Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 19, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #1 of 89 (5673 views)
Shortcut
236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show Can't Post

Animal Lovers

Date: December 18, 2005 (Sun)

Time: 9:00am

Venue: (Rooftop-Level 4B), Seri Kembangan, Selangor

Judges: Mr. Robert Tessero, Mr. Satoshi Bessho, Mr. Robert Plumpton

ENTRY CLOSING DATE: November 18, 2005 (Friday)

Regards,

Yang

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2005, 8:34 PM

Post #2 of 89 (5659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank for the info.Wink

You got the entry form already??? I was at MKA yesterday but did't see got the form yet.Unsure

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 20, 2005, 2:46 AM

Post #3 of 89 (5642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisong

yap, get my entry form ready loh.. maybe the place i stay is nearer kua..Smile showing ur dog this time?

Regards,

Yang

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #4 of 89 (5637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Must go This will be last show of year 2005.

If did't go have to wait till next year Febraury or March 2006 liao.Unsure Sure your dad will join this show right?

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2005, 7:42 PM

Post #5 of 89 (5619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Will be coming for the show as well. But Seri Kembangan what place?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on Oct 20, 2005, 7:43 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2005, 8:40 PM

Post #6 of 89 (5612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Same place laSly Unsure

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2005, 10:37 PM

Post #7 of 89 (5603 views)
Shortcut

I see. Ok loh. I don't really like the place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #8 of 89 (5597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this time will be different place "Rooftop".

(This post was edited by chrisong on Oct 20, 2005, 10:39 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2005, 6:14 AM

Post #9 of 89 (5570 views)
Shortcut

I will be at Dr. Wong place tomorrow morning at 11am. You and Simon working???

I thinking enter JoJo also for puppy class. You think JoJo OK ar? She still very active and while staking her still moving here and there.Unsure and when walk she still jumping.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2005, 7:52 AM

Post #10 of 89 (5557 views)
Shortcut

chrisong

I dono wether my dad will come or not wo.. he stay at penang. but i think i might go see see look look loh. Smile

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2005, 8:04 AM

Post #11 of 89 (5556 views)
Shortcut

kitconnie78

Simon is ur.. Smile

Regards,

Yang

janiceC

Oct 21, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #12 of 89 (5551 views)
Shortcut

how i wish i could go....

but i duno where is seri kembangan..cuz i live in N.S...n am stil a secondary student n couldnt drive yetFrown
www.dogster.com/?210313

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2005, 6:51 PM

Post #13 of 89 (5537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janiceC] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

janice

maybe u can come by bus or ktm then go by taxi? Smile

Regards,

Yang

janiceC

Oct 21, 2005, 9:42 PM

Post #14 of 89 (5529 views)
Shortcut

hihi...

i've thought of that too..but i dun think my parents will lemme go there alone..

maybe i'll ask my fren n see how ler...if really no transport..then cant go ler..
www.dogster.com/?210313

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 22, 2005, 10:05 AM

Post #15 of 89 (5519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janiceC] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

JaniceC

well, ok.. try to make it if can, for me it is kinda good experience cause u can see lots of show dogs there. do u own any dog? Smile

Regards,

Yang

janiceC

Oct 22, 2005, 11:15 PM

Post #16 of 89 (5506 views)
Shortcut

yeahh..i'll try to make it..yes.i have a shih tzu..(my avatar)

most of this forum members r going too??Smile
www.dogster.com/?210313

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2005, 7:34 AM

Post #17 of 89 (5494 views)
Shortcut

FrownjaniceC

erm.. not most of them lah or else the place will be overwhelmed! imagine puppy.com got more than 10000 members!! hehe.. but many of them are going normally. Smile

Frown

Regards,

Yang

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Oct 23, 2005, 8:48 AM

Post #18 of 89 (5488 views)
Shortcut

hello leecy n chris,, l might go to the show, cos l hav never been to any championship show, can u pls tell me, wat is the requirement if l want to take part in the championship, thk

me-n-my-million-dollar.blogspot.com

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2005, 3:47 PM

Post #19 of 89 (5483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deronwoo] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

There are two main categories of competition-conformation shows and obedience trials. Dogs that compete in these areas must demonstrate different skill and capacities.
Conformation stresses the physical breed standard. Dogs are judged on how well they match the standard set for the breed. The criteria include temperament, biological qualities and overall good health. All types of dogs are able to compete in obedience trials.

