove from PD town all the way up to Teluk Kemang about 14 km looking for any resort that will take me and my pet. Finally i stop at a place call Laguna Beach Resort and I asked the security guard if there is any room or unit available for me and my dog. The answer was yes on the first try. He call a guy name Balan who maintain some of the units there and he showed up telling me there's six unit available. So I took a 2 room apartment for the weekend and had a wonderful time with Tung Tung. I even found a secluded beach for him to run around.

Call me or write to me before planning on going. Lots of hint and advice. I learned it the hard way. My handphone number is 019-3319969 Felicia

natasha_fernz

Oct 25, 2005, 5:15 PM

Post #2 of 38 (5741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [felichia] Dog freindly places [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Felicia

I am really excited about this bit of news... So Laguna Beach resort really allowed your dog in? Could your dog stay in the room/apartment with you?

Also what is the breed of your dog? Cause Cleo is a Labrador and she's pretty big, so usually alot of places don't mind small dogs but the minute they see such a big dog people get a bit scared eventhough she is really gentle and calm... So I don't know if they'll be alright with such a big dog at the resort...
Natasha Fernz
Frown

CLEOPATRA'S Blog:MAD ABOUT LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

(This post was edited by natasha_fernz on Oct 25, 2005, 5:27 PM)

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 25, 2005, 5:19 PM

Post #3 of 38 (5738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] Dog freindly places [In reply to] Can't Post

hi felicia,

i'm interest in bringing my puppy to PD on this coming raya holiday.

here is some question i would like to hear from u as an advice...

1. where is laguna resort? do u have their phone num? how's room rate?? how's the environment??

2. u mentioned that there are secure area for me and my puppy to run around, can tell exactly where is the area??

3. any other tips on bringing a small shih tzu going to PD???

thanks a lot..
i'm blur..blur...blurprincess....

http://www.blurprincess.blogdrive.com

kk9375

Oct 25, 2005, 6:30 PM

Post #4 of 38 (5727 views)
Shortcut

so glad to hear from you for such a good news,n i have d same question wth the others oso?wats ur puppy breed?n mine is a Golden,i thk he is too big also he is not full sized grow yet,n hows d roomrate as well??but,the most important is how to get there?thks for ur kindly reply,cheers ya~~

felichia
New User

Oct 26, 2005, 3:42 AM

Post #5 of 38 (5702 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,last weekend i had a great time with my 6 months old male Shi Tzu called Tung Tung in PD. But before anyone decide to go,be prepare to sacrifice some creature comfort. Innitially I wanted to stay in Avillion, a 5 star beach resort but because the resort dont allowed pets,i have to find alternative accommodations.So this is what i found out.

Basically most resort or hotel dont allowed pets if you call the management,because their boss say no. But many resort service apartments are owned privately by non-muslims and they will rent it out if you know the right people,pets or no pets, as long as there is money coming in.PD is basically over as a resort town and business is only good on weekends and many privately owned apartments are experiencing a slum in business. If PD sounds bad wait till you get to Teluk Kemang 12 km away.Most of the condo unit are practically deserted with no or little management at all. So many owners hire local maintanence people to rent out their units. The place i stayed at is called Laguna Beach Resort,sounds enchanting right but actually the truth is the place looks more like our typical KL apartments with about 2 percent occupation rate.The right word is abandoned. No food,no cafe,no entertainment,nothing except the lifts works and the swimming pools which is clean.So many Sacrifice. But again for the love of my Tung Tung i rent it anyway.The rate was RM150 a day on weekend for a 2 room unit, so what the hell.At least i can use it as base to check out the area.The unit that I rented for a day is luckily fully furnished,clean,aircon,tv no Astro,with clean running water but no hot shower.Other units have.

But the good news is our pet can run around for all he wish for no one cares. The place have access to the beach about 10 minutes walk away but if you prefer,you can drive there via a sideroad beside Ancasa Resort next door. Its a public beach for campers that have basic amenities like toilets and fresh water but the stalls are closed when i was there maybe because of puasa month.But the good thing is i can have the entire beach to ourselves.The sight of seeing my happy Tung Tung in full flight across a deserted beach not afraid of bumping into and chasing muslim people and learning to swim made up for all the sacrifice.

So if you are still planning to go after reading this post,here is what you need to prepare:

Take the KL - Seremban Highway to PD and when you get to the PD/Teluk Kemang TL junction go straight towards Teluk Kemang. Upon reaching Teluk Kemang, at the roundabout turn left 10 o,clock and go for another 5 minutes,Laguna Beach is on your right beside CoCobay Resort and Oceanview and Ancasa Resort.

