First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 17, 2005, 7:43 PM

Post #1 of 49 (3229 views)
Shortcut
Neapolitan Mastiff Can't Post

Hi Friends,

Anyone keeping or kept Neapolitan Mastiff? I would like to know if they are suitable for our tropical region especially in health wise eg. skin conditions.

Thank you
Best Wishes

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 17, 2005, 8:09 PM

Post #2 of 49 (3226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lex Ang] Neapolitan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Lex,

Nice to hear that you like Neo. What about your search on Presa and Cane Corso breeds ? Seen a few Neos a couple of years back, think they are quite susceptible to some skin irritation. This is based on what I can recall now.

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 18, 2005, 6:37 AM

Post #3 of 49 (3197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Neapolitan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Colin

How are you recently?

oh yes! I love Neo too, but not all the phenotype. In fact, I like most molossers and protection dogs.

Yup that what I heard too. Due to our hot and humid weather, they get skin disorder and heat stroke if not properly taken care. That why I want to learn from ppl who keep them in our region on their experience, thus decide to keep or admire them in future.

Regardin Presa and Cane, I think I am still quite inform in Presa so I am learnin Cane Corso as compare to presa in order to get a better perspective. Because I am more interested in guardianship and protection so most my question asked is regarding these area. I manage to sort out a general view from most of the trainers from overseas, who have experience with both the breeds. They believe Cane are more sociable than Presa, thus if you are bring dog out often they will go with Cane. Presa will have a slight edge over Cane on Guardianship. On protection and guarding can't go wrong with both the breeds. They also believe no matter what breed it is, 65% of the final behaviour depend alot on the raising and training of the dog.

Best Wishes
Best Wishes

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 22, 2005, 4:20 AM

Post #4 of 49 (3152 views)
Shortcut

Hi

Testing ... testing .... can anyone read my last reply?

Thanks
Best Wishes

koolfang

Oct 22, 2005, 5:31 PM

Post #5 of 49 (3143 views)
Shortcut

yeah lex... read u loud and clear... wow, u're into molosser breed eh... well i dunno much about neo or cane or presa or even fila. all i know is that these breeds are old breeds and its hard to confirm whether the breed is pure if manage to come across any here... i saw a neo in whelp once when i went to a guy's house to look at his apbt for sale in melaka. this guy construct a small room in his house compound and charge people who wants to put their bitch there for whelping. that was probably the 1st time i saw a neo and compare to what i c from the net n books, that neo i saw doesn't look like a neo. she barks loud but has nerve problem. look n sound fearce but when we open the door, she's afraid to come out... not condemning the breed tho but i'll just stick to high drive and hard nerve dogs...apbt

i'm into molosser also but its hard to get the good breeds here... inform me if u come across any good dogo or am bulldog...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #6 of 49 (3136 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lex,
Have seen a couple around. They look like thay have pretty good skin even around the muzzle & dewlaps(but horrible,horrible,horrible structure-they look like they have hip & joint problems). These are the ones that I have seen only though.
Not sure if they are suitable as I have also heard the same abt this breed.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 23, 2005, 1:45 AM

Post #7 of 49 (3131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koolfang] Neapolitan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Koolfang!!!Smile

Its really nice meeting any friends who love molossers. Thank you Thank you so much for your contribution. Yup, I believe nerve is an issue when we are searching for guardian or protection dogs. The lack of solid nerves happen to all breeds just have to choose carefully.

Oh I am staying in Singapore in fact, but will definitely keep you inform if I hear any good Dogo or Am bulldog breeders in our region. I like Am Bulldod too!

Cheers!
Best Wishes

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 23, 2005, 2:04 AM

Post #8 of 49 (3130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Neapolitan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RealityDreamer,

Thank you Thank you for your contribution.

Havent hear from your for a while. How life going ?

Yup, that what I seen too, most are not with good structure and some are very timid. Guess they are more of a piece of art when ship to a humid and hot country.
Best Wishes

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2005, 8:32 PM

Post #9 of 49 (3108 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Colin

How are you recently?

oh yes! I love Neo too, but not all the phenotype. In fact, I like most molossers and protection dogs.

Yup that what I heard too. Due to our hot and humid weather, they get skin disorder and heat stroke if not properly taken care. That why I want to learn from ppl who keep them in our region on their experience, thus decide to keep or admire them in future.

Regardin Presa and Cane, I think I am still quite inform in Presa so I am learnin Cane Corso as compare to presa in order to get a better perspective. Because I am more interested in guardianship and protection so most my question asked is regarding these area. I manage to sort out a general view from most of the trainers from overseas, who have experience with both the breeds. They believe Cane are more sociable than Presa, thus if you are bring dog out often they will go with Cane. Presa will have a slight edge over Cane on Guardianship. On protection and guarding can't go wrong with both the breeds. They also believe no matter what breed it is, 65% of the final behaviour depend alot on the raising and training of the dog.