Any purebred dog can enter a MKA conformation show, provided it meets several criteria. Dogs must be at least six months old the date of competition (except of minor puppy classes which are for dogs from 3 to 6 months old), registered with the and be physically compete. Dogs cannot be sterilized and must be "sexually intact".
All dogs, whether purebred or otherwise are allowed competing in MKA obedience trails. Unlike conformation show, dogs, which are not complete or have been sterilized, are also allowed.

Every breed has a written standard, which describes how the head, body, forequarters, tail placement, etc. of that particular breed should look like. In other words, the breed standard describes what a perfect specimen of a breed should look like, from head to tail.

The areas of judging include:
1) General Appearance
2) Size and Proportion
3) Head
4) Neck, Top line and Body
5) Forequarters
6) Hindquarters
7) Coat
8) Colour
9) Gait
10)Temperament

These areas are evaluated, not necessarily in the above order, by judges who examine and observe the dogs. Dogs are expected to stand for physical review and to run in a ring.

Entries to a MKA All Breeds Championship Show are divided into the various groups that the dogs belong to, namely, Hound, Gundog, Pastoral, Terrier, Toy, Utility or Working Group.
Within a Group, the entries are further divided into the individual breeds, which are again re-classified by gender and sub-divided into the various classes within the sex, which are:

Puppy
For dogs above 6 months to under 10 months of age on the day of the show.

Junior
For dogs above 10 months to under 15 months of age on the day the Show.

Intermediate
For dogs above 15 months to under 24 months of age on the day the Show.

Veteran
For dogs above 6 years of age on the day of the show.

Open
For all dogs above 24 months old.

Malaysian bred -
For dogs born in Malaysia.

Minor puppy class is run sweepstakes style, with all eligible dogs (any breed, any sex) judged at the same time to find a winner. Winners of all the classes would then brought together to find best male dog of the breed and runner up to the best male dog. The judge would award a Challenge Certificate (CC) to the best male dog if the judge is of the opinion that the dog is of sufficient quality to deserve the CC. The runners up male dog would be awarded the reserve challenge certificate (RCC) should it be a sufficient quality. The judge has prerogative to withhold awarding the CC or RCC if he is of the opinion that the dog does not meet the standard.
The whole judging procedure is repeated for the female dogs in the breed. When this is completed, the best male dog is brought together with the best female, in a Head-to-Head competition, to find the best of breed for that particular breed.
Judging for all breeds in a group is done in a similar fashion. All the best of breed winners in a group then compete against each other to determine the best of group honors.
Best in show is the ultimate achievement for a dog and the decision is made by comparing all the seven best of group winners to each other. In every conformation show, the process of elimination narrows the field down to a single dog, the best in show winner for the day.
Subsidiary titles are also awarded for the puppy, junior, maiden, veteran, and Malaysian bred classes in the similar fashion.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #20 of 89 (5473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [deronwoo] 236TH MKA All Breed Championship Show 2005 AKU All Breed Championship Show [In reply to] Can't Post

darenwoo

Think Chris already explain to u in detail, do ask him questions, he will answer, i learnt a lot from him too. But dont ever quarel with him, it will be enless, haha! Tongue

Regards,

Yang

janiceC

Oct 23, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #21 of 89 (5470 views)
Shortcut

oh.yalo hor..but i think most probably i cant go de..n can u tell me is seri kembangan near pj or wat?Blush
www.dogster.com/?210313

noir
Novice

Oct 24, 2005, 4:10 AM

Post #22 of 89 (5458 views)
Shortcut

tats interesting... a venue overlooking from the top.. COOL ! Wink
[img] www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pec13483f638761256e8b2624fbe35e37/ef0987e0.jpg[/img]

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Oct 24, 2005, 8:13 AM

Post #23 of 89 (5448 views)
Shortcut

thks chris, that was a very detail explaination, l roughly know wat's all abot, must visit a few more competition before l really understand the whole explaination. Winkthks again, hav fun

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Oct 24, 2005, 8:27 AM

Post #24 of 89 (5444 views)
Shortcut

thks for the advice leecy, l think l hav read an arguement regard abot dog food btw u n chris, it was friece, anyway he meant good n make his point , overall he love silky n give good advise, l love silky too, so plenty to learn fr him n fr u as well, so no quarreling wit my adviser, ha......... ha ..................ha....................SlySlySly

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 24, 2005, 7:17 PM

Post #25 of 89 (5429 views)
Shortcut

I think JoJo will be very good. The colour and the body is nice.Slowly try to teach her to walk. Still got a lot of time to train.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my