Before going give this guy a call for reservations.His name is Balan,Hphone:012-2370847 He is the local maintenance guy.Give him a day to clean the place up.He also have access to other resort like PD Marina and i ask him to get access to some other better place like Bayu Beach Resort and Chorus Resorts & Apartments with full facilities.Will let me Know,and he says big or small dog also can.

Preparations:

1.Food:Bring your own,some units have cooking facilities some dont or eat out.Call Balan first.

2.Shelter:Because this apartments don't provide housekeeping bring your own pillows ,bedsheet and comforter if you want to sleep better.Also your own toiletries.Also something to freshen up your lodging,Lysol is good,cleans up all the smells.Sacrifice remember?

3.Security & Health:Because tis place is so quiet,preferably go as a group,5 or more,if not check in morning come back evening,dont worry they have security guard,just a precaution.I dont have have this problem,my hubby is a cop,he goes where no one dare threads.Mosquito repellents and spray,remember now is rainy season.A good working flashlight a must.

4.For your pets: Frontline to prevent fleas and insect bites. And lots of love.

So start planning,good luck

natasha_fernz

Oct 26, 2005, 5:39 PM

Post #6 of 38 (5680 views)
Shortcut

Hello Felicia

Thanks so much for the information. The resort sounds a bit run-down but I guess we'd be willing to rough it out if it means that Cleo can go to the beach. She's never been to the beach before but she loves the water!!! She wanted to jump into the pool at A Famosa a few times but we had to stop her cause they wouldn't allow dogs in the pool... Frown

I'll probably try to take her there during the Raya break as well... anybody else interested? Then maybe we can attempt a barbecue or something??? Since there's no food there... and I think it'll be difficult to take her with us to a restaurant too cause not all places welcome dogs...

Thanks again! Wink
Natasha Fernz
Frown

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 26, 2005, 6:47 PM

Post #7 of 38 (5674 views)
Shortcut

hi..i'm planning to go there during raya holiday also...

i'll be having raya holiday from 1/11 till 4/11..hope we can get together and have a bbq. do inform me when u going and i'll see whether is possbile for me to arrange on that time.. will be going with baobei and bf..

dear felicia, thanks for a information.. is very useful for new puppy owner like us.. really appreciate it..

natasha_fernz

Oct 26, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #8 of 38 (5671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blurprincess] Dog freindly places [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

i'll be having raya holiday from 1/11 till 4/11..hope we can get together and have a bbq. do inform me when u going and i'll see whether is possbile for me to arrange on that time.. will be going with baobei and bf..

Hello there... We're looking at going for about the same time... 2/11-4/11. But must check my fiance's work schedule. I'm on holiday then so it's no problem for me. What is a "baobei"? But in any case if we do manage to go it'll just be me, my fiance douglas and our baby Cleo. Will keep you posted on this... see you there maybe? Wink it'll be really great if we manage to go together... and we love barbecues although the two of us are really bad at doing it... hope you're better at it than we are!
Natasha Fernz
Frown

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 26, 2005, 8:10 PM

Post #9 of 38 (5669 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Hello there... We're looking at going for about the same time... 2/11-4/11. But must check my fiance's work schedule. I'm on holiday then so it's no problem for me. What is a "baobei"? But in any case if we do manage to go it'll just be me, my fiance douglas and our baby Cleo. Will keep you posted on this... see you there maybe? Wink it'll be really great if we manage to go together... and we love barbecues although the two of us are really bad at doing it... hope you're better at it than we are!

baobei is my little 4 months shih tzu.. i might be going there if friend is not coming to my house during that period. if she is coming, then i just cancel it...i'm bad in bbq also.. but i'm good luck to have a bf who is a chef... so no worry about food stuff... but if there is good restaurant... we might try it out as well... keep me update ur status ya.. thanks alot...

natasha_fernz

Oct 27, 2005, 6:46 PM

Post #10 of 38 (5624 views)
Shortcut

Okay, will try and let you know by Monday or Tuesday next week whether or not we are going.Wink Is that too late? Cause Douglas to work on Tuesday and if they don't finish on Tues, then they have to carry forward to Wednesday which means that if we do manage to go it'll be on Thursday... but cannot confirm yet. How long are you planning to stay, just one night? or two nights?
Natasha Fernz
Frown

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 28, 2005, 4:35 PM

Post #11 of 38 (5584 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Okay, will try and let you know by Monday or Tuesday next week whether or not we are going.Wink Is that too late? Cause Douglas to work on Tuesday and if they don't finish on Tues, then they have to carry forward to Wednesday which means that if we do manage to go it'll be on Thursday... but cannot confirm yet. How long are you planning to stay, just one night? or two nights?