Best Wishes

Hi Lex,

Good to see you around. Any chance of you crossing over the causeway. If you are may be we can meet up and talk dogs over a cup of coffee. What do you think ? 012-2585460, 07-2233580. Cheers. Hear from you again.

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 24, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #10 of 49 (3107 views)
Shortcut

Hi Colin,

I appreciate your invitation. Definitely, if I am going over to Johor I will drop you any email in advance so we can arrange a meeting.

And of course if you come over to Singapore pls inform me. haozhian .sg. I can bring you around and look at the doggies places in Singapore but of course it won't be as exciting than Malaysia I guess.

Best Wishes

Alex
Best Wishes

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #11 of 49 (3103 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Colin,

I appreciate your invitation. Definitely, if I am going over to Johor I will drop you any email in advance so we can arrange a meeting.

And of course if you come over to Singapore pls inform me. haozhian .sg. I can bring you around and look at the doggies places in Singapore but of course it won't be as exciting than Malaysia I guess.

Best Wishes

Alex

Hi Lex,

What dogs would you wanna show me ?

koolfang

Oct 24, 2005, 9:45 PM

Post #12 of 49 (3093 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Colin,

Best Wishes

Alex

hey... johor and melaka not that far what, maybe u can drop by melaka when u're in johor... anyway colin, when are u coming la....? pups will grow la. anyway we didn't manage to finish our conversation. my fren has a apbt on heat and would allow anyone who is interested to breed the bitch. he juz wants 2 pups from the breeding. the rest belongs to the stud... know anyone...?

Alex, i guess melaka not as good as johor when come to k9 breeds n i dunno many people here as well... if u're into apbt then can la but then again, singapore also ban the breed rite... u know any molosser breed in singapore? i seldom go to singapore, maybe once in few years but if its for the dogs, then i juz might make the trip there...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

koolfang

Oct 24, 2005, 9:52 PM

Post #13 of 49 (3091 views)
Shortcut

chloe... how's axl/axel... michael told u about playing in the rain...? wow... u never stop to amaze me... what other breeds that u don't know...? rather than me asking what breed u know, might as well ask what breed that u dont coz it'll be fewer than what u know rite...

so how's the exams coming... any news about jason's boxer...? pls keep me update on what's happening there...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2005, 6:56 AM

Post #14 of 49 (3077 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lex Smile
Been pretty busy lately...got my hands full with a new baby gator & preparation for exams.

Btw,I saw this presa(mix?) at some sort of pet centre when I was in S'pore. Think the place was called Ericson Pet Farm or smth along those lines. They told me they let the dog roam & guard the premises at night.

Any info on tht dog? Is he pure(any idea of his lineage)? Trained?

How bout u? How's ur search coming along?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #15 of 49 (3070 views)
Shortcut

Hey Dennis,
He's doing pretty good. Drives starting to show & getting more n more scars Pirate lol. His fur is getting on my nerves tho. I don't think I'll enjoy bathing him when he's full grown(got used to BM n Dobe).

haha...there's alot more I don't noe.Cannot compare to u "dog men" la.

Well...still studying..exam's coming soon too. She seems to be getting better albeit slowly.
Smile

Btw,wht's ur email/contact? Can update u easier that way.Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 8:00 AM

Post #16 of 49 (3064 views)
Shortcut

Hi Koolfang,

Thank you so much, I love to b'coz i havent been to melaka before. if I am going over will definitely inform you coz I will need you to be my tour guide pls...hee..hee

ooh I like to learn more on apbt too. I am still able to find some ban breeds in Singapore e.g. apbt, akita, but most of their owners are quite low profile and some of the breeds are not register with the government bodies using their actual breed name. Regarding molosser in Singapore, yup we have Dogue de Bordeaux and Bullmastiff as the most commonly seen, but frankly, I have never seen any nice one yet. others are usually a few scatter around Singapore.

We do not have much ppl in Singapore doing real property guardian or PP training so most of the molosser you see ard are for showing off. Thats the sad thing, embarrass to say, most singaporeans only want to have big big guard dogs and they never think of other issue like the hips or nerves...haiz
Best Wishes

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 9:04 AM

Post #17 of 49 (3059 views)
Shortcut

Wow! its so nice working with a new pup. Gd Luck for your exam too.

If you are talking about the Presa in Ericssion Pet farm, his name is Gao, If I am not wrong he is from Dark Force Kennel in US. I do consider him as a pure Presa just that he is slightly oversize for a Presa if you follow the standard. And from his looks, I think Great Dane was used in the construction of his forefathers. I am sorry I am not too sure about his lineage. Gao is the great great grandfather of many locally bred Presa and Presa X in Singapore. I believe he is not specially trained in PP, but maybe yes for basic property guarding. According to his ex owner, Gao was abit unstable regarding his temperment eg. Gao will sometimes show aggression towards him even at a close distant and he has to reassure Gao its him. I guess that is one of the reason why he sold him.

oh I am good waiting for my sch to starts nxt yr and in the mean time upgrading myself. Regarding my research on cane I had posted the result in one of my reply in this thread.