ok..no problem...

i'm planning to stay for 1 night in pd and maybe another night in kl.. not confirm yet..

do give me an email if u r going at blurprincessss@yahoo.com, thanks ya

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 28, 2005, 10:18 PM

Post #12 of 38 (5557 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Take the KL - Seremban Highway to PD and when you get to the PD/Teluk Kemang TL junction go straight towards Teluk Kemang. Upon reaching Teluk Kemang, at the roundabout turn left 10 o,clock and go for another 5 minutes,Laguna Beach is on your right beside CoCobay Resort and Oceanview and Ancasa Resort.

Before going give this guy a call for reservations.His name is Balan,Hphone:012-2370847 He is the local maintenance guy.Give him a day to clean the place up.He also have access to other resort like PD Marina and i ask him to get access to some other better place like Bayu Beach Resort and Chorus Resorts & Apartments with full facilities.Will let me Know,and he says big or small dog also can.

Preparations:

1.Food:Bring your own,some units have cooking facilities some dont or eat out.Call Balan first.

2.Shelter:Because this apartments don't provide housekeeping bring your own pillows ,bedsheet and comforter if you want to sleep better.Also your own toiletries.Also something to freshen up your lodging,Lysol is good,cleans up all the smells.Sacrifice remember?

3.Security & Health:Because tis place is so quiet,preferably go as a group,5 or more,if not check in morning come back evening,dont worry they have security guard,just a precaution.I dont have have this problem,my hubby is a cop,he goes where no one dare threads.Mosquito repellents and spray,remember now is rainy season.A good working flashlight a must.

4.For your pets: Frontline to prevent fleas and insect bites. And lots of love.

So start planning,good luck

falicia,

i'm planning to go PD on 1/11, here is some question looking for ur advice.. is the apartment allow puppy to go in?? any other thing i have to remember in order to bring my little 4 month shih tzu to go PD? is it a must that my shih tzu have to be on leash?

dear natasha, i'm planning to go there on 1/11 and stay over night there before i go kl for further travel. if u are there on that time, shall we meet for bbq season?? if we are going to meet up, i'll need some times for bbq preparation...

natasha_fernz

Oct 29, 2005, 2:44 AM

Post #13 of 38 (5548 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

Just to say that we will NOT be at PD on the 1/11 cause my fiance is working on that day.. If we do go it'll be on the 3/11 or 4/11. That's too bad that we won't manage to get together... Frown oh well I'm sure that there'll be some other time..

Anyway you can look at my blog if you want to find places where you can take your dog to in KL...or you cna drop me an email :natashafernz

Enjoy your holidays...take care driving.
Natasha Fernz
Frown

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 29, 2005, 5:32 AM

Post #14 of 38 (5545 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi...

Just to say that we will NOT be at PD on the 1/11 cause my fiance is working on that day.. If we do go it'll be on the 3/11 or 4/11. That's too bad that we won't manage to get together... Frown oh well I'm sure that there'll be some other time..

Anyway you can look at my blog if you want to find places where you can take your dog to in KL...or you cna drop me an email :natashafernz

Enjoy your holidays...take care driving.

oh...that's too bad....maybe next time lah....for u all information.. i just call that balan for reservation the room... the charges for 1 room apartment per night is 200..but it is still ok if baobei able to travel with us..

the balan alsosaid that he can set up cooking facilities on extra charges...

not a bad ppl though...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 29, 2005, 8:03 AM

Post #15 of 38 (5538 views)
Shortcut

felichia

erm, may I know what PD means? hey, coincidently my dad is a police officer too! mind to let me know where ur hubby work at? Smile

Regards,

Yang

felichia
New User

Oct 29, 2005, 1:02 PM

Post #16 of 38 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Hi,aprtment area no leash okay,but bring along one just in case.

felichia
New User

Oct 29, 2005, 1:34 PM

Post #17 of 38 (5523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Dog freindly places [In reply to] Can't Post

PD short 4 Port dickson la! My Hubby says work in KL police HQ (D9)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 29, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #18 of 38 (5506 views)
Shortcut

felichia

haha, PD = Port Dickson!! aiksss... Tongue

Regards,

Yang

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 30, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #19 of 38 (5483 views)
Shortcut

felicia,

can i call u if i don't know how to reach the laguna beach resort???

more details on reservation of room:

when i called, the balan ask me how i got his hp num. he sound like an indian, and keep calling me aunty...(@#%$#%..i'm only 23 years old)...but he is quite ok..nice to talk with.... he will ask u everything u want to know...this are the question i ask

1. is there any option?..1 room apartment, 2 rooms apartment, 3 rooms apartment.

2. pirce. 1 room apartment = 150, the resr forget already since i'm not going to book more rooms apartment. sorry. he said, since i'm bringing puppy, he will give me a chinese own apartment.

3.the apartment i got have air con service, got kettle for boiling water, no kitchen facilities (can be set up on extra charges), got pillow and all stuff...

4. there is short distance from the resort to beach. that is wat i been told by balan.

the datails will be confirm after i came back from pd.. see u then.thank you

natasha_fernz

Oct 31, 2005, 4:37 PM

Post #20 of 38 (5468 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

We may not be able to make it to PD after all cause Cleo is a bit sick today. She has a tummy ache... so if she's not better by Wednesday then we won't go.

In any case I hope you have lots of fun at the beach and make sure you tell us all about it. Also take lots of pictures! Okay take care then and enjoy yourself there... Wink
Natasha Fernz
Frown

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2005, 5:11 PM

Post #21 of 38 (5462 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi there,

We may not be able to make it to PD after all cause Cleo is a bit sick today. She has a tummy ache... so if she's not better by Wednesday then we won't go.

In any case I hope you have lots of fun at the beach and make sure you tell us all about it. Also take lots of pictures! Okay take care then and enjoy yourself there... Wink

hi natasha,

so sorry to hear the cleo is not doing well... is he ate something wrong?? hope he will be alright...

as for the pic, i have prepare 512mb memory card..wuahaha..should be enough for photo taking....cause hear from member's here, dog will become not as active as when they was baby...wanna cherish all the sweet time with baobei

see ya

natasha_fernz

Oct 31, 2005, 6:31 PM

Post #22 of 38 (5459 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Cleo has a very sensitive tummy... I think she must have eaten something wrong...

Yes take lots of pictures cause when they grow up they are not as playful! Cleo is less playful than she was 6 months ago, and she's quieter and more obedient too.. So have fun with your baobei as much as you can...
Natasha Fernz
Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 2, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #23 of 38 (5406 views)
Shortcut

blurprincess

yah it is true, ur puppy will turn into doggy very fast, then u will regret din take enough photos.. do enjoy there & tell us how is it ok? Wink

Regards,

Yang

blurprincess
Dog Kichi

Nov 4, 2005, 6:49 PM

Post #24 of 38 (5353 views)
Shortcut

harlo....we came back already... we do have a great time in pd and in kl...as for the laguna condo resort..we do have some comments about it..

firstly impression is the condo very dirty..got a lots of dirts, my bf has sensitive nose,he keep sneezing untill the whole night didn't sleep well...so for those who have sensitive nose, please stay away from there... think this is because the condo has been leave it there long time ago..and seldom clean up.

for the beach they mention, we went there, actually it is not a beach for puppy and doggy,even not suitable for ppl to swim and play there.. is something like a place for ppl to bbq there...so we went to another beach...for those who bring puppy, better u avoind the teluk kemang 2 (something like that),that one is famous for ppl to go there picnic.. we actually able to find the another beach which is just beside a hotel..quite near with avilion ... can't remember what's that hotel name. that time no malay cause they are having buka puasa..only india and chinese... no ppl disturb us for bringing puppy... we werehaving very good time for baobei's first time to beach.. he was so scare...cause he never see beach before... after half an hour, we going back cause baobei still little boy,scare will get cold...

there are actually a restaurant allow puppy...others never care of us cause we are sitting at the corner.... the owner also own a local dog.. but the owner's daugther is super scary...she came and touch baobei and baobei don't feel good cause very hot there...so we have to finish our dinner faster..the name is the restaurant is n*m l*ng, is a seafood restaurant near laguna condo resort...the food not too bad, the price not too high also...

that's my personal comments...no hard feeling yea....

fishpoop
Novice

Nov 4, 2005, 8:39 PM

Post #25 of 38 (5351 views)
Shortcut
Re: Dog friendly places [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys... Just got back from PD too. Well, brought my furkid along and stayed at Sunshine Bay. Nice place, clean, got pool and the beach is also nice. Kinda like the beach coz not too crowded and not too dirty as well(which PD is famous for...haha). Anyway, the management doesn't approve of having pets in the condo but since the condo i stayed was private owned, the owner didn't mind at all. Even fascinated by Obi (my pug furkid)

I would recommend this place since resorts that allows pets are limited, and even those tat allows are always in very bad shape. haha...

Hope this piece of information helps. Sly

a puggie for life...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my