Best Wishes
Best Wishes

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 9:14 AM

Post #18 of 49 (3058 views)
Shortcut

Hi Colin,

I can bring you ard Singapore Doggies places like all the farm and shops arounds. And if we have a chance we can going and see some Presa Canario.
Best Wishes

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2005, 11:00 AM

Post #19 of 49 (3050 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lex,
We were talking abt PP dogs with 1 or 2 of the GSD enthusiasts...n 1 mentioned that S'pore is so safe that they don't really think abt serious PP. What do u think? Any truth in that?

Thanks for the info on Gao. I couldn't really see his head...he looked a lil more mastiff-ish than the usual presa's to me at the time.

Hehe...yea it is great fun. Just out of curiosity..how many dogs/wht breed hv u owned/currently own?Smile

P.S. Thanks! Gonna need it.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

koolfang

Oct 25, 2005, 5:53 PM

Post #20 of 49 (3041 views)
Shortcut

Chloe, i don't know if the admin will delete my e-mail and number or but anyway if u can't see it here, u can ask from michael... 013-6187118 and koolfang at yahoo.com

hey, check out the apbt pups pictures i attached at the apbt thread... a1 has the most food drive... 1st to come juz like siva's bitch that u liked...

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 25, 2005, 5:55 PM

Post #21 of 49 (3041 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Colin,

I can bring you ard Singapore Doggies places like all the farm and shops arounds. And if we have a chance we can going and see some Presa Canario.

Hi Lex,

Thanks. Certainly looking forward to the outing trip. Cheers.

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 7:54 PM

Post #22 of 49 (3023 views)
Shortcut

Hi RealityDreamer,

oh I personally feels that no matter how safe it is in Singapore. we still need to concentration on your own property or safety defence. We still have burglars breaking into houses once in a while. And its quite scary travelling alone in a remote area here too. Remembering years back, there is a young girl in her early 20s, she got raped while jogging alone in a park. So you really don't know when the crooks will strike. I also believe we can not leave all the job to the police, we have to do our own part in protecting your own belongings. We still have shopping center n private bulidings using guard dogs to dog patroling in the night.

And beside using the dogs as security guards, they are gd companions too. No offence, its my own opinions, dogs you don't need to worry about how much to pay them per mths or their annual leave and benefits as compare to a human security guard. You just have to feed them once a day and shower them with love 5 to 10 mins everyday. They will then work for you 24 hrs and they have a much higher alertness than any human.

Best wishes
Best Wishes

boon
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2005, 10:43 PM

Post #23 of 49 (3013 views)
Shortcut

No offence, its my own opinions, dogs you don't need to worry about how much to pay them per mths or their annual leave and benefits as compare to a human security guard. You just have to feed them once a day and shower them with love 5 to 10 mins everyday. They will then work for you 24 hrs and they have a much higher alertness than any human.

Bathe them 5 to 10 minutes everyday ? are they 4 legged fish or what ? To own, maintain, up keep them as a 'worker' u just need to send back for training/retrain/refinement.....

not a low cost 'worker' as u though.....

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Lex Ang
Novice

Oct 26, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #24 of 49 (2989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Neapolitan Mastiff [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

No offence, its my own opinions, dogs you don't need to worry about how much to pay them per mths or their annual leave and benefits as compare to a human security guard. You just have to feed them once a day and shower them with love 5 to 10 mins everyday. They will then work for you 24 hrs and they have a much higher alertness than any human.

Bathe them 5 to 10 minutes everyday ? are they 4 legged fish or what ? To own, maintain, up keep them as a 'worker' u just need to send back for training/retrain/refinement.....

not a low cost 'worker' as u though.....

oh I am sorry let me re-phrase it. I mean just devote 5 to 10 mins to them everyday for a short tug-a-war game or others with them. In order to motivate them and make them feel that you are giving them some attention.

oh I mean if you are using them as property guardian, do we need intense training like what we do for french ring. schutzhund or etc? I believe we can custom a training programme depending on individual situation like the size of ur house and what are the possible mode of breaking in. As long as your dogs can counter these that will be good in enough. once in a while get different group of strangers to agitate them from outside to build up n maintain their confidence. I don't need to send them back for any training I guess these work, I believe as an owner you can work and refine them on your own and its also a gd time to spend with your dogs.Smile
Best Wishes

boon
Doggyman

Oct 26, 2005, 4:45 PM

Post #25 of 49 (2975 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

When i mentioned retrain/refinement... i do not meant for ring or schh....it is what u and i understand by the word og 'guardian' jaga rumah right ....

U need to make sure they're in control all the time....and simply find a group of strangers to so call make him feel more confident will lead u to nothing more than 1 ending.....dead end.

By agitation the dog, and keep doing it that way......without a release and relief.....god bless...

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my